#1 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

So I got Injustice today and I think it is a pretty cool game. I do wish it had 2 weight classes so joker wasn't throwing Superman threw a skyscraper but I guess I can deal with it. They say Fans will have a say on what DLC characters whey add. So Who would you like to see added?

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Did they seriously announce fans get a say on what DLC characters they want? God it would be awesome if we at least got one Wildstorm character like a Zealot, Majestic, or somebody like that.

#3 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

I mostly preordered it because I'd love to see DC get a good fighting game and because they never really had one excluding the Mortal Kombat crossover and a terrible one in the 90s. I freakin' LOVE the game too. Mostly for Raven and Harley (the two being my favorite DC characters). Excluding the BS amount of Batman characters, the first DLC character is confirmed to be Lobo and hints are pointing to Martian Manhunter and Power Girl, Zatanna, or Supergirl. One of my friends is just BEGGING for Starfire or Superboy to be in.

Yeah, I think Starfire or Superboy could be fun to play as if done right

#4 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well the interview I saw { I think it was IGN) said that they would take fans thoughts into account or something like that. I don't think it will be a vote but I guess they are listening.

#5 badpierce

badpierce

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I think Firestorm would be fun. They could do a lot with his power set. Also Apollo, Dr. Fate, Dr. Light, Bizzaro, Clayface, Mister Mxyzptlk and Uncle Sam would be a lot of fun to play as.

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

This is looking to be one of the best superhero games honestly. We already know based on the demo each character will fight like themselves too. I wonder how the story mode plays out as far as gameplay.

#7 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

What I Like

- Story mode. I goes without saying that after the amazing story mode in MK9 we'd get the goods in Injustice. The story is as engrossing as a fighting game's story will ever be, there's lots of neat little extras that goes with it and it's genuinely fun.

- The game feels new, like no other fighting game before it. It's NOT MK9 without a block button, it combines some familiar elements (MK's juggling and strings, MVC3 with launchers, wall and ground bounces, pacing and meter useage like SF4.) However these are just the CLOSEST analogies I can think of, it truly is a new experience, something few fighting games do today.

- The roster, seriously 24 characters at launch is a god send.

- How much meter matters, from small things like push blocking to the wager system there's potentially a huge meter metagame in Injustice.

- Transitions, backgrounds and the background attacks are awesome.

What I don't like

- Character graphics and animations. Everyone looks like they're wearing metal shoulder pads and robot suits and I really dislike the Stiff animations brought over from MK9. I hope classic character skins get released at some point.

- Combos and attacks feel like they're all flash with no weight. I guess this is because Injustice uses a physical gravity engine rather than hit stun degradation most fighting games use. Everything LOOKS amazing but for some reason I don't get the sense of feed back I get from say a massive air combo in MVC3.

- The transitions are too long and after repeated fights they turn from cool to annoying. There should be an option to allow a shortened transition to play after you've seen it for the first time.

All in all though the game is fun, I was impressed by the demo so much I actually went out and bought the game.

As for DLC characters I'd like to see: Darkseid (though he already has a cameo so maybe that's already dead,) Zatanna, Poison Ivy, Lobo, Bizzaro, Martian Manhunter, Blue Beetle and (if the game wasn't so damn serious) Elongated Man and Detective Chimp :P

#8 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Get back to me when they make a DC fighting game that isn't some lame dark EXTREME Elseworld wannabe grimfest where everyone's acting like a Mortal Kombat character in super hero cosplay.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I think the reason they did Injustice the way they did is because unless you do some random fighting game with no story they probably feel a Injustice type story is the best way to go in having DC superheroes go against each other.

As far as the costumes they already announced there will be DLC's for costumes for some characters. That makes up for the way some characters look. I like the game play. I would sacrifice less combos to have characters actually fight the way they do.

#10 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Get back to me when they make a DC fighting game that isn't some lame dark EXTREME Elseworld wannabe grimfest where everyone's acting like a Mortal Kombat character in super hero cosplay.

See you never then!

#11 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm thinking the three that haven't been announced are going to be Martian Manhunter (Because we all know its going to happen.) Darkseid, and I'm tossed up about the final one. Probably Starfire just to throw in another titan and girl.

#12 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

So along with Lobo the rumored DLC is going to be: Batgirl, General Zod and... Scorpion

color me unimpressed :(

#13 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Who the hell is Scorpion?

#14 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Mortal Kombat's Scorpion

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Lobo is awesome. Seriously Barbara Gordon is no longer the most popular. If it were Cassandra Cain or Stephanie that would be great. Barbara I could care less about. Scorpion is a nice little tease to add but seriously no I don't want him. Give me a another DC character that's never been in a game. General Zod is interesting though pointless since you have a Superman who is no longer good in this game. Once again that spot could have gone to a better character. Hopefully Batgirl will have different costumes which would make it better.

#16 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

More DLC rumors! Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Red Hood and Sub Zero

#17 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

So sad that Black Canary isn't even in the DLC vote. I think she's popular enough for a spot. Also Animal Man, Zatanna and Swamp Thing would be nice. I think MM is a shoe in, either in this round of DLC or the next one.

#18 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Only person I'm not all that excited for is Zod, I'm hoping they come up with a way to make him feel like a different character than superman, but it atleast looks like batgirl plays differently than batman so props to them for that

#19 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I can't believe Scorpion is gonna be in Injustice. Haven't Netherrealm learned anything from MK vs DC? If they were going to make Scorp DLC, at least make him the very last character to be revealed. It kinda ruins the surprise for me a bit. I'd laugh if there was a nod to MK vs DC and have Scorpion have a really shitty super move, like Liu Kang's arcade fatality.

As for the game, well here's my review...

Characters: A really fun and dynamic all-star roster. The only character I really don't like is Nightwing, especially in his staff fighting style. His jump animation reminds me of MK: Armageddon *Shudders*. But yeah, apart from that, every character is a blast to play as. I think that they could have replaced Nightwing, since he does very little in the story and as I've stated, is really dull to play as. Batgirl looks original enough though. My favourite? I'm tied between Ares and Batman.

Gameplay: The gameplay is very solid and fun to play. I think the jump animations are really floaty which kinda annoys me. I think the character power button is fun, but some are much more powerful than others. Black Adam's is especially cheap. The super moves are really cool, but I think some can be improved upon. In the Flash's, he runs around the earth and punches the opponent really hard, but in the DC universe, the earth is made of paper apparently. Same goes for Doomsday's which is just ridiculous.

I feel that too many super moves involve throwing the opponent in the air before hitting them back down to earth. Looking at you three, Superman, Captain Marvel and Hawkgirl. As for the transitions? Badass. Throwing someone into Killer Croc before getting thrown through several buildings is so satisfying. More fighting games need this feature. The stage interactions are OK, but some are quite cheap, like if a heavy character like cyborg throws a car at you, you're doomed. But if Flash tries to, he just jumps off it, which is kinda lame and uninspired. The wagers are cool, but I hate the mechanics. If Injustice had character stats, then wager would have the two characters charge at each other, compare stats, and whoever has the highest total wins.

Story: Boring. The intro sets the scene as a dark opening, but the rest is a really uninspired alternate universe story. Couldn't they have just used the Justice Lords instead of emo Regime Superman. Don't get me wrong, the Regime/Insurgents costumes are all cool, but I just don't get it.

Costumes: I think all the standard costumes look cool, but as I've said, the Regime universe ones look cooler. I like that there's so many alternate costumes, but some do look kinda samey. I really like Joker and Harley Quinn's Arkham universe costumes, but I don't know how to get them. I like the extreme attention to detail, but the characters all look so small onscreen, that you hardly notice. I don't think Batman deserves quite as many costumes as he got, but who cares, he's Batman.

#20 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I actually hate the majority of the costumes. Just give me classic costumes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users