• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have always loved Red Hood and I like him in the new 52. He is DC's antihero and the one member in the Bat Family who will kill which I love. Plus he has always had a great backstory and still does. 

#42 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

My only real problem with Red Hood is the whole being resurrected thing. It never sits well with me, and the fact that every character who dies can come back just a little later is my least favorite part of comics in general.

#43 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I agree but at least with characters like Jason Todd he was dead for a good number of years before coming back.

#44 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

LOL you have a problem with that? I don't. I actually like the fact we saw that Amanda Waller was a good secret agent part of Team 7. She should have been like that in the first place and yea looking like a Halle Berry was a good move. Keeping her brillance and great manipulation of things was another nice addition too.

Yes. It's a stupid, thinly-veiled attempt to attract more male readers by plastering another well-endowed woman across the cover pages. I've always absolutely hated Waller, but this makes me like her even less. They've completely changed the role and direction of the character.

#45 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

Wonder Man

Terrible name, weak costume, boring powers and as exciting as watching paint dry.

Plus the whole This-Robot-Is-My-Brother-But-I’m-In-Love-With-His-Wife thing made my skin crawl.

#46 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

People are still talking about characters they hate which is what the thread is for. 

I meant people are complaining about the character treatment after the new 52

#47 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

I meant people are complaining about the character treatment after the new 52

If people only hate a character from a certain period, like a silver age version or the new 52 version, that's understandable.

#48 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Eh. Red Hood is super childish.
I wish they'd go ahead and have someone tell him: "You had the crap beat out of you by the Joker, died, and Batman wasn't there to save you. Stop being a little b**** about everything and get over it.

#49 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

The X-Men-- For one, they are X-traordinarily Ineffecient. We have a paramilitary organization headed by a bald wheelchair bound psychic who preaches peace and unity between mutant and human alike, all the while battling mutant terrorist groups and Anti-Mutant KKK groups. So Charles Xavier, one of the greatest intellects in the Marvel Universe and the closest analogue to Martin Luther King Jr. in the mutant community, has this peculiar plan that the best way to dissuade mankind's fear of violent super humans is to band some of the most powerful mutants in the world under the same roof, give them matching uniforms and mould them into a paramilitary organization that masquerades as an upstate boarding school for kids. Am I understanding this correctly? This is the plan? Inducting kids into Xavier's makeshift black ops squad so they can get into fist fights with government goons or the henchmen of some supervillain?

In the forty eight years since the creation of the franchise, in the Marvel Universe the X-Men have accomplished nothing. They don't make campaigns or take any effort to engage in political and social discourse, they just go around and punch people. They're not freedom fighters. They're superheroes chained to the status quo. They're like firemen who don't fight fire.

They haven't effectively stopped Magneto perminantly. They haven't effectively stopped Apocalypse perminantly.

Also, the X-Men are supposed to be this allegory of being an oppressed minority. However over the years this just changed to simply being a metaphor and representation of being an opressed minority-- to essentially being pretty people who have powers, some akin to being god, suffering from rich, pretty people problems. Seriously, look at a bulk of the X-Men-- they're supermodels for crying out loud. Look at Cyclops. Look at Colossus. Look at Emma Frost. Pretty people with super powers with pretty people problems. And it's the same old, same old-- Superher Soap Opera, Super Pretty People with Problems.

If I wanted to read a story with mutant characters who suffer social outcasting and more or less are feared, misunderstood and even hunted for what they are-- I'd read Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. At least they killed their main arch nemesis the Shredder in the first issue.

-Rakai'Thwei

#50 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Clearly you haven't read much of X-Men recently, if at all.

Yeah Beast is totally a pretty rich boy with pretty people problems, totally bro.

#51 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Clearly you haven't read much of X-Men recently, if at all.

Yeah Beast is totally a pretty rich boy with pretty people problems, totally bro.

I am not your bro, buddy.

-Rakai'Thwei

#52 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Fair enough dude.

Still probably haven't read of their recent stuff. Tell me, is Scott Summers still at Westchester with Xavier?

#53 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Fair enough dude.

Still probably haven't read of their recent stuff. Tell me, is Scott Summers still at Westchester with Xavier?

No, he's busy with his Xtinction team or whatever... Or so I have heard being a political refugee or criminal.

Then there is another group of the X-Men who are presently busy with the original 1960s team.

-Rakai'Thwei

#54 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I heard he was dead, just like Xavier...at least, that's what Emma Frost said.

#55 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am not your bro, buddy.

-Rakai'Thwei

The correct response to that would have been, 'I'm not your buddy, friend." But now the moment's lost.

#56 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Let's see

Billy Batson, new 52, sucks. It's been said here already, but I feel the need to say it. They took a great character and said, "What if we repackaged him by stripping away everything that makes him interesting or likable?" And, sorry, but no, making him a little shit who has no remorse for extorting people (albeit just 20 bucks) and robbing a bank for beer money doesn't make him more realistic, it makes him a terrible person. 

As for Red Hood and the Outlaws, that's just a terrible series. Can't say I like anyone from it. Jason himself could be fine with his personality, if it were balanced with two enjoyable characters. Instead we have a series with three people who just spend their entire time hating themselves and each other. 

However, with that in mind, go read DC Universe presents #17 for a genuinely enjoyable version of Arsenal. 

Another one I'd like to reiterate is Super girl. Weather or not she was intended to come off a whiny little brat, she did. 

Speaking of whiny super brats, Super boy is another terribly written character. I am sick and tired of his existential clone depression.  

#57 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Good points being made that I agree with. Let me address a few of them.

X-Men: Rakai is right about the fact the X-Men seem to never accomplish anything regarding Xavier's dream. At this point I can't blame Cyclops for taking the path he did with his current X-Men. Killing Xavier was not his fault. Marvel needs to stop trying to convince me of that. The Avengers were wrong from the start and Captain America there Golden Boy they won't have admit that. The Phoenix was in control. Plain and Simple. They even had comic issues talking about the fact Cyclops was losing himself and the Phoenix was starting to take control of him. Also so many X-Men characters bitch,  whine, and moan these days. These characters use to be very fun. Now only a few of them are interesting and good. Like Landon said in his review, Wolverine and the X-Men along with X-Factor are probably the best X-Men titles right now. All new X-Men is okay but there is no f**king point to it. The original X-Men aren't doing anything important at the moment.

Superboy and Supergirl: No wonder Superman in the new 52 doesn't bother with them. They are a pain in the ass and whine a lot. I would date Wonder Woman too and  just go about my business  like Superman did ignoring both of them. I'll let them complain and come to there senses on there own time. At least in Supergirl's case her comic book has had great writing from the start and she had moments where she was entertaining. Superboy's book took a few issues until it had good writing and was enjoyable. 

By the way I can't remember the last time I cared about or liked Captain America in the past year two or three years since he came back to life. I have mixed feelings on 616 Cap. I love Ultimate Captain America. That's my Cap right now and always has been.

#58 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Good points being made that I agree with. Let me address a few of them.

X-Men: Rakai is right about the fact the X-Men seem to never accomplish anything regarding Xavier's dream. At this point I can't blame Cyclops for taking the path he did with his current X-Men. Killing Xavier was not his fault. Marvel needs to stop trying to convince me of that. The Avengers were wrong from the start and Captain America there Golden Boy they won't have admit that. The Phoenix was in control. Plain and Simple. They even had comic issues talking about the fact Cyclops was losing himself and the Phoenix was starting to take control of him. Also so many X-Men characters bitch,  whine, and moan these. These characters use to be very fun. By the way I can't remember the last time I cared about or liked Captain America in the past year two or three years since he came back to life I have mixed feelings on 616 Cap. I love Ultimate Captain America. That's my Cap right now and always has been.

My whole beef with Avengers Vs. X-Men in a nutshell.

Not too sure on Captain America. I used to think he should've just been a product of his time during WW II but I don't hate him. I guess for him and Hawkeye I just prefer their movie incarnations. For Hawkeye its mostly just I hated his costume.

#59 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

For all of the new 52:

https://i.chzbgr.com...2640/hDC22465D/

#60 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

For all of the new 52:

https://i.chzbgr.com...2640/hDC22465D/

YES!  :lol: I knew somebody would make a GIF of that!

There are aspects of the New 52 that I like, like the current Justice League arc, the Court of Owls, Death of the Family, and I'm hyped for Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's 'Superman Unchained'. Wonder Woman's story tied in with the New Gods was very clever, too.

Jason I still like, even if they have derailed Starfire and Roy (btw, I still ship Dick and Kory even if the New 52 doesn't). Justice League Dark is pretty fun. And the fact that they are making a new Constantine comic is great.

It definitely has a lot of problems though.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, here's another superhero that I hated... Or two.

Wonder_Twins.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users