90 replies to this topic

#1 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has an irrational (or perhaps totally rational) hatred of a major comics hero, so I'm opening this thread for anyone who just wants to rant about a character they hate.

So basically, just give the name of the hero and why you hate them.

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'll start, and I'll start with a big one. I cannot stand Superman. He's incredibly overpowered, with the strength to move planets and speed to match the Flash. He has more powers than I can hope to name. His weaknesses are often understated, like him being able to beat the hell out of a robot who is exposing him to kryptonite. And yet, he still manages to get his butt handed to him by enemies who shouldn't stand a chance against him if he just uses his supposedly genius brain in a fight.

#3 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

I know this sounds really weird but there is no superhero I can think of that I genuinely hate. I'm kind of sick of Wolverine's over-publicity though.

#4 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'll start, and I'll start with a big one. I cannot stand Superman. He's incredibly overpowered, with the strength to move planets and speed to match the Flash. He has more powers than I can hope to name. His weaknesses are often understated, like him being able to beat the hell out of a robot who is exposing him to kryptonite. And yet, he still manages to get his butt handed to him by enemies who shouldn't stand a chance against him if he just uses his supposedly genius brain in a fight.

Flash is much faster.

#5 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Can't stand the hulk, the idea of "unlimited" power through anger bothers me immensely

#6 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Potter and poet explained my displeasure for the heroes. I don't HATE them per say but the power's arms race is sort of redicious to me when it comes to Wolverine being celebrated and appearing everywhere while I was happy with Hulk being stronger than most heroes but sometimes its just improbable how strong he should be.

Overall, I suppose if I really hated any hero it would just be how they become in the fanbase or writers, I don't like Superman very much but I admire his nature and some of his stories are good. Ironically, I prefer Batman's villians that aren't the Joker and hate Batman just for how people put him to God-status

#7 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

With a good writer any character can work. With a bad writer the best characters can become walking jokes.

#8 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

I can't heroes like Superman who just have way too many powers in similiarity.

#9 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

wolverine is my favorite charaicter of all time but he hasn't been the same charaicter at all since regaining his memories he seems to be to much like batman that don't show his enhanced stats in the comics much anymore and they totaly over show his regeneration.

hey does anyone remember when wolverine had a supersences and enhanced attributes  i haven't seen him use them in a long time.

i hate the sentry because how his story and power kept changeing i hated rulk at first because he punched out watchers then got his ass kicked by wolverine is just stupid. 

#10 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I can't beieve they're making another Wolverine film (called 'The Wolverine'. How original. -_- ). What's the point? Just make them direct to DVD or something.

#11 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I can't beieve they're making another Wolverine film (called 'The Wolverine'. How original. -_- ). What's the point? Just make them direct to DVD or something.

Hugh Jackman loves Money it is that simple. And Fox has no qualms in giving it to him.

#12 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

if they done it right it would be good but they never do the movies right.

i can't wait until x-men days of future past comes out surely they can't screw that up.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

1. Luke Cage- What a boring f**king character and one that never held my interest. Ironfist doesn't need Cage to have a successful comic. I always felt bad this is who Ironfist got stuck with.

2. Cable: He has a good backstory and one which I love because I am a fan of time traveling stories but after a while the character should have been left dead. Cable has been overused and needs to finally be put to rest. For me I quickly got tired of the character. Second Coming was the perfect storyline to do it. I've grown annoyed with the character and I hate him now.

3. Jubliee: A useless, annoying, boring, and pathetic character.

4. Captain Atom: A example of a character you make so powerful you don't know what the hell to do with him and can't write him for shit. Pre 52 Captain Atom had nothing for me to like and I can't remember one story centered around him I liked. Even when he was on a Team he was my least favorite character. The only good thing about him Pre 52 was the Monitor thing. New 52 Captain Atom is actually okay and was written well I didn't finish reading his comics because that was one of the books that got lost in the shuffle of the many comics I read.

5. Emma Frost: I laughed my ass off when they tried so hard to make her a hero and part of the X-Men. Not one time was I ever convinced she did anything for the right reasons. I don't get what the f**k was the point of this character ever being on the side of good if she constantly betrayed her allies and had her own agenda. Kitty Pryde beating her in Astonishing X-Men and threatening to phase her head in between solid material then let go killing her was a great moment.

6. Ms.Marvel: Absolutely nothing to the character. Like literally. Her only purpose seemed to be getting her ass kicked constantly by Rogue and that's it. They gave her nothing interesting. Besides her backstory with Rogue I find there is nothing else to make you care about her.

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I like all these characters posted so far. Matter of fact, I don't hate any character. Just differing levels of liking. Xenarack said it best. The writer is who makes the character shine or not.

#15 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah no, *vulgarity* Nova Prime and Pyro.

*Leaves*

:P

#16 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Red Hood. He's just annoying. He's snarky, and way too cocky; you'd think dying might humble a guy, but no. He has the intellectual self-awareness of a frat boy stereotype, and any personal character conflict seems forced. And he's in way too many crossovers; if he's gonna have his own story, give him his own story, he shouldn't be coming back to Gotham every two weeks to pick up Bruce's laundry.

If I were in charge I'd rename it from Red Hood and the Outcasts to Starfire in Lingerie and the Annoying Jackasses. At least then it would honestly reflect what you're getting. 

#17 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

This guy right here. Crazy Steve.

Batman+Weird.jpg

#18 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Crazy Steve is a Drake and Josh character. -.-

#19 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Someone doesn't watch Atop the Fourth Wall  :lol: . Its basically the messed-up version of Batman whose like GINO (Godzilla In Name Only).

#20 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Superman from the Justice League animated series. What a controlling dick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users