Photo
- - - - -

KHAZAN FALLING: Batman and Pyro vs. Masuta Tengoku and Zombie Girl

FPL vs. CBUB

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: FPL vs. CBUB (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Batman and Pyro (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Masuto Tengoku and Zombie Girl (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Continued from here

Batman and Pyro in Khazan Omega

Batman walks out of a shadowy corner and into a shadowy chamber.  He immediately sets his eyes upon its occupants.  Before him, an enormously large Asian man in a gi is being fiercely attacked by a young lady who appears to be undead; candles burn throughout the room.  “A dojo.”  He pronounces to himself.  “What?”  Pyro yells, pushing past him and into the room.  Abruptly, he ignites the candles with roaring flames and lights up the room.  “Hey?  Take us to Sage or I burn your freakin Chinese restaurant down.” He yells.  The fight stops immediately.  ZombieGirl jumps back, startled by the sudden appearance of the intruders.  Batman shakes his head and tries to step in…

“Hey, what I tell you about getting in my way?” Pyro says and puts his hand on Batman’s shoulder.  Batman begins a stance meant to sling the pyromancer to the floor, but is stopped by a booming stomp.  “How did you get in here?  This is private, Sentinel property.” Masuto Tengoku growls.  “Becki-san, go hit the alarm.”  ZombieGirl rushes off, but is stopped as a bat-a-rang wisps past her head.  “I’m sorry, I cannot allow you to do this.  If you would all just liste…”  He is interrupted by Pyro.  “Once again, take us to Sage old man or I torch you.”  With a clap of his hands, Tengoku dissipates the candles.  “You were saying boy?”  Pyro smiles and ignites his mini-flamethrowers.  “Let’s rumble old man.”

The Fight

Batman and Pyro v Masuto Tengoku and Zombie Girl in a SLJ training dojo.  There are random martial arts weapons everywhere.  Note: Masuto Tengoku abhors the use of weapons unless absolutely needed, preferring hand-to-hand in the esoteric ninja arts.

Fight ends Friday

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Learn More About

200x200x1297.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jPfM3ZKSg6200x200x1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6fECcHwDxD.jp

Pyro (Movie version) and Batman

and

200x200x448.gif.pagespeed.ic.0jkv0PlDO6.200x200x369.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9DezgflnRI.

Zombiegirl and Masuta Tengoku

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

LOL Zombiegirl and Masuta? Well It was nice knowing Batman and Pyro...

Both there abilities and skills combined puts down Team One.

#4 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Going to have to look over these characters, get back about this later.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Go get em Nova! Pyro can set people on fire and Batman is the Gawddarn Batman!

#6 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Same as Nova, I won't be able to post in length yet, but from what I've read me and Pyro can win this.

#7 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Alright, here we go. Batman and Pyro do in fact take this. Firstly, Pyro can beat either, and so can Batman. Batman can take on Masuta Tengoku. Firstly, he is the far superior martial artist of the two. Masuta should hold black belts in several disciplines, but Batman holds 127, making him the more skilled martial artist. Masuta Tengoku's agility is at a 0. From his profile it doesn't seem that related to striking speed, but Batman will be fast enough to easily outmaneuver Masuta. The only possible problems stem from Masuta's abilities. But Batman has counters for these as well. If held in the air by gravity, for example, he can distract the opponent with sonic batarangs. Same for phasing. Supreme durability is very tough, but based on Masuta's agility and inferior martial skills, I see no reason why Batman cannot shower him with punches and batarangs, as well as tranquilizers.

I will be back with reasoning on Pyro and Zombiegirl.

#8 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Yeah let's break this down.

Pyro vs ZombieGirl

Well, first of all the baseball bat could be easily dealt with, imo. Simple incineration reduces it to ashes. The elongation is really cool(seriously) but not much use in a fight. Iron Will and Berserker Rage a little bit better but nothing John couldn't handle. Now the healing, that's his biggest obstacle. He may have to pour on the flame a lot to fry her Kentucky style. I'm sorry, that was terrible, but I couldn't resist.

Pyro vs Masutā Tengoku

John is nowhere near being comparable in hand to hand combat, so it would be wise to keep the fight on the long range side. Thankfully that's an area in which he excels. Simple fire blasts to Creations of pure flame can keep him on offense. On defense, he could try and keep Tengoku at bay from close combat with some firewalls, unless he just jumps through them...still good though as he would be injured/burned. Now, I may be mistaken(correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm a noob!) but his phasing power doesn't seem to be like Kitty Pryde's ability, more like a mist form, so the time it takes to reform into a physical form is time John could use to attack his teammate. Doesn't exactly help his chances. The Tengu Palm is very advantageous as well, area of affect damage and disorienting. Pyro however could likely propel himself off of the floor with a jet of flame, thereby avoiding the attack. Of course, that is dependent on Tengoku hitting the floor. If he tries to hit John with that personally, well refer to my earlier point of trying to prevent hand to hand. Then we come to the biggest threat, his Gravity. If he can't get up off the ground, he is not nearly as effective. However, he is not defenseless. He has been shown to be able to manipulate flame by winking and other such acts. If he catches Tengoku by surprise by that, well then Tengoku might be cooking medium rare. Heh, I'm sorry again. :P

#9 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Alright, here we go. Batman and Pyro do in fact take this. Firstly, Pyro can beat either, and so can Batman. Batman can take on Masuta Tengoku. Firstly, he is the far superior martial artist of the two. Masuta should hold black belts in several disciplines, but Batman holds 127, making him the more skilled martial artist. Masuta Tengoku's agility is at a 0. From his profile it doesn't seem that related to striking speed, but Batman will be fast enough to easily outmaneuver Masuta. The only possible problems stem from Masuta's abilities. But Batman has counters for these as well. If held in the air by gravity, for example, he can distract the opponent with sonic batarangs. Same for phasing. Supreme durability is very tough, but based on Masuta's agility and inferior martial skills, I see no reason why Batman cannot shower him with punches and batarangs, as well as tranquilizers.

I will be back with reasoning on Pyro and Zombiegirl.

I think there's some problems with that logic, and for the sake of an interesting debate I'll play devil's advocate

-You state that Batman is a better martial artist because he holds 127 blackbelts and Masuta only holds several. I'll skim over the facts that A. by definition 'several' could imply up to, and more than 127, since several is not a numeric value, just an implication of value over 1, and B, that if you read Masuta's sheet carefully you'd see that he really just knows the one discipline, but he knows it really, really, well. No my problem is that even if your pre-suppositions are correct, martial arts doesn't work that way. It's not a mathematical equation where whoever has the most wins. Training in multiple disciplines can help you adjust to different situations, but expending the same amount of effort into creating and perfecting your own discipline has its own advantages. Masuta's been training his whole life, which is probably three times longer then Bruce's to begin with, not mentioning the fact that Bruce didn't start Batmaning till his 20's or 30's, so as far as skill and experience, the Batman fan in me can't say he's a superior martial artist and keep a straight face. 

- Batman is faster and more agile. This is totally true, I have no qualms here; this may be the Bat's strongest advantage, and being a detective he'd be foolish not to use this. 

- Masuta's abilities aren't annoyances. If Batman's already been trapped in a gravity attack, it's too late to do anything. If he gets hit once, he may die just from the impact. Supreme strength will send him through a wall. Multiple walls. Multiple walls made of granite. With Supreme body Masuta's can take an RPG to the chest and keep walking. Not mention that he'd just phase through them anyway, and I'm not sure how sonic batarangs would stop him from phasing. If the point is just to distract his focus it would be difficult, because Masuta has an unreal sort of focus. 

-In short this may be an even harder version of Batman vs Bane, because in Masuta you have a Bane who is MUCH stronger, way better trained, can phase through objects, crush people with gravity force, and isn't blinded by rage all the time.        

#10 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yeah let's break this down.

Pyro vs ZombieGirl

Well, first of all the baseball bat could be easily dealt with, imo. Simple incineration reduces it to ashes. The elongation is really cool(seriously) but not much use in a fight. Iron Will and Berserker Rage a little bit better but nothing John couldn't handle. Now the healing, that's his biggest obstacle. He may have to pour on the flame a lot to fry her Kentucky style. I'm sorry, that was terrible, but I couldn't resist.

I don't think Baseball bats just disintegrate when they hit fire, they're not made of tinder. Short of putting it under burning thermite, it's just going to char over a long period of time. If hit with a flamethrower, all you'd get is an on fire baseball bat.*

Also you say that John could handle the Iron will and berserker. How? With Iron Will there's a good chance Becki wouldn't even know or care that she was on fire. Plucky, that one. Throw in the berserker rage and what's to stop her from running right through the flames and punching John through the roof? 

*Edit: I still don't know at what temperature Baseball bats incinerate, but I just remembered that they're in a dojo surrounded by racks of other weapons, so if it were to turn to ash, she might just get another one.  

#11 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

(I kind of rushed this so the quality might be lacking. I'll flesh it out later.)

I think Tengoku and Zombiegirl win this with only a slight amount of difficulty.  While Batman may have 127 blackbelts; quality and quantity are two different things. Tengokus martial arts skills are way above black belt level, I am quite sure his grandsons and some of his students are black belts and they still are nowhere near his level. I am afraid Batman falls in the "Jack of all trades, master of none." category when it comes to martial arts skill when compared to Tengoku. Tengokus Tenno would be enough to incapacitate both Pyro and Batman long enough for Zombiegirl to crush their skulls.

As for Pyro. While his flame manipulation is impressive I doubt he has anything Zombiegirl in berserk mode couldn't shrug off or Tengoku could simply walk through, ignore or dissipate with Tengu Palm. One strike from either would end this fight quickly.   

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't think Baseball bats just disintegrate when they hit fire, they're not made of tinder. Short of putting it under burning thermite, it's just going to char over a long period of time. If hit with a flamethrower, all you'd get is an on fire baseball bat.

Also you say that John could handle the Iron will and berserker. How? With Iron Will there's a good chance Becki wouldn't even know or care that she was on fire. Plucky, that one. Throw in the berserker rage and what's to stop her from running right through the flames and punching John through the roof? 

Mh, that would be problematic. His best bet would probably be evading via flame jets or having one of his fire creations, preferably a dragon, grab it with it's talons, remove her from the battlefield or drop her from some tremendous height. Or somehow firing a stream a fire down her throat and then expanding it's size...could be messy, would have to be lucky to do that though.

Ooh. That would hurt...honestly the more I think about it the more I think I should have gone somewhere else, heh. Too late now though, just got to try.

Would be interested in RPing it out though, if anyone else wants.

#13 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

The only possible way for Bats and Pyro to get out of this fight with even almost a victory is to sneak away in the darkness caused by Tengoku snuffing out all the candles. 

Or maybe if they teamed up right goodly. Batman drops a freeze pellet on Tengoku and Pyro lights him up. Or Bats throws a gas pellet on the floor and Tengoku gets woozy and he's like, "Oh, that won't work on me." And then Pyro lights a spark and everyone is blown through the walls and then Bats and Pyro skitter away.

Actually, no, Bats wouldn't want to work with Pyro. Pyro just got him all glubbed up. Bats would just wait in a corner in the darkness for Pyro to be punished and then he'd speak from the darkness to the other two and clear up the situation.

#14 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think there's some problems with that logic, and for the sake of an interesting debate I'll play devil's advocate

-You state that Batman is a better martial artist because he holds 127 blackbelts and Masuta only holds several. I'll skim over the facts that A. by definition 'several' could imply up to, and more than 127, since several is not a numeric value, just an implication of value over 1, and B, that if you read Masuta's sheet carefully you'd see that he really just knows the one discipline, but he knows it really, really, well. No my problem is that even if your pre-suppositions are correct, martial arts doesn't work that way. It's not a mathematical equation where whoever has the most wins. Training in multiple disciplines can help you adjust to different situations, but expending the same amount of effort into creating and perfecting your own discipline has its own advantages. Masuta's been training his whole life, which is probably three times longer then Bruce's to begin with, not mentioning the fact that Bruce didn't start Batmaning till his 20's or 30's, so as far as skill and experience, the Batman fan in me can't say he's a superior martial artist and keep a straight face. 

- Batman is faster and more agile. This is totally true, I have no qualms here; this may be the Bat's strongest advantage, and being a detective he'd be foolish not to use this. 

- Masuta's abilities aren't annoyances. If Batman's already been trapped in a gravity attack, it's too late to do anything. If he get's hit once, he may die just from the impact. Supreme strength will send him through a wall. Multiple walls. Multiple walls made of granite. With Supreme body Masuta's can take an RPG to the chest and keep walking. Not mention that he'd just phase through them anyway, and I'm not sure how sonic batarangs would stop him from phasing. If the point is just to distract his focus it would be difficult, because Masuta has an unreal sort of focus. 

-In short this may be an even harder version of Batman vs Bane, because in Masuta you have a Bane who is MUCH stronger, way better trained, can phase through objects, crush people with gravity force, and isn't blinded by rage all the time.        

-I'm sorry, but it's simply not true to say that Batman isn't as skilled. He holds his own against Sensie and Karate Kid, he can defidently hold his own martially against Mastuta.

-True

-Annoyances was the wrong word obviously. However, my points are valid. Since Mastuta has an agility of zero, it won't be too late if he gets caught, especially since Batman has reacted fast enough to tag Johnny Quick with sonics. And if his ears are bleeding, Mastuta's concentration is broken.

And people, try not to vote until you hear all the arguments.

Alternatly, what Pseudo said.

#15 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

And if his ears are bleeding, Mastuta's concentration is broken.

You don't seem to understand who Tengoku is.

#16 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

My "teammate" doesn't want to help me.

Yeah, now I'm screwed.

#17 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

You don't seem to understand who Tengoku is.

? He is a very strong, durable, extremely skilled, normal human (according to his origination) And from reading his profile I see nothing to suggest that sonic batarangs wouldn't effect him.

#18 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

You could write it that way. But I reckon somewhere between Supreme Body, and Combat Supremacy he'd pull out the IronWIll-esque power to bull through it

#19 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Wow, I didn't expect such a stomp. I'd say Batman's intelligence and ability to think on the fly should count for something. He's leagues smarter than both combatants. Anyway, be ready. When these matches are over, you guys are going to be RPing the results. Plus, votes determine the outcome, damage, whatnot.

#20 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Masuta has phasing on a standard level for a couple of minutes so literally any attack would just go right through him and not harm him. The sonic batrang first has to hit a target to go off first and create that high pitched sound. Masuta has plenty of ways to counter that so if that's your arguement for Batman winning that's definitely not enough. In H2H Batman would lose since Masuta has Martial Arts on a Superior level and Combat Supremacy at a Supreme level. Masuta in DC would be one of those Martial Artists on a Lady Shiva level who Batman would struggle to beat.

Next he has Gravity at a superior level and this is the ability that keeps the sonic batrang from reaching Masuta. Masuta could use his gravity ability to send the sonic batrang and any of Batman's equipment being thrown at him right back at Batman. He can send multiply objects flying back at Batman and Pyro. So Batman and Pyro would have a hard time with there attacks. With enough control and power Masuta can do this with his Gravity at a superior level.

Batman loses here. Pyro is really his only shot at surviving here. Batman's intelligence doesn't help here since he doesn't know the abilities and skills of either opponent. Funny thing is I didn't even get to his physical abilities like strength and stuff for Masuta.

Then you have good ole Zombiegirl...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FPL vs. CBUB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users