• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

After reading potterpuppetpals' rumble Gotham Galore I thought it would be a good idea for some of the FPL guys to make a fic or seperate fics based on treachs RP Khazan Falling before or after the fpl comes back up. Being a n00b I know my opinions/ideas have little clout but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this idea.

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I haven't been keeping up with what's going on in Khazan Falling, but I feel the idea is good. I might just go through it and see if anything comes to mind.

Of course, I'm hoping to find time to write something for the CBUB April tourney, so if I do anything this week that's gonna be it.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'd just wait till the monthly challenges start to scratch your fpl fic itch. Khazan Falling isn't canon because they meet fictional characters, and could possibly get killed off. Not to mention that nobody save Treach actually has a lot of the facts about what is going on yet, so you couldn't really write a real story without worrying about contradicting what is happening in the RP. The first match won't even end till next week and the FPL will be up by then.  

#4 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

This ^

#5 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

If you do make an FPL fic then it should probably be about what goes on when all the characters have left.

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

If you want to make an FPL Fic, make it about whoever you want, whenever you want.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

If you want to make an FPL Fic, make it about whoever you want, whenever you want.

Except that this RP is not (for the third time) FPL continuity and I don't want it on the FPL boards getting confused as such.  If you do want to write some fics for this, Please just stamp (NON-CONTINUITY) at the top.  Also label it KHAZAN FALLING.  i know you guys are like, hey just do what you want, but no.  I don't want this in FPL continuity and I don't think I've said that enough.  Long as you distiguish, I'm cool.

#8 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Except that this RP is not (for the third time) FPL continuity and I don't want it on the FPL boards getting confused as such.  If you do want to write some fics for this, Please just stamp (NON-CONTINUITY) at the top.  Also label it KHAZAN FALLING.  i know you guys are like, hey just do what you want, but no.  I don't want this in FPL continuity and I don't think I've said that enough.  Long as you distiguish, I'm cool.

I know it isn't canon; what I was thinking was that we could treat the Khazan Falling fics as a separate universe. The main continuity would be like Marvel Earth 616 (main universe) and Khazan Falling would treated like Earth 296 (Age Of Apocalypse). The only problem I can see is the chance of our fics interfering with your (treach) plans for the rp.

#9 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's not like we've exhausted all the possibilities of the current Universe so we have to create a new one. There are an infinite number of types of original stories you could write for Khazan that don't require you to try and write a story where you only have a handful of facts about the plot, and then force you to slap 'non-continuity' on it anyway.

Khazan Falling is fun and the premise is neat, but if you have the opportunity to write something that's either canon or non-canon, why wouldn't you choose a canon option? And even if you wanted to do something non-canon, why not make it an original idea in a crazy reality, where you'd know what all the facts are and wouldn't have to hope to be proven wrong in the end?

I'm not sure what kind of story you could write for KF either. Gotham Galore is only sort of tangentally related to Khazan falling, in that everyone stands around saying "Where's Batman? Where's Batman? Have YOU seen Batman?" and then Nightwing fights X number of joker thugs, and two face calls someone dipshit, because he's still in middle school apparently. It's just sort of a normal match of nightwing vs some guys, with references to Khazan Falling thrown in. And I'm not trying to disparage PPP for that, because with the information he had at the time that was as close as he could get to writing a KF fic without crossing the line  where he might contradict the future plotline of the RP.   

I'd just write something original if I were you, or wait till monthly match tourney stuff starts up. That's just a suggestion but it seems a lot easier to me. 

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

This too ^

#11 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

It's not like we've exhausted all the possibilities of the current Universe so we have to create a new one. There are an infinite number of types of original stories you could write for Khazan that don't require you to try and write a story where you only have a handful of facts about the plot, and then force you to slap 'non-continuity' on it anyway.

Khazan Falling is fun and the premise is neat, but if you have the opportunity to write something that's either canon or non-canon, why wouldn't you choose a canon option? And even if you wanted to do something non-canon, why not make it an original idea in a crazy reality, where you'd know what all the facts are and wouldn't have to hope to be proven wrong in the end?

I'm not sure what kind of story you could write for KF either. Gotham Galore is only sort of tangentally related to Khazan falling, in that everyone stands around saying "Where's Batman? Where's Batman? Have YOU seen Batman?" and then Nightwing fights X number of joker thugs, and two face calls someone dipshit, because he's still in middle school apparently. It's just sort of a normal match of nightwing vs some guys, with references to Khazan Falling thrown in. And I'm not trying to disparage PPP for that, because with the information he had at the time that was as close as he could get to writing a KF fic without crossing the line  where he might contradict the future plotline of the RP.   

I'd just write something original if I were you, or wait till monthly match tourney stuff starts up. That's just a suggestion but it seems a lot easier to me. 

Well I've added to the story now to include how the DCU ultimately gets destroyed, and also a little subplot about how the Joker gets recruited to the New Alliance. I'm still kind of new to all this RP stuff 'n stuff, so plz 4giv. I think Two-Face would call someone dipshit considering his dialogue in Arkham City. Let me quote:

"Let's kill the goddamn cat-bitch ya pice of crap. Let's kill the goddamn bat-freak ya son of a bitch!"

Plus, he thinks the moon is a coin. Go figure. <_<

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Khazan Falling, FPL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users