FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

APRIL 2013

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Ruinus.

The Deadline

April 1 - April 15 2013

The Challenge/Rules

It is the April Fools Challenge.

Select One and only One character from the Pop Culture category.  

Select One and only One character from the Horror category.

Create a Match.  The judges will look for gruesomely funny entries.

The April Challenge Grand Prize

This month's challenge has three possible prizes:

Prize #1: for participants who enter a Match in the tournament (Not Judges) there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #2: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the April tournament that participant will receive one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #3: for the April tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.

Prize Eligibility for the Two Random Prize Drawings:

To be eligible for the two Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:

• You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this April Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge and have your name listed in the Tournament Participation History thread.
  • You must enter the April Tournament with a Match or be an official April Tournament Judge.
  • You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.
  • The Tournament winner will not be eligible to have his or her name in the hat for the Participation Prize

Prize Eligibility for the One Tournament Winner's Prize:

To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:

•     You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the April tournament
  •     You must enter the April Tournament with a Match
  •     You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you
  •     Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges

The one Tournament Winner's Prize and the two Random Draw prizes will occur after the deadline date and after the April Results thread is posted (whenever the Judges get around to it) in which their Challenge Winner is selected.

These three prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!

Thanks!

#2 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

BTW who else wants to judge? Nova has offered to judge again, anyone else want in on this?

#3 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I will be a judge

#4 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I've never been a judge before for a monthly competition, so I may need instructions on how to be an Official Competition Judge

#5 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've never been a judge before for a monthly competition, so I may need instructions on how to be an Official Competition Judge

From a former judge, there's really nothing to it Boratz. Just stick to a 1-5 scale 1 being lowest, 5 being highest, and give your honest thoughts and opinions on the works.

#6 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

As Z451 already mentioned, you just grade them on your gut feeling on a scale of 1 to 5. Some of the judges use some criteria (grammar, pacing, etc) but I just rate it on an enjoyment scale.

#7 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Who do I send the results  to

As Z451 already mentioned, you just grade them on your gut feeling on a scale of 1 to 5. Some of the judges use some criteria (grammar, pacing, etc) but I just rate it on an enjoyment scale.

#8 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Who do I send the results  to

There will be a private convo over PM to submit the scores.  Just PM Ruinus if you have any questions, so as not to hijack this thread.  Thanks!

#9 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Will the deadline for this be affected by the site maintenance? 

#10 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

If Fox decides to take down the site for maintenance the deadline will be extended by however many days the site is down...

Though I've got no clue why the site being up or not matters if you are writing this on a word document before uploading it.

#11 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Though I've got no clue why the site being up or not matters if you are writing this on a word document before uploading it.

Because some people may or may not have seen the challenge before it was taken down

#12 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Entered with this http://www.electricf...ueger/?p=423120

Tried to enter some photos as well but they seem to be not enabled  or so the message kept saying. Might just be my computer as well more then the site itself perhaps? 

#13 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Aw shoot! I was about to use Stan Lee but someone beat me to the punch apperently

#14 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

One week left. As it stands now, sithsson would win by default. :D

#15 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Stop the presses! Heres my challenge!

http://www.electricf...n-lee/?p=423819

#16 JohnnyChany

JohnnyChany

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

I am determined to get an entry in this month. I just need to peruse the horror and pop culture databases for the right combination.

#17 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

I am going to laugh so hard if it's just 3 entries.

#18 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I am going to laugh so hard if it's just 3 entries.

That is the point of the competition to begin with. ;)

But..., you might find something coming from someone else... someone on the Facebook group in particular told me that in a private message.

#19 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Duh-did-da, Duh-duh-dida-da

Dun-duh-did-da, Duh-dida-da

DUH DIDADA DIDADA!

Do-do-do...

Do-do-do...

http://www.electricf...rhees/?p=424071

My entry and my attempt at acapella texting.

#20 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://www.electricf...raves/?p=424190

Here's my entry enjoy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users