#21 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Again... sure. But God can send visions to people, split the ocean, make tornadoes out of fires, make balls of ice on fire fall out of the sky, etc etc.... yet we are supposed to believe that he couldnt' slip in "Oh, by the way, I'm really just an advanced man from another world-similar to how a modern sword is a much more advanced sharp rock." in there at all? Or straight up give a vision to John, Mark, Judas, etc that lets them understand "Oh, this isn't magic, it's really advanced tools!" or anything.

The problem I have with reading aliens into the Bible is that it relies on the Bible, which is alot of metaphor, to make a new metaphor.

True, true.  The way I see it, the original version has been re-translated so many times that who knows if the King James one is word for word original, or some texts got lost in translation.  Or God is a dick that just likes watching us go crazy about what is true and what isn't.  Who knows, maybe we are nothing but an ant farm on some inter dimensional beings' desk.  After all, we can't see the next dimension.

#22 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

True, true.  The way I see it, the original version has been re-translated so many times that who knows if the King James one is word for word original, or some texts got lost in translation.  Or God is a dick that just likes watching us go crazy about what is true and what isn't.  Who knows, maybe we are nothing but an ant farm on some inter dimensional beings' desk.  After all, we can't see the next dimension.

Go to 27:40 in the video. The video you linked is basically talking about this, from the Edwin Abbot novel Flatland.

#23 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Honestly, if it were true, the military would never let that man be in public. He would remain on the base in super top secret files until he died.

not realy sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight plenty of people from the military have made claims like this.

the main thing is they know people will just write this guy off as a nut case and not take anything he says seriously just like all the others however some of those men that made those claims have died from mystreious ways.

#24 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

I always thought it was funny a lot of people refuse to believe there might be other races or beings in space. We don't know how big space is nor what really existed on the other planets. I do think aliens might have come here at least once or twice. Though I don't think they stayed on our planet. LOL why would they? 

#25 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

No shit.  That was already mentioned.

While I understand being the intellectual dick head gives you jollies, you should probably read other people's posts before you try to look superior.  If you have nothing to contribute other than fueling your weak ass insecurities, please *vulgarity* off or grow up.  Which ever comes sooner.

Ignoring all of the needless namecalling and profanity, why bring it up anyway when the solution is so painfully obvious? People back then had imaginations too.

Also, what does sand forming patterns when exposed to vibrations have to do with anything at all?

#26 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Also, what does sand forming patterns when exposed to vibrations have to do with anything at all?

It was to show how sound vibrations can create symmetrical shapes and patterns.  The universe was created by the word of God, and some people see that as "word=vibrations".

#27 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Ignoring all of the needless namecalling and profanity, why bring it up anyway when the solution is so painfully obvious? People back then had imaginations too.

Oh my God, I love this new force_echo.

#28 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

"God's voice" could have caused the initial disturbance in the perfect density dust cloud that made up the universe, causing it to coalesce around higher density particles and form planets and solar systems and galaxies and the like. There's no evidence for it, but at least it's plausible. Someone connecting sand patterns to the origins of the Universe- less so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users