#2 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

I believe that this man was a test subject for the military.... LSD tester....

#3 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Nonsense.

#4 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

I believe that this man was a test subject for the military.... LSD tester....

Ha, he'd be on of the many.

#5 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Honestly, if it were true, the military would never let that man be in public. He would remain on the base in super top secret files until he died.

#6 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing, but with this man's credentials, why throw it all away to look like a loon on TV?

#7 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

To see how many people are really gullible?

#8 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing, but with this man's credentials, why throw it all away to look like a loon on TV?

Alot of people who have credentials do something stupid to throw it all out. Teachers who sleep with students, psychiatrists who sleep with patients (in fact this is the leading cause for loss of those credentials), highly paid business men who are involved in illegal scams.

#9 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Alot of people who have credentials do something stupid to throw it all out. Teachers who sleep with students, psychiatrists who sleep with patients (in fact this is the leading cause for loss of those credentials), highly paid business men who are involved in illegal scams.

Good point.  I know recently they discovered a "Super Earth"a planet that is a lot like Earth, but it is twice the size of our Earth.  Personally, I do not think it is impossible that there are advanced life forms that have visited us.  There are ancient native people around the world that speak of "star people" coming down to Earth.  Surely it all can't be bull shit?  I know this topic has been discussed here several times, but it is so damn interesting to me to think that there is life that is equal/more advanced then us.

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

I do believe that there is life out there. How can there not be? It is certainly possible they're more advanced. However, I don't think we've been visited by them. Ancient people speak of "star beings." That's not really compelling proof.

People used to say that the Earth wasn't round. That it was the center of the universe. That the sun orbited the Earth. Et cetera.

#11 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

I do believe that there is life out there. How can there not be? It is certainly possible they're more advanced. However, I don't think we've been visited by them. Ancient people speak of "star beings." That's not really compelling proof.

People used to say that the Earth wasn't round. That it was the center of the universe. That the sun orbited the Earth. Et cetera.

Indeed it is not compelling proof,  but what the hell were these people seeing?  Were they just making up stories?  Assuming that we have souls that live on past our physical bodies, I guess we won't know until we are dead.

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Wild imaginations, hallucinations, mirages, mental instability, drugs, natural phenomena, etc.

Plenty of possibilities, won't know though since they're long dead.

#13 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Modern people have stories about "star beings" too, in fact, an entire genre dedicated to stories about star beings. I guess that proves that aliens have visited us.

#14 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Modern people have stories about "star beings" too, in fact, an entire genre dedicated to stories about star beings. I guess that proves that aliens have visited us.

No shit.  That was already mentioned.

While I understand being the intellectual dick head gives you jollies, you should probably read other people's posts before you try to look superior.  If you have nothing to contribute other than fueling your weak ass insecurities, please fuck off or grow up.  Which ever comes sooner.

Indeed it is not compelling proof,  but what the hell were these people seeing?  Were they just making up stories?  Assuming that we have souls that live on past our physical bodies, I guess we won't know until we are dead.

#15 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Good point.  I know recently they discovered a "Super Earth"a planet that is a lot like Earth, but it is twice the size of our Earth.  Personally, I do not think it is impossible that there are advanced life forms that have visited us.  There are ancient native people around the world that speak of "star people" coming down to Earth.  Surely it all can't be bull shit?  I know this topic has been discussed here several times, but it is so damn interesting to me to think that there is life that is equal/more advanced then us.

I agree that it is interesting to think about other worlds and the beings that may or may not live on them (I once heard of an article that theorized the existence of life made out of plasma), but I doubt they've been visiting Earth in flying discs to mine gold from Earth or whatever those stories are about.

#16 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Another idea is that, while they aren't hallucinating or whatever, they used "star men" as metaphor for perfect beings. They could look up and see the sky at night-therefore they can form ideas about men that come from beautiful places that are stronger, faster, etc than they are. It's the same idea that would, for instance, lead to the creation of sea gods or volcano gods. They see the ocean and therefore reason that some man of untold power must be in charge of it.

#17 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I agree that it is interesting to think about other worlds and the beings that may or may not live on them (I once heard of an article that theorized the existence of life made out of plasma), but I doubt they've been visiting Earth in flying discs to mine gold from Earth or whatever those stories are about.

I think if anything, flying disks are of our origin.  After WW2, an operation known as "Paper Clip" was carried out where the US gathered as much Nazi info they could.  Along with Nazi scientists.  Which makes sense at the time, considering Germany was kicking ass in the fields of science.  They found some blue prints for disk like vehicles.  That was back in the 40's, with how technology is now(look at stealth bombers) I don't think it is impossible to have flying saucers.

Look up the "Wunderwaffe" aka the Bell.  It was Germany's attempt at time travel.

#18 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I think if anything, flying disks are of our origin.  After WW2, an operation known as "Paper Clip" was carried out where the US gathered as much Nazi info they could.  Along with Nazi scientists.  Which makes sense at the time, considering Germany was kicking ass in the fields of science.  They found some blue prints for disk like vehicles.  That was back in the 40's, with how technology is now(look at stealth bombers) I don't think it is impossible to have flying saucers.

Look up the "Wunderwaffe" aka the Bell.  It was Germany's attempt at time travel.

Yeah, I know of those projects, but the thing is that the Nazi's interest in a subject isn't exactly a stellar indication of that subject's feasibility-see their giant rail cannons built into mountains that can't aim in any other direction, their land battlecruisers, etc.

The closest idea of life coming from space that I can buy is panspermia, the idea that organic material was brought to Earth via comets, but that's a far cry from UFOs beaming down whatevers to start life on Earth.

#19 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

The closest idea of life coming from space that I can buy is panspermia, the idea that organic material was brought to Earth via comets, but that's a far cry from UFOs beaming down whatevers to start life on Earth.

I've read some things that the Bible is allegorical to aliens coming to Earth.  Eve was created by Adam thru Adam's rib, which people see that as DNA manipulation.  And in the Bible the "word" of God created everything, which they believe word means sound vibrations.  In this video, the sand forms patterns and shapes through vibrations.

#20 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've read some things that the Bible is allegorical to aliens coming to Earth.  Eve was created by Adam thru Adam's rib, which people see that as DNA manipulation.  And in the Bible the "word" of God created everything, which they believe word means sound vibrations.  In this video, the sand forms patterns and shapes through vibrations.

Again... sure. But God can send visions to people, split the ocean, make tornadoes out of fires, make balls of ice on fire fall out of the sky, etc etc.... yet we are supposed to believe that he couldnt' slip in "Oh, by the way, I'm really just an advanced man from another world-similar to how a modern sword is a much more advanced sharp rock." in there at all? Or straight up give a vision to John, Mark, Judas, etc that lets them understand "Oh, this isn't magic, it's really advanced tools!" or anything.

The problem I have with reading aliens into the Bible is that it relies on the Bible, which is alot of metaphor, to make a new metaphor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users