• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

So the March Challenge is over and we've got your scores in much faster than we used too. Seriously one week after the challenge is over and the scores are in is Speedy Gonzales-type shit for us.

So, in third place we have Dark Spider-man's entry: Spider-Man vs. Mary Jane Watson-Parker vs. Spider-Girl!

In second place we've got Shockwave's entry: Princess Luna vs Princess Celestia!

And in first place we've got someone who is pretty used to being at the top, Boratz with Jack Bauer vs. Philip (The Governor)!

Fuck yeah, give them all a round of applause!

As usual the winner will have their match put up in the CBUB Hall of Fame and the Tournament Participation threads.

Here are the following full scores of everyone.

Boratz                     5.0
Shockwave             4.8
Dark Spider man    4.7
Corvette1710          4.5
KibaxHinata             3.5
MercenaryBlade      3.3
xLegacyx                 3.2
Leroypowell3           2.8
sithisson                  2.7
Incredible Hulk         2.2

Now all that's needed to wrap it up is FoxFinger's prize handout thing, so wait around for that.

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Note that those are the overall scores.

My individual scores:

xLegacyx: The Outsiders vs The Justice League: 3/5

It was pretty good and fit the challenge but I don't think it necessarily captured the characters well. Luthor has been President before/run for it a few times, in Superman/Batman, the Justice League cartoon and such. Supes was against Lex most of them, which is why I didn't grade higher. All in all, a good story.

sithisson: The Lone Gunman vs Mulder and Scully: 2.5/5

Decent story but I'm not really familiar with the X-Files. Also not that many errors but I still feel that this story would have benefited from more proofreading. The colors are a nice touch to keep it visually interesting but when one of the things you like most about the story is pretty colors, it could use some polishing.

KibaxHinata: America and China vs Britain and Russia: 4/5

I'm even less familiar with these than X-Files. However, the story had good punctuation and structure and didn't take itself so seriously and on top of that, it was funny. Favorite story read so far.

Dark Spider-Man: Spidey vs MJ vs Spider-Girl: 5/5

Characters I am familiar with. Yes. Very well written, an error here and there but it's negligible. The characters were pretty spot on and the theme clearly resonates with the match. Good job.

Boratz: Jack Bauer vs Philip: 5/5

What can I say? It is Boratz. Guy's a trooper, consistently doing great. The CBUB champion right now(not a champ, THE champ. Twice!) Damn good job.

leroypowell3: Roy Fokker vs Steven Hiller: 2/5

I know Hiller but not Roy. The formatting was a bit off-putting and I think a little more action inter-spaced between all the dialogue would have improved the quality. Also, Hiller seems pretty out of character here. When I watched the movie, he doesn't seem the type to pull this kind of stunt...unless maybe that's the point? That he went through serious trauma and cracked under the pressure? Eh...still. Could have been better.

Mercenaryblade: Ezio vs Jadis: 3.5/5

It was well written, no particularly glaring errors. I am only passingly familiar with the characters but it seems on the mark. Overall, a good story.

Corvette1710: Vaas vs Lara: 4.5/5

A very good contender here, one of my favorites here. Unforunately I can't grade higher because of character unfamiliarity. Still very well written. Good job padawan.

Shockwave: Luna vs Celestia: 4.5/5

Well I'm not a brony, but I can still appreciate a very good story. Well spaced out, good punctuation, plus promises of images and ending helps. So in conclusion, nice job.

IncredibleHulk: Avengers vs Cap: 2.5/5

Decently written. Somewhat cliche but still an okay match. Short and sweet.

#3 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I want thank all the judges and I want to thank all the participants! I saw some really great entries! I really want to say congrats to Shockwave and Dark Spider-Man; both of you had really amazing stories! Everyone had some pretty awesome stories!

I also think it is time for me to call it quites, at least for monthly challenges (unless there is a topic that excites me but I'll do my best to hold back.) I feel like it's time for me to just be a judge.

Thank you once again

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

What can I say? It is Boratz. Guy's a trooper, consistently doing great. The CBUB champion right now(not a champ, THE champ. Twice!) Damn good job.

Actually, Boratz has now won it thrice.  *grumble, grumble* <_< 

:P 

But seriously, congrats once again, Boratz. Your match was indeed very nice. This may just be CBUB's equivalent of a hat trick! :D

#5 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The best of the best, currently. If not in writing, then certainly in effort.

#6 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

NOOOO!  .2 POINTS!  AAAHHHHH!

If only I had gotten it done 10 days sooner!

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

MARCH Prizes!

This month there are three Prizes.

The winner of Challenge Prize:

The winner of this Month's challenge is Boratz! Congratulations, you have won a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Instructions on how to claim your prize will be PM'd to you.

The Random Drawing for Judges:

In the hat, four names: Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych, Nova Force Nova ... random drawing occurs...

The winner of this Month's Judges participation prize is Ruinus! Congratulations, you have won a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Instructions on how to claim your prize will be PM'd to you.

The Random Drawing for Participants:

Per the rules of the participation prize, you must have participated in at least one other Challenge before this MARCH one to be eligible.

In the hat, seven names: xLEGACYx, Leroypowell3, Boratz, Shockwave, Corvette1710, KibaxHinata, MercenaryBlade

The winner of this Month's Challenge participation prize is MercenaryBlade! Congratulations, you have won a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Instructions on how to claim your prize will be PM'd to you.

(If this was your first participation you will be eligible next time you participate).

Thanks all and see you next month

#8 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Boratz judging?

Sweeet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic