• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

There are four glitch Characters....

Samson And Goliath: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9028

Thanagarians: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9027

Toa: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9026

Masque: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9025

These characters where added yesterday, and for some reason their Battle Image and Bio from Wikipedia isn’t showing on them. It might have something to do with the site being move to a new server yesterday. If you click on Masque, you can see his Battle Image, but its not showing on the character pages. Also, when I look at Masque on my PS3, his Battle Image isn’t showing.

I think these characters should be delete and re-added.

Also, if anyone added images to characters yesterday, then you may what to look at the images to see if they are working.

#42 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

There are four glitch Characters....

Samson And Goliath: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9028

Thanagarians: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9027

Toa: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9026

Masque: http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=9025

These characters where added yesterday, and for some reason their Battle Image and Bio from Wikipedia isn’t showing on them. It might have something to do with the site being move to a new server yesterday. If you click on Masque, you can see his Battle Image, but its not showing on the character pages. Also, when I look at Masque on my PS3, his Battle Image isn’t showing.

I think these characters should be delete and re-added.

Also, if anyone added images to characters yesterday, then you may what to look at the images to see if they are working.

Hmm... you know what we could do Venom, we could wait until Fox is done with his updates, and then just replace the images ourselves, that oughta fix it.

#43 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hmm... you know what we could do Venom, we could wait until Fox is done with his updates, and then just replace the images ourselves, that oughta fix it.

I guess you're right.

Also, I notices that the information from Wikipedia isn’t showing on some of the new characters again.

#44 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I added the Toa character page so i could re add it or whatever needs to be done depending on what you guys decide to do.

Oh I can see the battle image fine on the character page for Toa so that probably won't need to be deleted. The wiki info for it will show once Fox fixes whatever bug is causing it not to show

#45 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Just so it's known, I've recently re-added the following characters: 

Scarecrow (Oz)

Kremzeek

Linus van Pelt  

#46 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't know if you noticed this one Dskilz but I doubt that animated Ultra Magnus is a good battle pick for that character.

#47 ScrewAttackFan25

ScrewAttackFan25

SPOOOON!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Clark Kent (Smallville): Comic section, move to Sci-Fi section.
Green Lantern: Comic section, change name to Kyle Rayner.
Justice Guild of America: Comic section, move to cartoon section.
Phil Coulson: Comic section, move to movie section.
Power Man & Iron Fist: Comic Section, Not the type of people to always be a duo unlike other duos.
Shebang: Comic section, move to cartoon section.
Tantrum (Static Shock): Comic Section, move to cartoon section.
The Burglar: Comic section, just needs to be deleted. It's just a burglar. Nothing special.
The Flash: Comic section, Put "(Wally West)" after or before "The Flash".
Any Pokemon that are in the anime section should be moved to the videogame section.
Cherion Archer: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
Diana Caprice: Anime Section, should be moved to the videogame section (Honest Mistake).
Flower Division: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
Gemini Sunrise: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
General M. Bison: Anime section, should be moved to the video game section.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: Anime section, should be moved to T.V. section.
Ratchet Altair: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
Rosarita Aries: Anime section, should me moved to videogame section (honest mistake).
Shinjiro Taiga: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
New York Combat Revue: Anime section, should be moved to the videogame section (honest mistake).
Asterix: Toons section, should be moved to comics section.
Asterix and Obelix: Toons section, should be moved to comics section.
Beetle Bailey: Toons section, should be moved to comics section.
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Bill the Cat: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Black Dynamite: Toons section, he is a movie character. Maybe if he were to have "(Animated series)" beside it it would make sense to some people. If that cannot happen, it should be deleted.
Calvin: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Calvin and Hobbes: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Captain Haddock: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Charlie Brown: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Dagwood Bumstead: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Dennis Mitchell: Toons, should be moved to comic section.
Dilbert: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Dogbert: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Dogmatix: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Duckman: Toons section, should be moved to comc section.
Garfield: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Heathcliff: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Huey and Riley Freeman: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Jason Fox: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Josie and the Pussycats: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Linus van Pelt: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Lucy van Pelt: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Mafalda: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Obelix: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Odie: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Olive Oil: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Popeye: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Professor Calculus:  Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Snoopy: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Snowy: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Spaceman Spiff: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Stupendous Man: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
The Great Cornholio: Toons section, should be removed. It's just Beavis on a suger high.
Tintin: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Veronica: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Waldo: Toons section, should be moved to comic section.
Any The Walking Dead characters should be moved to comic section.
Jean-Claude: Horror section, should be moved to comic section. If it's from a comic, it's should be in the comic section.
Vampires (30 Days of Night): Horror section, should be moved to the comic section.
Agent L: Sci-Fi section, should be moved to Toons section.
Big Bad Beetle Borgs: Sci-Fi section, should be moved to Fantasy section. They got their powers from a magic wish, as opposed to most of the Power Rangers that got their powers from alien technology.
Doctor Who: Sci-Fi section, has to be deleted. Doctor Who is not a character but the name of the show the Doctor is from.
Elijah Price: Sci-Fi section, he should be moved to the Pop Culture section.
Indiana Jones: Sci-Fi section, should be moved to the Pop Culture section.
Any Heroes characters should be moved to the Fantasy section.
Robots: Sci-Fi section, put in "(iROBOT)" after or before the word "Robot" so people would know were these robots are from.
Taarna: Sci-Fi section, should be moved to Toons section.
Test Character Zero: Sci-Fi section, I already said why he should be removed: we are getting more and more characters so we don't need him any more.
Minsc: Fantasy section, should be moved to the videogame section.
Mowgli: Fantasy section, should be moved to the Toons section.
Peter Pan: Fantasy section, should be moved to the Toons section. This version anyway.
The Order of the Stick: Fantasy section, should be moved to the comics section.
Victor Von Gerdenheim: Fantasy section, should be moved to the videogame section.
Axe Cop: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Bill & Ted: Pop Culture section, should be moved to Sci-Fi.
Captain Underpants: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Crash Bandicoot: Pop Culture section, should be moved to videogame section.
Cybermen: Pop Culture section section, should be moved to Sci-Fi.
John Rambo: Fantasy section, should be moved to Pop Culture.
Dragonzord: Pop Culture section, should be moved to Sci-Fi section.
Extreme Ghost Busters: Pop Culture section, should be moved to Toons section.
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Hippies: Pop Culture section, remove. What are they gonna do? Give weed to Superman? At least Gamers and Hackers can do something!
Hobbes: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Justin Stewart: Pop Culture section, should be moved to Sci-Fi.
Leo and Aeris, the VGcats: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Li'l Abner: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Linkara: Pop Culture section, remove him. He cannot do anything. Nothing that can help him in either wit, comedy, brawn, or even comic book knowledge or anything else for that matter.
Tohya Miho: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Piro & Largo: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Tycho & Gabe: Pop Culture section, should be moved to comic section.
Any Red vs Blue characters should be moved to the Pop Culture section.
Leeroy Jenkins: Videogame section, should be moved to Pop Culture section.
Predalien: Videogame section, should be moved to Sci-Fi.
Rampage: Videogame section, remove. Seriously, rampage....what? Rampage universe? Rampage team? Rampage what!!?

This list is just me though.

#48 ScrewAttackFan25

ScrewAttackFan25

SPOOOON!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Another thing, Shazam is supposed to be named Captain Marvel. Too confusing for the Marvel version of Captain Marvel and Mar-Vell? Then put in (DC) or (Billy Batson) at the end of it.

#49 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

It's good that you're trying to weed out the potentially flawed profiles, ScrewAttackFan, but I think you missed some things in my original post here.

-First off, as mentioned in the past, profiles cannot be edited or relocated once they're accepted, only deleted.

-Second, if profiles are deleted, we're mainly trying to delete those flawed profiles that have no visible win-loss records. Deleting a profile with a record will affect some users' F.P.A's. 

Also, while the list is spot-on in many places and would be good to look through to see what could potentially be corrected, it's a bit flawed for several reasons. From a glance, the need for some of those profiles to be corrected are debatable at best. For example, I think some Pokemon characters did actually originate from the animes/mangas and not from the games.  Some don't really need fixing at all (i.e., Mowgli starred in a series of Rudyard Kipling novels long before The Jungle Book was made into animated films, and in fact, The Jungle Book itself has more live-action adaptations than animated ones). And finally, I think this list was copy/pasta'd from another topic, because some of those (i.e. Linus van Pelt and Beetle Bailey) have already been taken care of. 

#50 ScrewAttackFan25

ScrewAttackFan25

SPOOOON!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

...we're mainly trying to delete those flawed profiles that have no visible win-loss records. Deleting a profile with a record will affect some users' F.P.A's.

So does that mean that your deleting characters that have not been used at all? I understand why, but there are people on the site or people wanting to sign up here that are still trying to think of a match for those certain characters.

... I think this list was copy/pasta'd from another topic,

Yeah my bad. I had no ide that some of these characters were even taken care of. Maybe I should edit the list so it would be clear to people wich ones I think should be deleted or researched into a different catagory?

#51 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

So does that mean that your deleting characters that have not been used at all? I understand why, but there are people on the site or people wanting to sign up here that are still trying to think of a match for those certain characters.

Oh yes, any profile that gets deleted here can be re-added if it fits the site's criteria for database characters. Check through this very topic and you'll see that some have already been re-added. The name of the topic is "CBUB Characters That Need To Be Deleted/Re-added, etc....", after all.

Yeah my bad. I had no ide that some of these characters were even taken care of. Maybe I should edit the list so it would be clear to people wich ones I think should be deleted or researched into a different catagory?

If you're up for it, that would be nice. It may be a bit before the reviewers can look through all those characters either way, though. 

#52 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

The following characters were deleted and have since been re-added. 

Scourge (Transformers)

Metroplex
President James Marshall
Heckle and Jeckle
Mrs. Brisby/Frisby
T.O.M.
Beetle Bailey  

These may be among the last deletions and re-adds for a bit. There may be some changes coming down the pike that will make cleaning up the database easier.

#53 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Probably best not to do anymore deleting and re-adding.   Going to be putting some character editing tools in for admins.

Thanks!

#54 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Probably best not to do anymore deleting and re-adding.   Going to be putting some character editing tools in for admins.

Thanks!

Not to worry, Fox. Those characters were actually deleted weeks to months ago. I've just been re-adding those that were already deleted. I'll just re-add one more previously-deleted character tomorrow.

#55 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

The Fallen has been re-added. 

With changes coming in the near future, I might soon delete this topic and start a new one regarding character edits.

#56 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

I don't know if you noticed this one Dskilz but I doubt that animated Ultra Magnus is a good battle pick for that character.

Way late getting to this, but better late than never. Yeah, Animated's Magnus could be considered kind of outdated for the profile (in more ways than one, heh), so I went ahead and put a new battle image in.

I think many would approve. ;)

http://www.electricf...s/show?cid=3373

#57 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just tried to re-add Kairi Tanaga. I hadn't realized she'd been deleted till I tried to do a rumble with her.

#58 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just saying this for reference, Wonder Woman will be deleted as one of it's links leads to a porn site.

Sorry folks. But I, in all decency can't allow that content here. Hope you understand.

#59 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'd love to have been consulted/seen the supposed porn link before you went ahead and deleted it. Seems like the type of thing you should talk to the rest of us about before doing. :mellow:

#60 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Heh, I think AVP just wanted to see the porn site. :P 

This messes with some people win-loss records, but in so many ways that's a moot point now. With possibly two weeks left, though, some might still want to put Wondy in match, so she'll need to be re-added. Shouldn't be hard at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users