• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's not much of a secret to CBUB vets that the CBUB character database is a bit of a mess. There are some character profiles that are duplicates or near-duplicates of other profiles, have bad battle images, bad or dead links, misspelled names, have been added in the wrong categories, or other issues. Any problems with character profiles cannot be corrected once they've been added, so the only course of action would be to delete the entire profile, and, if need be, re-add the profile with the proper corrections made. 

I'm not really going to do a clean sweep of the databases as admins of the past have done (partially because I'm still learning the ins and outs of Admin Magiks© at the moment). Also, at this time, we'd only be looking to delete profiles that have no matches on record (a 0-0 win-loss record), as deleting profiles with any wins or losses on record would affect the F.P.A.'s of any member that's used said profiles. 

So, if anyone sees a problem with a character profile (without a win-loss record), feel free to post it here with a link to said profile so our CBUB Character Admins (the guys in green that review character submissions to be added as profiles) can look it over and, if necessary, delete it so it could possibly be re-added. 

#2 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

When I added Alastor Moody from Harry Potter, I added him accidentally as Alister Moody.

EDIT: I may have spelled it incorrectly again. >.>

#3 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Do you mind if we also post battle images we think should be changed as long we provide a good replacement picture that is already the right size (200x200 pixels) ?

#4 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Do you mind if we also post battle images we think should be changed as long we provide a good replacement picture that is already the right size (200x200 pixels) ?

Seperate thread for that, but meh. WTH?

#5 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

ignore

#6 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Seperate thread for that, but meh. WTH?

Ok sorry. Didn't realize something else

#7 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Just to let everyone know, I notices that the information from Wikipedia isn’t showing up for the New Characters. It usually takes a day for the Wikipedia Information to show up on a character, but it’s been more then one day for most of the new characters.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Alright, for the sake of helping clean things up (and in my never-ending quest for Toons to catch up with Anime in the databases! Bwahaha!), I'm going to help get this ball rolling. It's not necessarily up to the reviewers to do the research themselves to re-add them; the other members can do that. Here are some profiles just ripe for deletion: 

Jetfire

Kremzeek

Metroplex

Scourge

Spike Witwicky

The Fallen

TOM (sorry, Z) 

These characters have been added to the Anime category when they should've really been added to Toons (except for The Fallen; even after reading through its links, I'm still not sure where he should be, but it's pretty certain anime ain't it) 

EDIT: I've scratched out the profiles that have been removed. 

#9 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

This one is more due to lack of offical spelling when originally uploaded, but Juha Bach's name is pronounced/spell Yhwach according to Viz (using offical tanslations). Think that makes him candidate for deletion and reupload?

http://www.electricf...s/show?cid=8024

#10 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Wait we're deleting characters that haven't been used?

Thought we were deleting dupes.

-Rakai'Thwei

#11 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Wait we're deleting characters that haven't been used?

Thought we were deleting dupes.

Deleting characters with any issues (with dupes being one of those issues) is the main focus, but we're also only trying to delete those faulty profiles that haven't been used yet.

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Deleting characters with any issues (with dupes being one of those issues) is the main focus, but we're also only trying to delete those faulty profiles that haven't been used yet.

If I may make a request... Please don't touch any of the ones I've added to the database, please.

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

If I may make a request... Please don't touch any of the ones I've added to the database, please.

-Rakai'Thwei

Eh, I don't think reviewers are actively looking through the databases for characters to delete, so unless they're mentioned here, odds are they probably won't be deleted. 

Was anything wrong with some character adds of yours? 

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Eh, I don't think reviewers are actively looking through the databases for characters to delete, so unless they're mentioned here, odds are they probably won't be deleted. 

Was anything wrong with some character adds of yours? 

Aside from dead links which at the time during their addition to the database (we're talking from 2009) were active, I don't think there is anything really wrong with many of the character profiles that I have added.

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

I guess it's up to the other reviewers, then. I don't have reviewer powers as of right now myself (that's still being worked out).

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

I guess it's up to the other reviewers, then.

*vulgarity*, well... that's what I'm worried about.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
    Superhumans.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Fuck, well... that's what I'm worried about.

-Rakai'Thwei

Relax Rakai, like that All State saying "You're in Good Hands".
-And D, I'll get right on that.--

#18 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 2,232 posts
    Superhumans.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

This one is more due to lack of offical spelling when originally uploaded, but Juha Bach's name is pronounced/spell Yhwach according to Viz (using offical tanslations). Think that makes him candidate for deletion and reupload?

http://www.electricf...s/show?cid=8024

Nope, that character is actually fine. In fact if you look at Tien Shinhen's profile in the database, you'll find a smilar scenario, and the fact is, as long as it has one of the offical spellings,  either original or English translation it ought to be fine.

#19 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

When I added Alastor Moody from Harry Potter, I added him accidentally as Alister Moody.

EDIT: I may have spelled it incorrectly again. >.>

Eh, he's been used in a match: 

http://www.electricf...oody/?p=341396 

Still not sure why that one wasn't scratched. Somehow, though, I doubt that Andrew would care if the records for one of his matches were erased. 

#20 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I now have a new crusade.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users