71 replies to this topic

#61 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Slag is still wrestling with the squirming hobbit when she feels the tap of The Broker's cane at her shoulder. His expression is something between a smirk and a grimace.

“I believe now may be the time to let him go,” he says, “for while it was certainly entertaining for everyone here, it seems we no longer have the time to deal with him. Also you look ridiculous.”

Slag grunts in response, and then lets go. The pitter-patter of tiny, furry, feet scatter across the floor. Slag straightens any parts of her ensemble that may have gotten pushed out of place during the scuffle. She checks her jeans and finds a tiny cut above her knee. Molten ore is already bleeding out and singeing the denim.

“Dammit, not again…”

She looks down and finds the cause of the cut, a long and impeccably sharp knife. She picks it up and examines it.

“The little rat must have stolen it. I can’t get wait to go home, away from all these mystic portals, and invisible thieving midgets, er, little people.”

“Oh we aren’t going home,” The Broker replies.

“What?”

“As much as I would like to return, we have been given quite an opportunity. These shards can open doors to other worlds. That makes them astounding, immensely important, and priceless… well not entirely priceless. Everything has it’s price, but why would you ever sell?”

He picks up and manipulates the shard of the ‘misty corner’ in his hand.

“Imagine it, opening a door to an entirely new world. Their technology, magic, abilities, patents, and resources all in your hands, and you would be the only one of your realm with access to them…no, that may actually be priceless.”

“But what of the ill-defined ‘Enemy’,” Slag suggests, “wouldn’t they just kill us for it? How can you profit off it if we’re dead?”

“A fair point,” he replies, “but they aren’t my enemy, and who knows, they may be more receptive then our kidnapper alleges. They may even have a better offer. Speaking of offers …”

He pockets the crystal and takes the knife from Slag’s hand. He taps Deathstroke on the shoulder with its hilt.

“Mr. Wilson, isn’t it?” he says with a sterile smile, “You’ll have to forgive me the lack of formal greetings, but considering the situation, I doubt we have time for it. Don’t ask how I know, but you seem to me to be a man who can get things done; I’ve always admired the mercenary spirit. Consider my retrieving this property on your behalf, as simply an indication of better things to come.”

He tosses the knife high in the air and strolls out towards the misty corner portal. Slag follows quick behind the boss and they move into the portal before getting a response.

#62 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Calendar Man sat at the back of the crowd paying little attention to anything going on. He then hears Gandalf and Batman say something about taking a shard to the Shadowy Corner. He decides then and there that if he wants to survive this mess, he'll stay well away from Batman.

He shoves through the crowd (most of which not even realising his presense) and speaks up...

"I'll take a shard to the Misty Corner!"

#63 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

Go Home

It seemed the obvious answer. No one in the room seemed trustworthy. There was the creepy masked guy who kept hitting on her. The other girl who was wrestling with an invisible someone. Her wallet had gone missing. The vampire chick was calling for blood and one of the two people she recognized from the television was muttering to himself.

It's scary here, Go Home

But Karen knew to follow her fear. She'd done it in the ring time and time again, up against seven foot monsters with three black belts in disciplines she'd never heard of and couldn't pronounce. And every time she followed her fear, she ended up with the referee holding her wrist, thrusting her hand in the air. 

No, don't do it

"Yeah, I'll come along," she responded to Zach. Her stomach was twisting itself into knots. She felt herself about to throw up. 

Then she gave a significant glance toward the Misty Corner. "We should go there, guys. Everyone seems to be going there."

#64 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Zach looks over to the place mentioned, it wasn't a bad idea.

<We are looking for strength in numbers> Cryo points out. Zach mulls it over, but he's reminded there are six portals to go through.

"I suppose they are, though if we all funnel into one or two places then we might not succeed in what GreyBeard's asking of us. I'm all for having backup but three's a solid number....what do you think?" he says, looking to Deadpool, sorta still counting him as a part of the trio.

#65 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

"Alrighty then! Ice guy is following me and we're going through the motha truckin window!" Deadpool screams as he jumps through the window portal

#66 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

"We're following him?" Karen quirked an eyebrow at Zach. "When we're on the other side. One of us is in charge." She walked through the portal, smiling back at him.

#67 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Zach watches Deadpool give a running charge. He glances over to karen, too late to take that back now.

<I agree with the woman> Cryo mutters on the subject of someone else getting ahold of the key. Zach just givs a nod to both Karen and the ice god before remembering something. Phones.If Bilbo was still around he'd try to swipe his and karen's cell phones back before following through the window. Cryo was on standby in case Mr. Mammoth was needed, which was probably likely....if only for Deadpool.

#68 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Sighing, the Lion jumped through the crack in the floor to follow the blood thirsty vampire. She was the only occupant he knew, and for some reason, none of the other vigilantes had gone after her. Maybe he could talk some sense into her, but if worst came to worst, he had beaten her before. He was sure he could do it again.

#69 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Slade stood back as he contemplated his choices.  He could tell Gandalf wasn't the kind to go through all this trouble for nothing.  He watched as the others headed off, unknowing of what awaited them.  Judging carefully, he chose the Mirror.  Something in his gut just made him feel it was were he needed to go.

Walking up to the Wizard, Slade took a shard and headed towards the portal.  Before entering he looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was following him.

#70 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Calendar Man looks around him. He has arrived at the Misty Corner and now the Broker and Slag are dueling Balrog. He has been entrusted with the shard by his teammates. But then he pauses for a second...

It was around 11 O'Clock March 31st on the day he was brought to the hall. It's been a few hours since. The date is now April 1st. April Fools Day.

Calendar Man tucks the shard into his pocket andruns off, taking out any guards in his way.

"April Fools!"

#71 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

(OOC)

Okay that's awesome (I see what you did thar with the Calendar thing), but everybody pause there.  I'm about to set up some stuff.

#72 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

(Pause)

Yeah, sorry if this contradicts that new Balrog match thingy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users