Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Khazan Falling


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

As Gandalf and Elrond watched intently, an Elven envoy of the outer territories of Middle Earth entered the room.  Rushing to the side of the master of the hall, he spoke in hushed tones with urgent fervor to the lord.  Elrond’s face did not mask the dismay he felt towards the message presented.  Gandalf noticed this and frowned heavily.  Within a few seconds, the messenger finished bowed and rushed from the room.  “What say he?” Gandalf questioned.  Elrond grimaced heavily.  Gandalf understood immediately.  The enemy was upon them.  “We must speed these proceedings along, Gandalf.”  The old wizard nodded in agreement and whistled a melodic tune.  Within seconds a hummingbird fluttered to his finger.  With a whisper to the bird, it was gone, flittering off with a magical message.



#22 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Karen jumped. "Hey, that guy's talking to the corner! That hummingbird just landed on nothing!" She pushed through the crowd toward the corner where she could have sworn she saw something. She figured at least someone would follow behind her.



#23 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

    Why? No one's gonna see them.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Calendar Man tried to hide behind other people, in order to stay out of Batman's sights. Truth is, Batman already saw Calendar Man enter, though knows he isn't much a threat, so doesn't react.



#24 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

"Shit."

 

Caitlin's head throbbed as an assortment of voices went on in the background. She gazed into the dark room and saw the dozen of figures that accompanied her. She stood slowly. Her eyes went first to the man who carried the flame in his palm and then scanned all that the light touched. Someone had brought her here, someone had seemingly brought them all here. The problem now was to figure out for what. 

Batman responded to the obviously insane individual who had spoken up. "No one will be killing anyone. We have no idea what's going on, as this boy said, there's no need for conflict, at least until we figure out where we are."

 

"Good. But just standing here is getting us nowhere."

 

As the words left her lips she felt the presence of another's mind brush against hers. She immediately went on guard. 



#25 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

John had also noticed the strange occurrence in the corner but did nothing about it other than raising his eyebrows in a confused manner. He did not recognize any of these individuals. They were all unknowns and that made them all potential threats, so he just kept watching them all from the area he was at, wary and alert.



#26 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Minutes later, the hummingbird returned to the room and fluttered to Gandalf’s finger.  He fed it and smiled brightly as a smallish figure entered the crowded room.  The Hobbit quickly made his way to Gandalf in the corner.  Upon reaching the wizard and his companion, the Hobbit immediately questioned the odd spectacle,  “Oh dear, Gandalf is there something you wish to tell me?”  Gandalf frowned, “You remember full well what I told you of the Enemy from Beyond.”

 

“Oh yes…that!”

 

“Yes…that.  Well Bilbo, it is time for you to play your part.”

 

Bilbo shrunk back a bit and sulked, “Oh Gandalf, sometimes I can’t tell whether you think very highly of me or want me dead.  I am getting too old for this, don’t you think and that is…” He paused, looking around the room.  “Well, that is a very treacherous looking assortment of individuals.  I just don’t think…” Bilbo paused and noticed the extraordinarily harsh glares from Gandalf and Elrond, “Well, I just don’t…” The glares grew more harsh.  “I…oh nevermind.”

 

Gandalf smiled deeply.  “Good.” He replied and began to whisper in the Hobbit’s ear.  As he did so, the weather outside grew fierce.  Storm clouds darkened the skies and thunder rumbled.  Bilbo’s face grew stern with fear as he listened to Gandalf.  With a curt nod, Gandalf was done, “Now be quick Bilbo.  Time is of the essence.”  With that, Bilbo took off into the crowd. 

 

Immediately he passed a young girl who was eyeing the corner.  Quickly, he bumped her roughly and snatched a few items from her person.  She felt the bump, but whether she noticed the missing items was another thing.  Likewise, the Hobbit would systematically thump and nudge his way through specific others and grab what he could in a not-so stealthy manner.  ‘Oh Gandalf, you better be right about this.”



#27 bigballerju

bigballerju

    The Last Son of Krypton

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywood, Florida
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Jennifer laughed as she noticed everyone's puzzled reactions to what was going on. Jennifer leaned against the wall and remained quiet not worrying too much about there current situation. No one seemed to want to reveal anything about themselves to be safe. It didn't matter to her really. Jennifer looked to the corner only half paying attention and shrugged her shoulders as she went back to observing everyone in the room. She paid attention to everyone's character and personality. The one with the flames didn't seem too good which she liked and the batshit insane masked man talking to himself she found quite funny. Jennifer waited as she figured when the time came they would be told what's going on. The best thing to do right now was remain silent and observe everyone in the room to gather knowledge on some of them.



#28 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

    Way too drunk to care

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

"Who grabbed my ass!" Wade yells after feeling a bump

 

A Hobbit just took a grenade from you I think.

 

Wade starts checking his waist for his grenades "What in the hell is a hobbit and he better give me like 5 bucks for that. Seriously though, who grabbed my ass? Was it you sweet tits?" He winks at Karen "I think there is an invisible midget robbing people, so check your shit people! This isn't me robbing you this time, that will come later."

 

Why are you telling them you're going to rob them later?

 

"I think they get that vibe from me already. I'm bored, who wants to wrestle?" Wade says as rolling up his sleeves and gets into a wrestling stance



#29 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Batcave

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Batman felt the grasp, but he knew that nothing could get into his belt without him wanting it to.



#30 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

    I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsville, NJ
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

    Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

    I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

In a corner of the room, a tall, muscular man stands alone as he watches the mismatched occupants of the room. He was wearing tight leather pants, and a sleeveless vest with a furry collar that looks like a lion's mane. The only people he recognized was the ice-powered kid he had seen on tv once and the pale, blood-thirsty woman. He had narrowly managed to beat her when they were thrown randomly into a lethal cage match together, apparently she was luckier than he thought.

 

When the maniac in red and blue started challenging people to a wrestling competition, The Lion stepped forward. "You can wrestle me. Put those weapons of yours away, and I'll give you good fight."



#31 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

If Slag happened to dwell on the thoughts of 'ice-pun guy', she'd find that he had given up on listneing to the others, confident it'd work itself out and in the end no one was dumb enough to actually instigate a fight. Instead he was much more interested in his own thoughts. 

 

Are you sure it's not the redhead with boxing gloves? All these other guys....I'm pretty sure I'd recognize some of these halloween costumes, Zach finishes thinking to himself. Very quickly a second voice responded, much deeper in tone and inflection.

 

<Zachery, look to your left. Another woman, but not 'pale and crazy' as you've said. I am certain you two have met.>

 

With that suggestion from an unknown source, Zach's eyes drift quietly over to Slag. He was trying to be subtle, but it was clear that Zach was eyeing her as if trying to piece the memory of their scuffle together. As he focused, his phone was magically lifted off the floor without him realizing it.



#32 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Karen growled. She was coming to her limit. Between being pulled through the mirror and that one creepy tattooed chick had, this day had been completely full of crap. 

 

She slammed his fist against a nearby wall sending spidery cracks through it. The sound echoed throughout the room. "Someone took my phone!" she shouted to the room at large. "Everyone get against the walls, if you find a door, stand in front of it and don't let anyone go!" 

 

The exertion of her enraged shouts took her breath away. She breathed heavily as she watched and waited to see who would comply with her commands.



#33 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

    Deadpan Snarker

  • CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A couch near you.
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

John raised his hand to his jaw and chuckled. "Well that sucks for you, but it's not my problem. Should have watched your stuff better. Pathetic." He commented.

#34 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

    Way too drunk to care

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Deadpool walks up to Karen then turns to the people in the room.

 

"Who took my girl's phone? Oh hell nah! Don't worry girl, Deadpool will get your phone back. But first, looks like I get to tame a kitty cat." Wade says as he does a summersault which lands him 3 inches away from The Lion as he stands up.

 

"Finally, some action! Now, we have to go over what you said. Do you want to fight?" Deadpool pulls out his katanas "Do you wanna wrestle?" Deadpool gets back into his wrestling stance "Or do you wanna wrassle?" Deadpool then picks up a steel chair with one hand and then does the Hulk Hogan hand wave to the ear motion to the rest of the crowd.

 

I'm pretty sure The Lion is a good guy so don't kill him

 

"I'm not going to kill him! I don't think so anyways. It's not my fault if he doesn't tap to the Cobra Clutch!" Deadpool says as he flexes his muscles

 

These people have no idea what the Cobra Clutch is. Most people reading this post won't know what the Cobra Clutch is.

 

"These retards don't know Sargent Slaughter? Anyways, what will it be kitty cat?" Deadpool says as he goes to pet the Lion's...Lion around his neck



#35 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Batcave

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

She slammed his fist against a nearby wall sending spidery cracks through it. The sound echoed throughout the room. "Someone took my phone!" she shouted to the room at large. "Everyone get against the walls, if you find a door, stand in front of it and don't let anyone go!" 

 

 

Batman ignored the brat. Right now he began pacing around the hall, scanning with different vision modes and taking notes of the architecture.



#36 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Slag was still scanning the crowd. Ice guy was looking at her a little weird, but she already knew him, so it was chalked up to him just being awkward. Her psychic gaze focused over the new faces. The two swordsman, one evil, the other just insane, gave her a little pause. Deadpool's inner monologue became to confusing to follow after some time so she gave up.

 

In the crowd she also looked over a few more traditional fighters, one calling herself Fox, the other Lion. Surprisingly the one dressed as a bat seemed harder to probe; a psychic proof mask perhaps? No, she thought, that would be ridiculous, like claiming you had a magic proof bandanna. It must be something else. However this didn't matter entirely, two others in the room already knew him well, and their thoughts of him were more far more open to search. She noted that one of them, the round, bald and far less ostentatious of the two, was perhaps underpowered amongst his peers. However, if necessary, the Broker could fix that.

 

Then she found the little thief. His worries, his thoughts about something or someone called Gandalf were unclear, but his larcenous actions were obvious. Finding his mind was easy, finding him might actually be harder, and she wasn't entirely sure if it finding him would help their plan. 

 

This information was mentally conveyed to the Broker, who answered that doubt.

 

"Find him," he thinks at her, "his actions are too premeditated. He isn't taking advantage of the situation, he's following a plan. And the only plans to be followed here are mine."

 

"Yeah, well, that might be a tad difficult," she mentally responds, "he is invisible after all."

 

"Invisibility is a highly overrated ability. Only useful if your opponent overrates his vision, which we will not do."

 

Before she can think out a question to ask, her mental powers fade, and everything gets very loud, very quickly. It doesn't hurt, but it would not be a sensation to recommend. Her sight doesn't leave, but she can now see every creak and echo of the room as it bounces against solid objects. She could then see a man who was invisible to sight, but not to sound. She can't pick up colors, but his general outline was clear. 

 

Sonar, she eventually realizes. Well that's somewhat original.

 

She walks past the two men about to wrestle and hones in on the glimpse of the small figure who no one else seemed to notice. She calmly stalks forward till within range, then jumps at what to everyone else will appear to be an empty spot on the floor. 

 

"Come here, you!"



#37 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Zach's focus on Slag was interrupted by Karen's outburst.

 

"Hm? phone?" he grunts before looking around at the....apathetic reaction. Since he had tuned out Deadpool about ten seconds after first hearing him an invisible midget wasn't his first choice. Then the Broker speaks up. Zach listens to him a bit before scratching his head. An awfully knowledged one, his friend seemed to have a bead on something as well. Ovrlal he made sense, but invisibility seemed a bit...contrived.

 

"Mam, that's a bit extreme. Perhaps you just dropped it somewhere, it's a dark place. Tell ya what, you gimmie your number and I'll dial it myself, then w-." he starts to say when he realizes his phone wasn't where he left it. He was left dumbfounded and grasping for air.

 

<Zachery, I believe your phone was taken too...> Cryodon comments, assessing the situation. A scowl goes over Zach as that kicks in. He then sees Slag jump at an invisible spot on the ground.

 

"I could be wrong on the other hand...." he grunts before getting up in a heartbeat. Even if she was on a wild goose chase, being proactive sounded like a nice change of pace. His arm glows a faint blue before trying to get a gander at what she was 'seeing'.



#38 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Batcave

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Batman turned towards the tackle at the floor, and since he still had his thermal vision on, he noted the other heat spot that was tackled. He readied himself for confrontation, especially since the presence of Calendar Man confirmed that some of these entities were evil.



#39 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Slade had systematically moved throughout the room.  He had aligned himself next to John, keeping his eyes trained on Deadpool and Batman.  He wasn't familiar with the others but he had been taking stock of the slightest hint of what they could do or there intentions.  Leaning towards John, he whispered.

 

"So whats your take on this?  You seem to have your wits about you, who do you think we can trust?  Somethings not right here and we need to work together to find out.  Strange happenings are going on about the room and some only seem to want to bicker.  So, what do you say?"



#40 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

    I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsville, NJ
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

    Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

    I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

The Lion grunts and smiles. Never keeping his sight off the blades, he slams his steel toe army boot into Deadpool's crotch. "As you put it, let's 'wrassle'.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users