• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the process of being covered, but there are a couple of issues with the Light Skin theme: 

-With the Light Skin, when choosing the "Performance" option after clicking the rocket icon to the left, the slider is initially hidden on the main Forums page. However, once you go to another page then return to the main Forums page, the slider reappears in a more widescreen format. 

-There is no main search option to be seen on Light Skin.

#22 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the process of being covered, but there are a couple of issues with the Light Skin theme: 

-With the Light Skin, when choosing the "Performance" option after clicking the rocket icon to the left, the slider is initially hidden on the main Forums page. However, once you go to another page then return to the main Forums page, the slider reappears in a more widescreen format. 

-There is no main search option to be seen on Light Skin.

The Search Option is kind of bothering me.  The Performance thing not so much.

#23 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I see there is some issue with the Blogs and their not directing properly.  I'll be fixing that.

#24 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just found an issue with the new Dark Skin, albeit a relatively minor one. 

Something weird happened with the text in these two matches: 

http://www.electricf...make/?p=421717 

With this match, I remember text coming out very dark in matches with the Dark Skin in EF's previous format, but only when fonts other than the default with used to post them. Thing is, I think the font used here is the default. 

http://www.electricf...-queen-akasha/ 

I can't say what happened with this match, either. These are the only two matches with these text issue, as far as I see.

#25 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

This appears to be a case where the user uses the Light Skin and then, in marking up their text, creating it adding a color (Black in this case).

It will show up very nicely for the user of the light skin, and they do this not realizing that users of the dark skin now will see a wall of black.

I do not recommend adding colors to your fonts unless you pick something which will show well in light or dark, because you are taking away the ability of the skin to set the text appropriately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users