#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Roy Fokker vs. Steven Hiller

My submission for the March contest. I may take ideas from this for my mega story but this particular set up is unrelated.

Author’s note: For those that care, this takes place years after the Independence Day movie and before the SDF-1 Macross crash lands on Earth, during the Robotech Universe’s global civil war.

The global civil war was raging on and on. Despite surviving the alien invasion years ago, the various nations of the Earth couldn’t figure out how to co-exist.

Captain Steven Hiller, a hero of the alien invasion, led a fighter group on a bombing raid. They didn’t even know the nature of their target, simply that they were to destroy something being built in Japan.

Hiller did know though. He wasn’t supposed to, but after his accommodations from President Whitmore, he was given access to intel not awarded to those of his rank.

The group was approaching the hot zone.

“Kind of funny, no resistance coming to intercept.” Roy Fokker commented.

“Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!” Hiller chided him. “It’d be nice to do a bombing raid and not loose anybody!”

“Couldn’t agree more!” Fokker’s smile came through the radio like the scent of an apple pie.

Roy Fokker had proven to be an excellent fighter pilot. He was cocky but what pilot wasn’t. Plus he was no kid. He grew up in some flying circus which explained why he was so good. After a few missions, Hiller selected the top gun as his wingman. They had accumulated many kills together.

Suddenly the interceptor alarms beeped on everyone’s consoles.

“Uh oh! Spoke too soon!” Roy frowned at the radar display.

“Stay in formation!” Hiller ordered. “I think I can get us through!”

“How are you gonna do that?” another pilot asked.

“Just stay in formation!” Hiller repeated.

The bogies were coming into visual range, but no one saw anything.

“Am I missing something here?” Asked a pilot named Cranston. The skies were clear except for some clouds.

“Don’t break formation.” Hiller warned everyone.

“Why do you keep telling us that?” Galanski sounded irritated. “We’re sitting ducks if an enemy pounces.”

“Trust me,” was Hiller’s reply.

“Captain!” a pilot named Busk shouted. “I’m losing control of my aircraft! It’s banking!”

“Eject!” Roy Fokker ordered.

“No don’t!” Hiller countered. “Go with it!

“Say again!?” Busk cried.

“Go with it!” Hiller repeated. “You’ll be alright!”

“Screw that!” Busk rebelled. “I’ll be nose-diving in a second! Ejecting now!”

Hiller’s command not to eject was ignored as the last plane in the formation popped its cockpit dome and the pilot was expelled.

At that moment, the fighter group was bombarded with unmarked hostile fire. The ejected pilot was hit and vaporized as was his uncontrolled plane. The other fighters were targeted too. A few escaped the opening salvo but a second wave eliminated them.

Soon Roy Fokker and Steven Hiller were the only two left. The invisible enemy seemed satisfied with their work and stopped the assault.

“What happened?” Fokker exclaimed.

A grim- “don’t worry about it.” came from Hiller. “Let’s head back to base.”

“What kind of response is that? Do you know something, Captain?”

Hiller kept quiet.

“Captain Hiller!” Roy called louder. “We just lost our squad! If you know something you’d better come forward!”

“If you had just followed orders it wouldn’t have happened like that!” Hiller snapped.

“What are you talking about?”

“We’ve been infiltrated, Roy! Another alien race has come to Earth! Only this time, they came the quiet way!”

“Are you admitting to working with the enemy?” Fokker couldn’t believe what he was accusing the war hero of.

“Don’t you see?” Hiller began to rant. “This is hopeless! We can’t win! Aliens are going to keep coming and keep coming until one of them gets what they want! The only way to keep the human race from being wiped out is to surrender! Work out a way to live under them!”

“Captain, that’s treason at the highest level! I’m going to have to take you in!” Fokker maneuvered his fighter behind Hiller’s.

“You ain’t taking nobody in, Roy!” Hiller shot up like a rocket, out of Fokker’s line of fire. “You ain’t coming back!”

Fight Parameters

Obviously, an aerial dog fight.

Both men are piloting the same modern aircraft (which means Roy Fokker is not in a transforming Veritech!)

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Learn More About
Roy Fokker
Read more about Roy Fokker at Wikipedia
Official Site: robotech.com Links: Wikipedia Robotech Infopedia Anime Wiki

Capt. Steven Hiller
Read more about Capt. Steven Hiller at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Internet Movie Database SciFlicks

#3 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Never heard of Roy, but I find myself siding with him, so I'm voting for him

#4 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I can't believe how weak the Robotech fanbase is here!

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Good set-up and interesting Challenge entry, leroy. Interesting way of blending the ID and Robotech worlds.

As for the match, I can't really say who would win this dogfight. I've seen ID several times, but the only footage I could find of Roy in combat is in his transforming planes. With modern aircraft, but Hiller and Fokker seem about equally skilled, so this appears like it could go either way.

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
Boratz gives it a grade of: A
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Interesting dynamic of making Hiller the traitor.
Mercenaryblade gives it a grade of: A
SCORE
Roy Fokker: 11
Capt. Steven Hiller: 9
FPA: 3.7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Robotech, Roy Fokker, Steven Hiller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users