222 replies to this topic

#181 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Why you're not commenting on the Cell feat is beyond me. You're pretending I haven't written what I have written. I provided you with the proof you've been looking for, and this is how you're thanking me?! This dishonest attitude won't do, denial really is an ugly thing.

#182 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

snip

Why you're not commenting on the Cell feat is beyond me.

I'm not commenting on it because, 1: I can't remember the details, and 2: it's entirely possible that there's a different in how it takes place between the Anime and the Manga.
Since I don't actually have the details/facts, I won't comment on it either way, but since you ask, based on what i can remember from the Manga, Cell doesn't keep up with the IT.

You're pretending I haven't written what I have written. I provided you with the proof you've been looking for, and this is how you're thanking me?!

You have provided no evidence, evidence would be either a scan or a video clip, what you've done thus far, has been insisting you're right, without actually taking the time to show how and why you're right.

This dishonest attitude won't do, denial really is an ugly thing.

You're right, it is getting rather tiresome, which is why I asked you to provide evidence for your claims, or be treated as a fanboy.

Since you didn't actually provide any evidence, I guess you want to be treated as just another fanboy.

#183 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Why you're not commenting on the Cell feat is beyond me.

I'm not commenting on it because, 1: I can't remember the details, and 2: it's entirely possible that there's a different in how it takes place between the Anime and the Manga.
Since I don't actually have the details/facts, I won't comment on it either way, but since you ask, based on what i can remember from the Manga, Cell doesn't keep up with the IT.

You're pretending I haven't written what I have written. I provided you with the proof you've been looking for, and this is how you're thanking me?!

You have provided no evidence, evidence would be either a scan or a video clip, what you've done thus far, has been insisting you're right, without actually taking the time to show how and why you're right.

This dishonest attitude won't do, denial really is an ugly thing.

You're right, it is getting rather tiresome, which is why I asked you to provide evidence for your claims, or be treated as a fanboy.

Since you didn't actually provide any evidence, I guess you want to be treated as just another fanboy.

*applause* :D

#184 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

"1/The Daizenshu specifies the Three Eyed clan is an Alien race."

No, it really didn't.

The Three-Eyed Clan is referred to as "beings", not "aliens". And they are listed under "Earthlings", unlike Saiyans, Namekians, etc.

"2/ Broly is way above Hulk in terms of raw power."

No, he really isn't. But you are welcome to convince me with some actual proof. Something you have yet to provide for any of your ridiculous claims.

"3/ Iron Man's armors have well defined limits, there's no way he could redirect, much less absorb an Earth Shattering blast."

While it's true that he might not be able to absorb and redirect all of the energy in a blast like that. He could absorb a large part of it, and use it to reinforce his shields, allowing him to simply shrug off the rest of the energy in the blast. The end result is the same. Namely, the blast is absolutely useless against him.

"He can't fight these guys, he's seriously outmatched,"

Well, against all of them, if he was alone, yea. But he isn't alone, he won't have to fight more than one of them at a time, and he is more than capable of handling that.

I'll refer you to my earlier comment, about needing to read some Iron Man from the last 7 years or so.

"4/ Sentry, Thor and Nova are plagued with inconsistencies, set as they are in an universe in which Spider Man can pummel Firelord. Sentry can't defeat WWH on his own, while Hulk is supposed to be wayy slower. Hell, Sentry can't even catch Frank Castle. During the Dark Age, Namor was also able to put up a fight with him. If we're to look at his "non feats", Sentry is much slower than the DBZers."

Ok, so you want to focus on the low showings, and completely ignore all other 'feats' from the characters. It doesn't work like that.

For every low showing, there is another high-end showing. Even going with a nice average, Sentry, Thor, Dr. Strange, etc. are far superior to any of the Z-fighters.

I have no problem acknowledging low-end 'feats', but in doing that, one also have to acknowledge the high-end 'feats'. Which you seem to be ignoring.

"5/And calculations, speculation are quite meaningless, there's no actual data available one could exploit to calculate just how fast DBZer's really are."

Not true, there are plenty of data that can be used to calculate the speed of the DBZ'ers, at any given time.

But, just for the sake of arguments, let's say you're right. That there is no data that conclusively shows their speed. With that in mind, you have nothing to support your claim, that they are actually Light Speed(or faster). Aside from, in your own words, "meaningless speculations".

"Still, there are energy blasts who connect almost instantly with their targets,"

Yes, when those targets are within a relatively low distance. That's because the energy blasts do move pretty quickly. But against someone that can move, and react, at Faster Than Light speeds, blasts like that are effectively useless, since they will never connect.

"6/ Since it's said and established Broly's power level is limitless, that's a fact."

It's always growing, that's what separates him from the other Saiyans.

No, it really isn't.

It's a misrepresentation of a single statement, that fanboys tend to use in trying to defend that Broly is far more powerful than he actually is.

It was never, at any point, said that Broly's power is always/constantly increasing.

Let's list the facts here:

1. Broly says "My Ki is rising. It's overflowing!"

2. Immediately after saying that, Broly flies up and starts firing energy blasts around, like conffetti at a parade, while seemingly in pain. I.e. releasing some of the energy/ki that was "overflowing". He had more Ki, at that point, than his body could contain.

3. After releasing the energy. I.e. after firing energy blasts for about half a minute, Broly's 'aura' dissipates, and he calms down, and stops screaming.

4. Broly's Ki rising/increasing, is never mentioned again.

Now, if you have some kind of proof, that supports your claim of Broly's power level being limitless, that I haven't seen. I would love to see it.

"I'm sorry, but Iron Man and the Hulk could not beat Broly fairly easily. "

It's true that Hulk couldn't. He doesn't have the speed for it. for Iron Man, it depends on which armor he's using. With some armors, he could, with others, he couldn't.

But likewise, there isn't really anything that Broly could actually do to put either of them down. Hulk due to his insane durability and regeneration. And Iron Man due to his Energy Absorption, Energy re-direction, Force Fields, and Durability(not to mention his speed, intelligence, and skills).

"Galaxy > 2% Nuke Blast feat

Since, unless my memory is completely off, I know you're a fairly intelligent guy, I'm going to assume that you're joking.

Broly can not, and has not at any point, destroyed a galaxy. Let alone with a single blast, as seems to be the claim here.

"He's not human, as you'll notice he's capable of things humans are incapable of, like cloning himself (for lack of a better word), growing out arms out of his back, having a friggin' third eye on his forehead etc... These things aren't techniques so much as they're natural powers"

Cloning himself?

You means like Krillin does?

http://youtu.be/EHQs6_fRp9I?t=36s

"Actually Goku is much more faster than Thor. Thor has very slow reaction time. "

Not true. Thor has been shown reacting at faster than light speeds. Something that Goku hasn't come close to.

"Instant teleportation, now that's fast. Yet, Perfect Cell, even before his SSJ2 power boost, was able to follow Goku thanks to his own speed, negating what could have been a substantial advantage. In other words, he was fast enough to catch up with someone who can move instantly."

Not true.

In fact, Cell directly stated that he couldn't keep up with the speed of the IT.

"LSSj's power level constantly grows as long as the form isn't dropped. A lose the form, lose the power kind of deal. Though during the duration of Broly's LSSj form he did continue to grow stronger. "

Not true. His Ki rises, as in, regenerating energy that he has lost/spent, but he has a finite limit. As I mentioned earlier in this post.

As a final note, allow me to make a prediction: Oltobaz is going to fall back on subtle(ish) insults, inferring that I am delusional or in denial. He's going to side-step my points, and make new ridiculous claims(or re-state old ones), and continue to offer absolutely no evidence. And quite possibly, one or more points, will be completely ignored.

Just to clarify, when asking for evidence, in regards to DBZ, I'm not asking for actual scans/screenshots from the manga, or video clips from the anime/movies(though those would be nice). Something as simple as giving the Manga book number(for example, Goku and Cell's initial encounter in the cell games, happens in book 34), and possibly a page number, would be enough. Or for the anime, simply telling which episode to look in(and possibly even an approximate time in the episode) would also be enough. Or telling the specific movie, and if possible, at roughly which point in the movie, to look in, would also be enough. Just like giving the specific comics issue, is enough.

If Oltobaz actually provides any of these things, I'll go ahead and do the leg work, and actually post the screenshots/scans and/or video clips that he has referred to.

#185 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

In Japanese Tankobon vol 34, Cell explains his speed, while not as good as instant transmission, is still pretty damn good, which helps negate the advantage it might have represented for Goku otherwise. I'll willingly admit this feat isn't as impressive as what I remembered, but what do we learn from that? Essentially, Cell's speed at that time isn't FTL as yet, but pretty damn close, as it almost matches IT, on short distances, during combat if you will.

Apologies for misremembering exactly what the feat was, still, it does demonstrate my point, if he's almost FTL then, they sure eventually get there at some point. Characters like Gotenks, Vegeto, Magic Gohan, possibly Goku in LSSJ3... are so much more powerful than Cell (who wasn't at LSSJ2 yet when fighting with Goku), it's not even funny. They're FTL, or above, even. Of course, you have to grasp how DBZ power leveling works in order to accept that.

Then, there's Broly. His power level is always augmenting. He doesn't speak much in his movies, but we learn it from him still. The English translation is misleading somewhat, as it only refers to Ki, but it's not just that so much as his strength, durability, and, well, speed. He's not just regenerating his resources. As for him being in pain at times, all this power might be painful at times, I'd hate to see his blood pressure, he is overflowing with energy after all. But, then he's the only one who can. He's the Legendary Super Saiyan, isn't he?
As such, he's the only one without a finite limit at any given time, as long as he's in this form. Perhaps a better way to put it, said finite limit is regularly pushed back, as his power level continues to grow. He's very similar to someone like Hulk whose strength- and other atttributes- is always augmenting under rage, upper level being unknown. The only difference, in this state, Broly is always enraged at any given time, and his power never decrease.
While not part of the continuity, his first movie is set around the Cell games. Had Broly carried over to he Buu saga as LSSJ, his power level would have been... over 9000, lol. And, by the time he'd make it to the Marvel universe in this set up, I don't even want to think how powerful he'd get to be. I know he'd destroy the likes of Iron Man and Hulk due to his superior speed and superior firepower (his Earth Shattering chi blasts, that's what). Hell, he'd do that in his first movie, with ease.

As for Krillin being able to clone himself, I checked the Manga, the original source material. I knew what I was gonna find, but, anyways... Check Japanese Tankobon Volume 19, or the American equivalent. He doesn't do it once. Piccolo doesn't do it either, though he could. This scene you posted is an anime filler. Now, I haven't seen DragonBall KAI, but, I know they were trying to be more consistent with the manga, and I would be surprised if this scene was kept. Truthfully, Krillin isn't able to clone himself under Toriyama's pencils. The Anime continuity isn't flawless, the original Manga is, though. More to the point, Dbzer's don't have "low showings". Quoting myself, they're constantly powerful, and trust me, even Yamcha would mop the floor with Frank Castle, at any given time. Even Chaozu. Even Master Roshi...

As for the Three Eye Clan, my Daizushu vol 7 definitely specifies it's an Alien race, and I don't know what's wrong with yours..

In regards of Iron Man, I'll just say I seriously think you're vastly overestimating what his technology could do against such power without prep. None of his armors could do much of anything here, we're talking about a blast powerful enough to destroy planets over great distances. That's too much for Stark, Extremis or not(again, without prep).

Finally, I noticed your statement about Ki blasts being fast as long as the target's distance was relatively low. Well, the Moon isn't right next door to Earth, but then, by this logic (your own), how long would you think it takes to destroy a planet you're actually on, then? Less than an instant. We'd have to think of something faster than instant destruction. But again, we'd be dead, and wouldn't care by then.

#186 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

"In Japanese Tankobon vol 34, Cell explains his speed, while not as good as instant transmission, is still pretty damn good, which helps negate the advantage it might have represented for Goku otherwise. I'll willingly admit this feat isn't as impressive as what I remembered, but what do we learn from that? Essentially, Cell's speed at that time isn't FTL as yet, but pretty damn close, as it almost matches IT, on short distances, during combat if you will."

Actually, there is nothing about "negating the advantage of IT". From the beginning of the fight, up to the point where Cell says that his speed is not as good as IT, but "still pretty damn good", Goku only uses IT once, to avoid Cell's Kamehameha. And Cell makes that statement right after. At no point does Cell "keep up" with the IT, or show that his speed in any way, negates the advantages of the IT, or in any way come close to "matching" the IT.

"Apologies for misremembering exactly what the feat was, still, it does demonstrate my point, if he's almost FTL then, they sure eventually get there at some point. Characters like Gotenks, Vegeto, Magic Gohan, possibly Goku in LSSJ3... are so much more powerful than Cell (who wasn't at LSSJ2 yet when fighting with Goku), it's not even funny. They're FTL, or above, even."

Actually, there's absolutely nothing in that fight, that even remotely shows him as "almost FTL".

"Then, there's Broly. His power level is always augmenting. He doesn't speak much in his movies, but we learn it from him still."

Yea, not so much. We have a single statement, that his power is "overflowing". Nothing about his power rising, is ever mentioned at any point again.

There is absolutely nothing to support the claim that "his power level is always augmenting".

"The English translation is misleading somewhat, as it only refers to Ki, but it's not just that so much as his strength, durability, and, well, speed."

Not just the English translation, the original Japanese version, also refers to his Ki. Which is understandable, since his strength, durability and speed, all come from his Ki.

"He's not just regenerating his resources. As for him being in pain at times, all this power might be painful at times, I'd hate to see his blood pressure, he is overflowing with energy after all."

Actually, yes. He is just regenerating his resources. The body constantly generates Ki, though at a relatively slow rate, that is how people regain their Ki, after tiring themselves out. What makes Broly's LSS form special, is that while in that form, he generates Ki much faster than normal. Nothing more, nothing less. His power is not constantly increasing. He still has to go through the same things as everyone else, to increase his power(training, near-death experience, etc.). That is why he was "overflowing", i.e. he had more Ki than his body could actually contain.

"As such, he's the only one without a finite limit at any given time, as long as he's in this form."

Not true. His limit is finite, regardless of which form he is using. His body is just generating Ki faster than normal.

"Perhaps a better way to put it, said finite limit is regularly pushed back, as his power level continues to grow."

You're repeating yourself. And again, no, his power does not continue to grow, and his limit is not "regularly pushed back".

"He's very similar to someone like Hulk whose strength- and other atttributes- is always augmenting under rage, upper level being unknown. The only difference, in this state, Broly is always enraged at any given time, and his power never decrease."

Not true. Broly's power doesn't increase, except through training, near-death experience, etc. just like everyone else. Hulk on the other hand, does continuously increase his power, as he gets more and more angry. And yes, Broly's power does decrease, just like everyone else, his power decreases with every energy attack he uses(that's why after throwing energy blasts around, his Ki was no longer "overflowing"). He just regains his maximum much faster.

"While not part of the continuity, his first movie is set around the Cell games. Had Broly carried over to he Buu saga as LSSJ, his power level would have been... over 9000, lol."

Depends on which continuity you're talking about. Broly is part of the same continuity as all the other movies. Whether that is the same continuity as the Anime, is debatable. And no, if Broly has survived up until the Buu saga(without training, or going through other similar things to enhance his power, like everyone else), he would have been at the exact same level of power, as he was during his movie appearance.

"As for Krillin being able to clone himself, I checked the Manga, the original source material. I knew what I was gonna find, but, anyways... Check Japanese Tankobon Volume 19, or the American equivalent. He doesn't do it once. Piccolo doesn't do it either, though he could. This scene you posted is an anime filler. Now, I haven't seen DragonBall KAI, but, I know they were trying to be more consistent with the manga, and I would be surprised if this scene was kept. Truthfully, Krillin isn't able to clone himself under Toriyama's pencils. The Anime continuity isn't flawless, the original Manga is, though."

I know it's not part of the Manga, but since this particular match, contains DBZ characters who only show up in the anime, or the movies, the Manga continuity is irrelevant for the purpose of this particular debate.

"More to the point, Dbzer's don't have "low showings"."

Ok, so Goku yelling in pain when he gets stuck with a needle, or rubbing his head in pain, after ChiChi hits him with a frying pan, is not a low showing.

That seems kinda pathetic for someone who is claimed to be a rough equal to someone like Superman or Thor.

"even Yamcha would mop the floor with Frank Castle, at any given time. Even Chaozu. Even Master Roshi... "

Well, yea. Frank Castle is a normal human with no special powers, and no special technology to put him at a higher level. He's a well-trained human, but a normal human nonetheless.

"As for the Three Eye Clan, my Daizushu vol 7 definitely specifies it's an Alien race, and I don't know what's wrong with yours.."

The Daizenshuu vol 4, has the Three-Eyed Clan listed under "Earthlings", and refers to them as "beings", not "aliens".

But I suppose the so called "dragon ball bible", has just as many contradictions as the real thing.

"In regards of Iron Man, I'll just say I seriously think you're vastly overestimating what his technology could do against such power without prep. None of his armors could do much of anything here, we're talking about a blast powerful enough to destroy planets over great distances."

Iron Man redirected a blast from Silver Surfer. Granted, IIRC, that was in the Bleeding Edge armor, which is quite a bit more powerful than the Extremis, but Silver Surfer is quite a bit more powerful than any of the Z-fighters, so it still supports my point quite nicely.

He has sonic attacks, which has left Juggernaut begging for mercy. Juggernaut being someone whose durability is far beyond anything the DBZ'ers are capable of, it shows that Iron Man has the capability to hurt them.

His shields are also powerful enough, to completely shrug off several nukes exploding at point blank range, while his shields are only at 1%(iirc). That, coupled with his energy absorption and redirection, easily makes him capable to take anything the DBZ'ers can dish out. Not to mention his speed and reflexes.

And we haven't even added his intelligence and tactical skills into the mix here.

"Finally, I noticed your statement about Ki blasts being fast as long as the target's distance was relatively low. Well, the Moon isn't right next door to Earth, but then, by this logic (your own), how long would you think it takes to destroy a planet you're actually on, then? Less than an instant. We'd have to think of something faster than instant destruction."

You're ignoring, 1. The time it takes to charge up a "planet destroying" blast. 2. The time it takes to actually launch, that blast. Which has been the point of contention all along.

#187 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

1/The time it takes to charge such a planet busting blast is next to nothing, especially when you move at FTL.
2/I'll have a loook at the Daizushu 4, though I'm basing my argument on the vol 7, which I suggest you study as well.
3/So, you're admitting yourself Broly's ki level keep on growing, and you're even precising for me all his physical stats, speed included, augment accordingly. Nice.
4/ By comparing his speed to IT in such a favorable fashion, Cell hints at how fast he really is. Almost FTL. If you can't see that, well, I dunno, grant me another wall of text. You know you want to.
5/ Not convinced by your Stark's defense, though I'll admit his use of sonics could deal some damage, especially against Nameks (super hearing). I don't see him withstanding what Broly (and others) can dish out, however.
6/ Goku being in pain due to Chichi is intended as comic relief. Sentry not able to catch Castle is funny as hell, though not intended to be.
7/ Whether Tien is human or not has nothing to do with this match. You're way off. I pointed out the scene you quoted was an anime filler backing up the fact Tien is the only one who can clone himself, well, save from Nameks of course, and possibly other aliens I don't have on top of my head this instant. Humans can't do that. But this off topic dicussion is just that, an off topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the match. Show us some focus ;)

#188 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lol. Silver Surfer is beyond any Z Fighter. Iron Man redirected a blast from him, in his Bleeding Edge Armor. His current Godkiller armor is superior to Bleeding Edge. Nuff said.

#189 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

That doesn't convince me he could do anything against a planet busting Ki attack. I do think it's too much for him to handle. And he's never been exposed to Ki of that magnitude, he isn't exactly dealing with an Iron Fist clone here, you know. As for the Silver Surfer himself, for all his power, I vividly remember how T'Challa was able to incapacitate him through martial arts and his human anatomy knowledge. If the Black Panther can do that to Norrin, what can Tony do? I'm hardly impressed.

#190 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I vividly remember Chi-Chi hurting Goku with a frying pan. If Chi-Chi can do that to Goku, he has no chance against most of these guys.

Just so you know, the writer who wrote that Black Panther/Silver Surfer thing? He admitted he fucked that up. Nuff said.

#191 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Iron Man's also absorbed a full power blast from Silver Surfer in his classic armor.

#192 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's what's been confirmed as Silver Surfer letting Black Panther put him in a headlock (it was so stupid and so much a case of PIS that the writer literally made this the case).

#193 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

"1/The time it takes to charge such a planet busting blast is next to nothing, especially when you move at FTL."

In all cases of a blasts of that level, being charged, it has taken at least a few seconds to charge it.

"3/So, you're admitting yourself Broly's ki level keep on growing, and you're even precising for me all his physical stats, speed included, augment accordingly. Nice."

Well, if that's what you got out of my comment, then it's no wonder you have the delusions that you do, about Broly's power level.

The only difference between Broly and everyone else, is that Broly's Ki generates/regenerates faster, when he is in the LSS form. In order to increase his limits, he needs to train, have a near-death experience, etc. just like all the other Saiyans.

"4/ By comparing his speed to IT in such a favorable fashion, Cell hints at how fast he really is. Almost FTL."

Cell doesn't compare his speed to IT. He says that he is not as fast as Instant Movement/Transmission, "but I'm pretty damn fast."

"6/ Goku being in pain due to Chichi is intended as comic relief. Sentry not able to catch Castle is funny as hell, though not intended to be."

So, you're basically saying that low showings in Marvel, should be considered as just that, low end showings. But low showing in DBZ, should be ignored?

Yea, it doesn't work like that.

"7/ Whether Tien is human or not has nothing to do with this match. You're way off. I pointed out the scene you quoted was an anime filler backing up the fact Tien is the only one who can clone himself, well, save from Nameks of course, and possibly other aliens I don't have on top of my head this instant. Humans can't do that."

I showed you a video, which shows quite clearly, that in the anime continuity, Krillin can clone himself as well. It doesn't matter if it's filler or not, it's still canon to the Anime continuity.

"But this off topic dicussion is just that, an off topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the match. Show us some focus"

I show plenty of focus. I just respond to the things that other people, in this case yourself, post. If you want to stop talking about Tenshinhan, then stop bringing him up.

You, on the other hand, tend to ignore several of the points I've made.

#194 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Until it's retconned, it's in print, and in continuity. Like Spiderman defeating Firelord. These Heralds... bunch of pranksters..

#195 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

It was retconned.

Chi Chi hurting Goku however, still very much in continuity.

#196 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

It was retconned.

Chi Chi hurting Goku however, still very much in continuity.

Well it could have just been the comedy part of DBZ. Anime's tend to be like that.

#197 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

It's in print, and in continuity. Going by Oltobaz's logic, perfectly valid. And thus, none of the Z Fighters stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

#198 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

You're underestimating Broly, he isn't like the other saiyans. If he only had one small advantage such as the one you grant, Goku and co wouldn't have had do much trouble.
Godspeed already posted a scene showing how dangerous Broly really is. He wants the planet gone? It's gone. That's all there is to it. Plus, he's FTL, since...
...Cell is commenting on his own speed while commenting on IT. It's a comparison. And, while still inferior to IT, his speed doesn't pale, which means he's almost FTL.
DBZ low showings are comic reliefs. They're funny because, as the audience, we know they're absurd. That they can't really happen. As such, they don't mean anything. It's all part of manga storytelling, City Hunter, for instance, is full of scenes like that, but I digress.
Finally, Toriyama himself said once there was only one continuity, the manga and the anime merged together. However if some anime material contredict the manga, the manga should be held superior then, as the source material. Thought you knew that. It's common sense.
You weren't showing much focus when erring about TenShinHan, and you know it.

#199 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

DBZ low showings are comic reliefs. They're funny because, as the audience, we know they're absurd. That they can't really happen. As such, they don't mean anything.

Huh. I can say the same about Black Panther and Silver Surfer or Spider Man and Firelord.

So you're acting like an idiot and a hypocrite. Interesting. That's all I need to know.

#200 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's in print, and in continuity. Going by Oltobaz's logic, perfectly valid. And thus, none of the Z Fighters stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Oh I see where you're getting at. Carry on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users