• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

If you haven't played through the story mode of MK9, then don't read this.

At the end of the story, Shao Kahn and his forces have killed almost all of the classic MK characters. And I mean ALL of them. No more Sub-Zero, no more Kitana, no more Kung Lao and no more Stryker (though not many people cared about him very much anyway). Quite a few villains survived, like Kano, Sektor and Scorpion, but the big bad of the next game is obviously going to be Shinnok, and possibly his servant Quan Chi, as they were both shown at the very end discussing their next plans. Other than that, the only good characters who survived were Raiden, Sonya and Johnny. Shame really. In Liu Kang's arcade ending we saw a badass looking costume and powers for him, but never got to see him in action using them. Perhaps Liu Kang comes back from the dead and becomes the real big bad besides Shinnok? Meh. That whole zombie schtick didn't sit very well for the fans, and turning Liu Kang full on evil doesn't make much sense.

Now, like most people, I've been kind of intrigued about how they're going to fill up the roster, with so many lovable characters gone. How will a bunch of original filler characters ever live up to them? Pretty much all the original characters from the 3D games sucked, but I believe Netherrealm may have learnt their lesson now. There were a bunch of cool, original characters seen in the arcade mode endings, like the Tarkartan Horde in Baraka's ending, the mysterious woman in Jade's ending, and the mad doctor in Kabal's ending. They could all be really fleshed out later on.

But what I've always wanted to see is the Mortal Kombat version of Tekken Tag Tournament. A completely non-canon game with no story but brings back all the previous characters and make them look cool. Obviously with the exact same playstyle as MK9 and not that Armageddon crap. With the new artists and game designers, I believe they can make a character as dumb as Hsu Hao or Kobra look cool. God that would be awesome.

Ya know, I found Armageddon so bad that I actually started hallucinating that it was good because of the huge roster, and imagine that it was more like MK9 in terms of playstyle. But then I play it, get bored, lose it, find it, play it again, rinse and repeat. Don't do that to us again, Netherrealm. Please don't.

What do you think MK10 should be like?

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

The only good thing about Armageddon was the create a fighter and Taven's quest. As far as MK 2010 I want my 3d arena back and make brand new characters to carry in future MK games. I want a full out story mode that has great gameplay.

LOL on another note Raiden is a horrible protector of Earth Realm after MK 9. Earth needs a new protector.

#3 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

There's only one answer: more ninjas

#4 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

They could always make Red Robin or Nimbus Terrafaux actual characters knowing how they made Skarlet.

#5 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

The only good thing about Armageddon was the create a fighter and Taven's quest. As far as MK 2010 I want my 3d arena back and make brand new characters to carry in future MK games. I want a full out story mode that has great gameplay.

LOL on another note Raiden is a horrible protector of Earth Realm after MK 9. Earth needs a new protector.

Really? I felt the konquest mode was full of plotholes. I always thought it would have been better if it turned out Daegon's gaurdian dragon was also evil and trapped Taven in the Netherrealm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users