Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

One-shot RP: Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie Apocalypse

  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

    A Man of the People

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ending his speech, he looked around at the others, capturing their eyes for a moment before moving on to the next, ending up looking at Methos.

"Since you're somewhat of a strategist, do you have any other ideas for a team structure, or does my humble attempt at it meet your standards."

His tone of voice was completely neutral, and his body language completely relaxed, though ready for action at a moments notice, for those able to read it.


Methos stood up, stretching his back, then nodded at Slade.

"It's rather basic, crude, but given our complete lack of team cohesion, as well as the limited amount of trust among us, the formation you are suggesting is currently the best option we have."

He frowned lightly, as he continued "I would prefer to have some kind of high-ground scout support. Someone who could warn us of danger, before we, as a group, would notice it. But then again, it would be foolish to send anyone out alone, given the lack of information about what kind of threats we might encounter, which would mean that any high-ground support, would have to be at least two people, leaving only three of us on the ground, to handle any actual combat."


Pulling out his knife, he held it up to the light. After examining it, he began sharpening it. While sharpening he began hearing the moans coming from outside. He stopped and looked up.

"Ok strategy men. What the *vulgarity* is that?"


Methos grimaced at hearing the moans, and muttered a colorful Sumerian curse under his breath, before answering.

"Most likely, the reason that we, a group of rather talented individuals, were chosen and brought here for the mission we have been given, rather than simply a group of random people."


He turned to Slade and the others. "If at all possible, we should try to find a route to the hospital, that keeps us away from ground level. I would suggest making our way to the roof of this building, to see if we can get an idea about the lay of the land, and plot out a possible route."

#22 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

"Hmm, I thought I was the one who repeated people..." Snake snarks at the immortal as he helps the Hood move the furniture. Though he had to admit, as much as roof-hopping sounded like a bad idea, ground level with all these tall buildings was a bit lower on the scale of preferences. After helping Jason, he'd go back over to the window to see if he could make out the building's skyline adjacent to theirs. He wanted to see if this apartment area was even close enough to allow for such escapades. "Not the worst idea, if we do it let's just hope those things don't have wings."

#23 sirmethos

sirmethos

    A Man of the People

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Methos looked thoughtfully at the barrier, that had been put in front of the door.

"As much as I hate to suggest anything that increases the risk of injury... Perhaps it would be beneficial to lure one of those things, into this apartment, before setting up heavy barricades. It would allow us the chance to see what we are dealing with, and make it far easier to formulate an effective strategy, should we encounter more of them during our... mission."

#24 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

"Well if we need someone for bait... I nominate Nightwing."

Jason leaned up against a wall. He crossed his arms and put one foot against it.

#25 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

"Nightwing?" Snake asks curiously. He takes a glance around the room, and realizes the brightly dressed kid was the only one who didn't introduce himself by name. the way Slade instructed the team layout, he figured the two knew each other then. Mmm." he grunts loudly as he chomps down on the cig, ruining it. He knew his fair share of child soldiers in the past, it was clear he didn't approve of the boy hostage route. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves...."

#26 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

OOC: I'm still robin at this point actually.
"I guess I'll do it. Relax, I won't get caught or anything..." The kid mutters. "Anyone else volunteering?" He asks. If he saw no one he would head out.

#27 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

OOC: oh sorry.

#28 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

OOC: oh sorry.

OOC: no problem, just clarifying that.

#29 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

"I guess I'll do it. Relax, I won't get caught or anything..." The kid mutters. "Anyone else volunteering?" He asks. If he saw no one he would head out.

Snake drops the cig at his feet and steps on it to put the thing out. He stands up quickly before muttering lowly. "If we're gonna do this, bait's no good without a hunter watching over it..no offense." he says to robin with his pistol clutched in his hands. He looks over to the rest of the team. "So uh, 2 knocks for clear and three for it's still alive or what?" he asks, wanting this part of the plan to be well-formulated for obvious reasons.

#30 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

While the group were barricading the door, and making plans, the moans had been coming slowly closer.

"So uh, 2 knocks for clear and three for it's still alive or what?"

As Snake spoke up, a sudden flurry of footsteps could be heard outside the door, and something massive slammed into it, cracking it in the middle, and moving the barricade back half a foot.

Through the crack in the door, for a brief moment, they could see what looked like an oversized shoulder, covered in something that seemed like crocodile skin, before it moved backwards out of sight.

Additionally, in the dark hallway, they could see several pair of eyes, reflecting the light, glowing a sickly yellow.


#31 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

OOC: Is this like resident evil type zombie monsters?

"Great! Lets just sit here and come up with a plan, while the giant monster breaks down the door!"

He pulled out one of his pistols and cocked it readying himself for the challenge. In the other hand he held his knife, in case things got really interesting.

"I don't think we need to lure one in anymore. So now whats our course of action? Run or fight?"

#32 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

ooc GM note: No, these are Left 4 Dead type zombies, with my own twist.

#33 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Snake frowns as the barricade is moved aside. Definitely not human from what he could see

"I'd rather not have this thing track us halfway across town, if it found us here I don't wanna risk keeping it alive." he says, quickly holstering the SOCOM so he could grab the M4, figuring he'd need the bigger firepower for this one. While keeping the weapon trained on the door, Snake sidesteps to an angle where the door would prove a blind-spot for the monster if he charged into the room. He also made sure is back wasn't to anyone so he could stay out of their firing line. "The real question is; do we let him in or does someone have a surprise for him?" Snake asks aloud, pointing out if this guy was a brute, fighting in these quarters wasn't a good idea.

#34 sirmethos

sirmethos

    A Man of the People

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

As Snake spoke up, a sudden flurry of footsteps could be heard outside the door, and something massive slammed into it, cracking it in the middle, and moving the barricade back half a foot.

Through the crack in the door, for a brief moment, they could see what looked like an oversized shoulder, covered in something that seemed like crocodile skin, before it moved backwards out of sight.

Additionally, in the dark hallway, they could see several pair of eyes, reflecting the light, glowing a sickly yellow.


Methos stepped back and quickly snapped out to the others "Let's get some things moved around here! Barriers to make it more difficult for these... things, to get to us when they get in. And make a killing field, restrain their movements once they come through the door, making them easy targets. We need to do this, fast. And get ready to take them down when they get through the door."

He looked at the others "If one of you has any experience with acrobatics, and scouting, it would be... appreciated, if someone would move to the top of this building, and try to plot a route for us, to the hospital. Preferably a route with minimal risk of encountering opposition."

#35 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

"Let's wait till these guys are taken care of shall we?" Snake insists quickly, pointing out the flaw of seperating at this point, especially for what would likely be the lightest-armed individual. "If we're gonna move anything, maybe Slade can make use of his table lifting abilities before they break in?" Snake grunts as he waits for something to enter the room.

#36 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Jason kicks over the table in the room to use for cover. Taking up place behind it with his gun trained on the door.

"Regardless of what comes through the door, I say we find a way to bottle neck them. It will give us a better shooting lane and a single focus for fire."

#37 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Methos stepped back and quickly snapped out to the others "Let's get some things moved around here! Barriers to make it more difficult for these... things, to get to us when they get in. And make a killing field, restrain their movements once they come through the door, making them easy targets. We need to do this, fast. And get ready to take them down when they get through the door."

He looked at the others "If one of you has any experience with acrobatics, and scouting, it would be... appreciated, if someone would move to the top of this building, and try to plot a route for us, to the hospital. Preferably a route with minimal risk of encountering opposition."

"I have training in acrobatics, I'll see what I can do to get there." Robin said as he tried to find something that he could move to help bottleneck the monsters. He looks through his equipment, not much that was useful... not enough batarangs but whatever.

#38 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

    King of Kings

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Guarding Arkham Asylum
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

With the monsters just outside the door, Jason hunkered down behind his cover.  He began looking around the room for a possible exit if the threat couldn't be contained.  Stepping back he looked out a window.  Using his elbow he knocked it out to get a better view.  Pulling out his second pistol, he kept one aimed at the door and the other aimed at the window.

 

 

"Hey guys!  Should we make a run for it or are we gonna defend?  I got an exit here I think."



#39 kainboa

kainboa

    Believes Han shot first

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Slade slid to the side, and unslung his carbine, aiming it at the door.

 

Another flurry of footsteps, and another slam into the door, this time widening the crack enough to allow a child through.

 

As the crocodile skinned figure retreated, several arms were thrust through the opening, and the barrier were slowly pushed backwards.



#40 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

"I say we make a run for it. We don't know how many there are and defending seems like a stupid idea. Let's go?" Robin suggested.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users