2 replies to this topic

#1 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Here is an idea for an RP, that needs no GM. All it needs is people interested in pure character-based rp'ing.

I guess you can consider this the sign-up thread. But it's mostly just this post, to explain the concept of the RP, and a place for people to post their character sheets. I guess it can also be used as an OOC thread, if people who are participating, want to quit, or take a break.

The general concept: One person makes the opening post. Merely his character doing something, along with the location. The next person(s) then post their character(s) arriving, one way or another, at that location, and the character interactions can begin.

There is no real plot. It's a matter of first come/first serve, for picking the location(first poster, gets to decide on the location, and describe the place).

Characters can be both Canon or OC characters. If you pick Canon characters, please try to stay in-character(i.e. actually play that character, not just that character's abilities and name, with your own personality).

There are no real limits on which characters you can choose/make, as long as there is a plausible reason for your character to be in that location, and for interacting with the other characters.

This is essentially the character-based equivalent, to the "free-for-all" RPs, that are basically purely combat-based. It's a way for people, both experienced and in-experienced, to practice their RPing, without fear of messing up the plot, or getting killed off.

#2 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

interesting...

#3 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Didn't someone try to make something like this? IIRC we all trolled it to death..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users