• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Batman, standard pre-reboot DC comics version, with the following:

- everything in the Bat Cave, including Robin (Tim Drake)

- basic knowledge of the heroes, names, powers, etc

- one hour to prepare for the fight

vs

The standard Marvel comics versions of the following:

Spider Woman
Beast
Quicksilver
She-Hulk
Vision
The Punisher
The Thing
War Machine
Black Widow

Captain America
100 American soldiers, with a few tanks and helicopters

They are fighting in Gotham City. The Marvel heroes' objective is to take down Batman. Batman's objective is to get rid of the heroes, by either taking them down or otherwise removing them from the city. A take down is a kill or a KO. Captain America and the American soldiers will arrive an hour after the fight starts. There will be no other outside interference. Everyone's morals are on.

Opinions?

#2 Kidstylez11

Kidstylez11

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Bstman take this one cause 1 its in his city, 2 hes the gaddam batman and 3 marvel heros jave tje same powers as dc so bataman will gave a pretty good idea of what hes up against

#3 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Batman gets stomped. As good as he is, he's only one guy.

#4 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't think 1 hours of prep is enough and Batman for the most part is physically outmatched here. He loses.

#5 Kidstylez11

Kidstylez11

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Batman take on worst that whats being thrown at him right now with an hoyr prep he can take out all these hetos no problem

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

For Batman to win here, he would need years of prep and be able to call on some of the League. Just too many for him and Drake to handle alone. Not to mention the power level of some.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Pretty much what everybody else said. Funny while Batman is busy trying not to get pounded to death by Shehulk or Thing I could see Punisher being the one to kill him in the end by mistake or simply because he doesn't give a f**k.

#8 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

standard pre-reboot DC comics version

I'm guessing that the version you mean is the pre-flashpoint version, since there have been several reboots in DC comics, and that Flashpoint is the most recent reboot.

With that in mind, Batman has access to a phantom zone generator, and his Insider suit amongst other things, which gives him a pretty good chance against the majority of the Marvel team one on one.

But considering that this is a fairly large team, against Batman, eventually he'll be taken down.

#9 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

One hour simply isn't enough time to prepare. I could see him evading the heroes for a while and taking several down, but he would need more prep time for say War Machine.

#10 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I was never impressed by the Insider Suit. It can mimic certain JLA abilities, yeah, but I don't think it ever showed that it could actually perform on the level of Superman and the like. Batman gets stomped badly in my opinion.

#11 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

I don't think 1 hours of prep is enough

One hour simply isn't enough time to prepare

True, an hour isn't very long, but i'm not expecting, and didn't want, Batman to spend ages constructing a big device or some anti-everyone spray. He's already got more than enough gadgets, high-tech armours, vehicles, explosives, gasses, etc, to take down an army, plus information on all the heroes, and while this is definitely a difficult fight it's not something he needs years to prepare for. Batman just needs to get a ton of gear, make a plan with Robin, hop in the Batmobile and drive around Gotham, which he knows very well, doing whatever he can to take down and get rid of the other heroes. He doesn't even have to be hostile he can use his knowledge of them, and general geniusness, to manipulate them into leaving the city or even fighting each other.

Also, remember, Batman doesn't need to kill all the heroes, just KO them and/or remove them from the city.

Batman has access to a phantom zone generator, and his Insider suit amongst other things, which gives him a pretty good chance against the majority of the Marvel team one on one.

But considering that this is a fairly large team, against Batman, eventually he'll be taken down.

Good points. With all of that gear and his knowledge of the city i'm sure Batman can figure out how to split up the heroes and take them on one at a time, or at least not all at once. They probably wouldn't all be in one big group at first, anyway.

Also, i'm aware DC has had many a reboot, and i did mean pre-whatever-the-most-recent-reboot-was, which i actually thought was the New 52 stuff.

Batman take on worst that whats being thrown at him right now with an hoyr prep he can take out all these hetos no problem

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but try to give people some actual feats and whatnot regarding how and why Batman could win this.

As good as he is, he's only one guy.

Two guys. He's got Robin with him. And all of the aforementioned tech, weapons, vehicles, and so on. And he knows the city better than it knows itself. And he's got an hour to get his shit together.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Batman isn't taking down that team with a hour of prep. It has powerhouses like Shehulk, geniuses like Beast, and more. It has a all around team that has the whole package.

#13 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

True, but they aren't experienced as a team, so they don't have the advantage of flawless teamwork. Batman is himself a genius, and a physical powerhouse if he puts on one of his stronger and more durable armours. Also, again, he doesn't need to prepare a whole battle plan or huge device, he just needs to figure out how to use the many advantages he has to win. It's not like he's just gonna walk up to She-Hulk and let her punch his head off. He knows what they're all capable of, and this is Gotham, two immediate advantages for Batman.

I'm nt saying i think he will win, but people seem to be assuming he's gonna try to fist-fight all the heroes at the same time, which he obviously wont do. He will plan, and sneak, and plant, and snipe, and throw, and maybe win.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yes they are experienced as a team. Everybody on that team has been on the same Avenger team through the years. Hell even Punisher teamed with Cap's Avengers during Civil War.

Batman isn't sneaking up and attacking most of the heroes on the Marvel team. There either too experienced for that or have abilities or suits (War Machine) that make it pointless to try to do that.

Batman doesn't have many advantages.

#15 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

After a bit more thought, I could see Batman winning this. Not saying he is, but he could. I don't see this collection of heroes combing the city in a big group, so Batman would pick them off. A couple ideas.

-Wearing the Insider Suit, I believe that Batman and Tim could take her down. Maybe using gas or tranqs.
-Beast is a genius, but again, if Batman takes him alone with all his gadgets and the Insider Suit, Batman wins.
-This is where things get difficult. Batman has dealt with speedsters before, but unless he can neutralize Quicksilver with a sneak attack, he'll get handled.
But if he does get the drop, he could knock out or incapacitate Quicksilver, using his fists or sonics.
-She-Hulk I don't know that much about. I don't know if this works, but couldn't he simply outmaneuver and gas her?
-Visions a robot, so Batman might try some sort of virus (a bit of a stretch)
-The Punishers a chump, don't think this needs explanation.
-The Thing would be tough (see:near impossible) But, Batman might again try knockout gas, or some sort of hardening foam.
-A virus for War Machine to maybe hijack his armor, but again a bit of a stretch
-Black Widow could probably be ambushed and dropped.
-As for Captain America and the soldiers, I don't know. I don't see Batman destroying or knocking out a 100 soldiers and a couple tanks.

Unfortunately, this discounts possible groups of heroes, and many of these methods are far from certain, especially with only an hour of prep. But Batman has more a chance than I previously thought.

#16 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

is this one at a time or all at once.

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

The Punisher is not a chump.

#18 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

The Punisher is not a chump.

Compared to Batman? Yes he is. I don't really feel like this should turn into a Batman vs Punisher thread. But even if you don't think he's a chump, at least admit that Batman would defeat him.

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

In a pure hand to hand fight? Yes.

On Castle's terms, not so much.

#20 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Frank Castle is underestimated when it comes to tactics..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users