#41 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

...A decade behind, can be pretty far behind depending on what area of weapons/defense/whatever technical shizzlewizzle you put out there. Point is they'd lose in a war.

On that note Corvette is right. North Korea in fact, save for their nuke capabilities is actually still stuck in 50-60's naval technology, which could be quite disasterous for them.

#42 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

North Korea is like me at age 6 thratening to beat up my twenty year old cousin.
Although I do worry for civilians if this does escalate into full on war. Lets just hope they aren't insane enough to actually try launching anything.

#43 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Truthfully, if they did, it would get shot down fairly early on, or perhaps when it's more over the Pacific so as to not cause many civilian deaths.

On that note of a 6 year old vs a 20 year old:

Posted Image

#44 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Truthfully, if they did, it would get shot down fairly early on, or perhaps when it's more over the Pacific so as to not cause many civilian deaths.

On that note of a 6 year old vs a 20 year old:

Posted Image

Lol, all the US has to do now, is just squash NK under it's boot. :P Awesome political cartoon vette.

#45 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Heh, it's been posted on this forum somewhere else as well (it might be Daily Dose of Win or something). I just looked it up on Google Images. :P

#46 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Lets just thank the heavens that North Korea doesn't have a bomb like this...Whew!
http://www.youtube.c...&v=WwlNPhn64TA#

The one they did a test with I heard was no bigger than Hiroshima..

#47 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Not so much... China is only about a decade behind the states in terms of military tech iirc. Their biggest problem though, is that they're military is more focused on Land Warfare, not Naval.

That said, they'd need to substantially beef their navy up to even think about challenging the US Anywhere except Asia.

Yeah, thanks for proving my point.

#48 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

China would have NO gain out of challenging us in the first place. Why? What reason do they have? They don't want a 'cold war' or to conquer those nasty American pig scum. Neither do we have to conquer China and while I do agree with Force, that the US is virtually unnopposed military wise and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I have said very clearly though we won't always be top dog. Maybe Canada will take our place :P

Also, before I go back to schoolwork CHINA DOES NOT WANT A WAR WITH US AND NEITHER DO WE. IT'D WRECK BOTH OF OUR ECONOMIES. Speaking not as an arrogant American, let's bring nukes into the equation, we'd lost most of our important cities and China would be 'wiped off the map' so to say they'd never be a challenge or a threat(not that they are now anyway)to anyone ever again. But this isn't Fallout-much as I love that series~<3

#49 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

He's right in a way... If NK does nuke SK or Japan... we'll be outraged, saddened, shocked... but unless we actually see the devastation, the survivors, the raw death and mutilation of the attacks... it will have no other Effect on our lives other then "Oh, alot of people were killed... Maybe we should do something."

It's Human Nature, sad to say.

Actually, not call you out but we would not stand for it if SK and Japan are nuked and neither would our international partners who might see us as untrustworthy if we won't even defend our alies after they have been freaking nuked. No, believe you me we'd strike back at NK for hurting our allies.
EDIT:Also, this isn't Poland which the UK and France left to get crushed by Germany when they COULD have crushed Germany if France had simply pressed on their invasion of the Saarland but they were so centerned on defense after World War 1 which killed much of France's young men. But why do I bring up, Poland? Because France and the UK left it to it's doom, we won't do the same to SK and Japan. Not in this day and age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users