Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.
Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Treacherous.
March 5 - March 24
Taken from Incredible Hulk's suggestion we have:
Ides of March: Characters (or just one) attempt to take down a government they think is evil. Alternatively, a character in power (super hero, political, even just a leader of a group) gets betrayed by said group.
The March Challenge Grand Prize
This month's challenge has three possible prizes:
Prize #1: for participants who enter a Match in the tournament (Not Judges) there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.
Prize #2: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the March tournament that participant will receive one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.
Prize #3: for the March tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.
This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.
Prize Eligibility for the Two Random Prize Drawings:
To be eligible for the two Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:
- You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this March Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge and have your name listed in the Tournament Participation History thread.
- You must enter the March Tournament with a Match or be an official March Tournament Judge.
- You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.
To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:
- You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the March tournament
- You must enter the March Tournament with a Match
- You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you
- Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges
These three prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!