24 replies to this topic

#21 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

why has apocalypse never turned to liquid  or gas his power would allow that I mean that's his primary power he should be using that power to it's fullest.

#22 Classic80s

Classic80s

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Invincible Metal

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Because the writers never write him to his potential. Sadly, he's used mostly as a jobber. 

#23 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Because the writers never write him to his potential. Sadly, he's used mostly as a jobber. 

he should be damn near unbeatable to anyone who can't mess your atoms up but instead he gets put down by namor wielding a cofe table.

#24 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm not sure why but Apocalypse never really interested me as a villain. Neither of them seemed to have the charisma that Thanos or Darksied of Magneto or Doom or other great had.

If I had to guess about why, I'd say it had to do with several things.

* Writing - Apocalypse was created as an X-Factor villain by Louise Simonson. I don't want to cast aspersions on her as she is a capable writer, but she wasn't the creative genius some of the other marvel writers of the time were.

* Plotlines - Apocalypse appeared at a time when X-Books were multiplying all over the place. The result was some of the most convoluted and over the top plotting in Marvel history.

* Power - Apocalypse is very powerful, so much so that he seemed capable of defeating his X-foes without much trouble. They were effectively used to put him over as a great villain. Unfortunately, without a compelling story or personality, he wasn't worth putting over. For me it was like watching a sloppy wrestler beat all comers because of his connections.

That's just me, of course, but he's one of a number of villains I'd just as soon never see again.

#25 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

I always like apocalypse but he never used his powers to their fullest and very inconsistent in one appearance he would be beating the x-men and the avengers by himself  in another he would be jobbing to namor  in one issue x factor and the inhumans are hitting him with everything they have including black blot using his voice and he is just laughing at them then in another he in cowering before black bolt and black bolt destroys him with the slightest notion. 

make up your mind is he the immortal godlike mutant or a cowering  mind level alpha mutant beneath namor that only gets by on manipulating others .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users