• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#101 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

And yet Thing holds up a oil rig which is far above 80 tons.

And yet Marvel still only list his strength at a 6 and not 7 with other 100 tonners like Thor, Gladiator, Sentry, Namor(in Water), Hercules,Hulk,etc...From what I understand Marvel uses their strength level differently from real life.
http://marvel.com/un...(Benjamin_Grimm)

^^^And that's an official powergrid by Marvel.

#102 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

You're the one who brought up the Midgard serpent and I dismissed it. Simple. What does Thor knocking over the leaning tower prove? Thor did NOT LIFT IT, he only pushed it over it. Also the fact that the tower was already leaning.

No I am not saying that that 90 tonners are multi-thousands tonners if you actually read my post clearly. I'm saying that Thor knocking over the leaning tower is irrevelant. That's like me knocking over already leaning huge tree and saying I can lift.

Seriously again...If you read my post than you would k now I said Thor been surpassed Wonder Man in his classic days, meaning he wasn't limited to 90 tons but only in his classic days.. -__- Don't believe? Than look up his Marvel handbook from the 60s...

I brought it up as an example of Thor performing a feat well over 90 tons, then didn't mention it again. You said you'd post all that crap about why it's not a valid feat if I asked, and I didn't. Way to waste your time and mine.

Are you kidding me? I could lift a dinner table, but I couldn't push one over with my bloody finger. And it doesn't matter whether it's already leaning or not, it s still a feat that'd require several hundred, if not thousand, tons of weight.

Except you never said that, at all. You claimed it was something an 80-tonner like the Thing could pull off because he's held up an oil rig. And I challenge you to go find a tree with a structural weakness and make it fall over by tapping it with your finger. :)

I have no idea what your point was supposed to be in that last part, but again, feats from the comics > handbooks. Thor knocking over the tower of Pisa by tapping it, which is a feat that'd require well over 90 tons' worth of force to perform (before you question the tower's structural integrity, yes, it has a weakness, but it's a weakness that's been able to hold up the Tower all this time).

Edit: ...Dude. It doesn't matter what Marvel say, because he's been seen performing feats that far exceed 80 tons.

#103 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I brought it up as an example of Thor performing a feat well over 90 tons, then didn't mention it again. You said you'd post all that crap about why it's not a valid feat if I asked, and I didn't. Way to waste your time and mine.

We mentioned it multiple times but whatever.

Are you freaking kidding me? I could lift a dinner table, but I couldn't push one over with my bloody finger. And it doesn't matter whether it's already leaning or not, it s still a feat that'd require several hundred, if not thousand, tons of weight.

Again he did not lift it which would require a lot of strength.

Except you never said that, at all. You claimed it was something an 80-tonner like the Thing could pull off because he's held up an oil rig. And I challenge you to go find a tree with a structural weakness and make it fall over by tapping it with your finger.

1. Yeah because Thor did not actually lift it which would require more strength.
2. If the tree is leaning in the opposite direction I'm pushing it then yeah since gravity is helping me...

I have no idea what your point was supposed to be in that last part, but again, feats from the comics > handbooks. Thor knocking over the tower of Pisa by tapping it, which is a feat that'd require well over 90 tons' worth of force to perform (before you question the tower's structural integrity, yes, it has a weakness, but it's a weakness that's been able to hold up the Tower all this time).

1. It appeared that you were thinking I said Thor was always limited to 90 tons when I said Thor strength increased from 90 tons to 100 tons in his early days thus surpassing Wonder Man. Hulk wasn't all that strong in his very early days.
2. Handbooks are made by the official company who writes the comics so yeah.
3. I just want to point out that Marvel using strength levels differently. Again Thor did not lift it which would require a lot of strength, he only pushed a already leaning object, yes impressive that he only used a finger, but again it was already leaning an gravity would have helped him.

Anyways this is getting off topic. I'm done.

#104 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

1: Umm, it would be impressive if Gold's shields actually stood up to a hit from Doomsday, but they didn't. After he hit them, they collapsed, so you can't base an argument saying "Rand's hits aren't as strong as Doomsday's" because the fact is that his shield can't even stand up to Doomsday.

2: He has Luke Cage to throw him, so that's pretty irrelevant.

3. Even if his force field could contain Rand and Cage for a while, it doesn't mean he wins. Eventually they'll give out, and then he's still screwed.

#105 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

1. Fair enough.

2. Um what? That hardly makes it irrelevant. Cage could throw him, but unless I'm mistaken Rand can not change his trajectory once thrown, so Booster can easily dodge by flying higher, lower, to the left, to the right et cetera.

3. Possibly.

#106 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

1. We don't even know how much he actual form(the one that Thor pulled, not the one that was crushing Earth) weights.
2. The Thing has always been stated to be around 80 tons.

I was also referencing the Pisa Tower.

Instead of actually relying mainly on what Marvel has said, utilize your brain.

We see they've performed feats outside their "stated range by Marvel" consistently and constantly.

Ergo, while they can claim all they want, it's more than 80 and 90 tons by far respectively. Simple logic/reasoning there, it isn't difficult. -.-

#107 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was also referencing the Pisa Tower.

Instead of actually relying mainly on what Marvel has said, utilize your brain.

We see they've performed feats outside their "stated range by Marvel" consistently and constantly.

Ergo, while they can claim all they want, it's more than 80 and 90 tons by far respectively. Simple logic/reasoning there, it isn't difficult. -.-

Um...Because its Marvels word and I think they know their characters more than any of us.

Anyways I'm still going with team two. Iron Fist was able to one shot and destroy a shield helicarrier. With that amount of striking power I think he can easily go through Gold's shield.

#108 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Yeah...except in Marvel comics, he has shown far above that. So disproven.

Fair enough...if he could hit him.

#109 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Yeah...except in Marvel comics, he has shown far above that. So disproven.

Fair enough...if he could hit him.

Yet Marvel still continues to list him as that and Marvels strength levels are different from real life thinking.

Iron Fist would most likely hit him, before he even takes flight. Has fast can Gold even move?

#110 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

His flight ring enables him to go at supersonic speeds in general, though he can go faster in bursts.

#111 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thor didn't really lift the Midgard serpent...And it was stated by Marvel that him and Wonder Man were class 90 back in their classic days. Its not an opinion..

What is your source?

#112 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

His flight ring enables him to go at supersonic speeds in general, though he can go faster in bursts.

Okay thanks. If Gold stays in flight then maybe he wont have as much problems. But I believe Danny has fought people with flight powers. IDK I'll check,

What is your source?

1. Midgard serpent feat? I already posted scans for why its not credible.
2. Read Marvel's Legacy 1960's Handbook that's my 'source'.

Anyways lets get back on topic, I already said I was done.

#113 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

What year is that Marvel handbook? Do you have a updated version? By the way Doomsday and Iron-fist are not on the same level Force. If Booster can survive a beating from Doomsday in two battles then he can most definitely take any damage Luke Cage gives him and put Cage down.

Also Booster's force field like what's been repeated many times were originally Brainac's. Superman level beings couldn't break them so I doubt Iron-Fist will. Doomsday breaking through them only shows you how much more powerful he is then Superman and how much power is required to break them. Not even Superman could break those shields.

#114 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

^^^^I meant to say 1960s. Yes its dated since Thor has become more stronger.

Also Gold's shields stated by me and Echo's has not withstood repeated blows from Doomsday, I remember Gold getting pummeled by DD.

And IIRC Echo's said one of his other fights with DD wasn't even a real DD IIRC. Also Iron Fist was able to knock out Hercules, Hercules who is at least on par with Superman or stronger...

#115 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Also Booster's force field like what's been repeated many times were originally Brainac's. Superman level beings couldn't break them so I doubt Iron-Fist will.

Brainiac 5, but yeah. :)

#116 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Also Gold's shields stated by me and Echo's has not withstood repeated blows from Doomsday, I remember Gold getting pummeled by DD.

Daredevil pummeled Booster Gold? Cool!

aHEM... Getting back to the shield thing. I think we're all in agreement about some basic points.

1) Doomsday broke through the shield
2) Domsday did not break through the shield on his first attempt
3) Doomsday pummled Booster Gold
4) Booster Gold survived the fight, thanks to the shield

#117 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Luke Cage vs. Booster Gold.

Luke has the potential to beat Booster. In a fist fight, Luke has an edge (not a huge one) in strength, and an edge (a much bigger one) in durability. If Booster hides behind his shield, Luke is not powerful enough to break through. The flip side to that is Booster can't attack either until he drops the shield.

Booster has the potential to beat Luke. The shield is an excellent defense and can buy him breathing room any time Luke gets an advantage. His flight ring allows him to stay out of Luke's range and his blasters, while not powerful to take Luke out with one shot, are enough to wear him down. If Booster keeps his distance and uses hit and run tactics, he can win.

This is what is called a boxer vs slugger match in boxing, two different styles, and the one who gets the pace of the fight to match his style is going to win. So it comes down to who is the the more intelligent fighter. In terms of raw intelligence, that's hard to judge but in terms of how they apply their intelligence to fighting, it's easy. Booster was a dillitante who thought it would be fun to be a superhero. He matured a lot in courage, will, and fighting ability through his career. He became a much better fighter but is still a bit of a goof-ball at heart. Luke Cage has been fighting all his life. He fought on the streets of Harlem, he fought in prison, and he fought as a superhero for hire. He is relentless, shrewd, and willing to do anything he needs to do to win. Psychologically, he is a much tougher fighter than Booster, and I believe that makes the difference.

Iron Fist vs. Booster Gold

Iron Fist has the potential to beat Booster Gold. He is much more skilled in hand to hand combat. While I don't think his normal attacks would get through Booster's suit, the suit doesn't protect his chin or the top of his head. Iron Fist has successfully fought flying opponents before (the first IIRC was Boomerang.) His tactic is to lure them close where his skills and Iron Fist can finish the fight. He is a very elusive fighter and could probably dodge Booster's blasters enough to frustrate him. Also, Booster's not really a thoughtful fighter. It he thinks he's just facing a costumed martial artist, he won't see any reason to put up his force shield. Without it, Danny can one-shot him with the iron fist.

Booster has the potential to beat Iron Fist; all he has to do is play it smart. If he doesn't get impatient, flying and firing his blasters will eventually get the job done. A flying opponent with a long range weapon has always been a real challenge for Iron Fist. If he sees the iron fist coming, his force shield will block it. Yes, Iron Fist knocked out Hercules, but cheap-shotting a drunken guy in a bar is much easier than knocking the same guy out when he's sober and fighting back. Under the circumstances, I have no doubt that Superboy or Mon El could have done the same thing. Only monsters like Doomsday and Validus have broken that shield and they clearly hit much harder than either Superman or Hercules.

In the end, this fight also comes down to tactics, but there's a difference. For Iron fist to win be has to come up with some really brilliant tactics. He can do this, but it's hard. On the other hand, for Booster to win, all he has to do is avoid making a really dumb mistake. I've got to give it to Booster.

I don't think Blue Beetle is a non-factor in the fight. Iron Fist is almost certain to beat him, but he's fast and resourceful and a good enough fighter that it won't be a quick victory. He'll make sure that Cage and Danny don't double team Booster.

I do think this goes to Cage and Iron fist, but it's close and an excellent match-up.

#118 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

^^^^I meant to say 1960s. Yes its dated since Thor has become more stronger.

And IIRC Echo's said one of his other fights with DD wasn't even a real DD IIRC. Also Iron Fist was able to knock out Hercules, Hercules who is at least on par with Superman or stronger...

Yeah umm Booster Gold fought the real Doomsday the first time the JLA fought Doomsday when he showed up and again in Flashpoint. Hercules is stronger then Superman? Yeah I don't know about that. Go look at that Superman weakness thread where we discuss how strong Superman is. Also Ironfist knocking out Hercules doesn't prove Hercules is as strong as Doomsday and can break through Booster's shields.

Yeah Booster getting pummeled by Doomsday on two occasions in two different fights and surviving both shows you how much damage he can take in a fight.

#119 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

The Sith won the vote. A good rationalization you could use would be that Sidious was able to use the force to telekinitically switch off each of the nano-components of Nimrod's body.

#120 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yeah umm Booster Gold fought the real Doomsday the first time the JLA fought Doomsday when he showed up and again in Flashpoint. Hercules is stronger then Superman? Yeah I don't know about that. Go look at that Superman weakness thread where we discuss how strong Superman is. Also Ironfist knocking out Hercules doesn't prove Hercules is as strong as Doomsday and can break through Booster's shields.

Yeah Booster getting pummeled by Doomsday on two occasions in two different fights and surviving both shows you how much damage he can take in a fight.

1. BG was getting beat badly by Doomsday.
2. I already know how strong Superman is trust me I'm a Superman fan. But Hercules being stronger than Superman is debatable and Hercules feats rivals Superman's(If you want me to post some feats than I will). And Hercules was said to be the strongest character in Marvel.
3. I believe Hercules is stronger than Doomsday especially current Hercules. Hercules is even way stronger than Thor. But I think DD would beat Hercules in a fight since he adapts.
4. I know BG can take a lot of damage but how much? Also Iron Fist has healing.

This is still a close fight though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users