11 replies to this topic

#1 HulkSmashSpammers

HulkSmashSpammers

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Litwak had just brought in a Marvel Super Heroes arcade machine. Great idea that was.

The Hulk just couldn't stay in place. Anyone that tried playing with him would start reporting that the Hulk charged off-screen and never returned. Another reported this Hulk character game-jumping repeatedly, tearing apart Tapper's bar, decimating Sugar Rush raceway, knocking out everyone in Hero's Duty, ripping the Death Star vector after vector in Star Wars Arcade, and finally, turning to Fix-It Felix Jr. 

-------------

Things were going as usual in this one. They hadn't been played yet that day. Felix was enjoying some more fresh pie with his new wife, Calhoun, as her game was put out of order, Ralph was napping in his dump, as he had gotten too anxious over the mysterious events. Things got quiet again. Then they got their player. A coin went into their slot, and Felix, Ralph, and the Nicelanders quickly assumed their rightful positions. Ralph began punching holes through the building as usual, right after angrily shouting his trademark catchphrase. Felix started fixing. Eventually, the level was beaten. Felix got a medal, and Ralph was grabbed by the Nicelanders to be thrown off. He saw the Hulk figure leaping high into the air, but he was thrown off the building before he could warn everyone. As Ralph careened toward the puddle of mud that awaited him, his fall was broken when the Hulk threw a powerful mid-air jab that knocked him through the building and into the Dump. Calhoun ran out of the building and fired at the large, green creature, but the bullets, naturally, were ineffective against his regenerating green skin. He took Calhoun by the neck and gave her an angry glare, his wrinkled face, his squinted eyes, the veins on his face. A glare so angry that it could frighten even gods. The Hulk raised his arm to spike her into the ground, only to be stopped when he felt something hitting his left ankle. It was Felix with his golden hammer.

"Lay your hands off my wife, you beast!!" he shouted, jabbing him with every ounce of strength in his small body.

The Hulk gently dropped Calhoun, who, upon landing, struggled to catch her breath. Felix felt his giant, green hand quickly grab his small body as he gave him a similar look, but angrier. Such rage, Felix, gasping for air, felt like his insides were going to burst. 

"Who does little man think he is?!" cried the Hulk. 

Felix wished he could cover his ears, if only his arms weren't caught in the Hulk's grasp.

"HULK SMASH PUNY HAT MAN!!" He bellowed as he spiked Felix into the ground, and began pounding away at him.

"FELIX!!" cried Ralph as he darted and hammered Hulk across the jaw. 

Hulk toppled over and quickly got up.

Felix was injured. How strange. Usually, he'd regenerate after an injury, as the world around him was his own, but perhaps the rules were differential if his attacker was not from his world. It would take him some more time. As Calhoun cradled poor Felix in her arms, her flashbacks of her programmed traumatic experience with her fiancée being devoured by a tremendous cybug, she began sobbing. It was blatantly obvious that he would regenerate himself, but she had never seen a man go through so much, just to protect her. She had seen a lot of men in her home game. Big men, and they never even had the courage that this little husband of hers had. 

As Ralph shed a tear from this emotional scene, he was rudely interrupted by the Hulk's fist in his face. Ralph was on the ground when another came, which this time, Ralph grabbed, and gripped it so fiercefully, the Hulk was screaming in pain. Ralph was livid. Sure, he had sounded angry in his own arcade game, but this time, he had a reason to be so furious. And a damned good one. Anyone who messed with his friends, messed with him, and those messed with him, would get wrecked. Ralph had developed a plan to finally put the Hulk away. He couldn't just capture the guy and put him back in his game. He had to wipe him out for good. He knew the only place where he could take him out the fastest.

It had worked perfectly. Ralph had the Hulk pursue him through Game Central Station, and from there, the two brutes ran to the now decimated Sugar Rush, where they met at the top of Diet Cola Mountain. There, they darted at each other, swiftly, like great, galloping horses with the strength of a thousand wrecking balls.

Who will stand proud? Who will fall to their death? The fate of two arcade games lies in the balance.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Learn More About
Wreck-It Ralph
Read more about Wreck-It Ralph at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney Links: Wikipedia Disney Wiki IMDb

The Hulk
Read more about The Hulk at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: The Incredible Hulk The Marvel Database: The Hulk Marvel.com: The Hulk

#3 iceeater24

iceeater24

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Movies,sports,and other stuff.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hulk for sure.

#4 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wow, this is very interesting and good set up. Actually I don't know who wins. Marvel Super Heroes Arcade Game(I'm assuming is the game that is vs. Like You can pin Hulk against Spider-man....I loved that game) Anyone in the game you can beat Hulk. So, I'm assuming his durablity isn't on par with his comic counterpart. WIth that being said, I think Ralph and hurt him. Now as for Hulk's strength gaming wise can get a comic from orbit right or a huge rock and come down like a comet on top of his oppoent (It's one of his many moves in the game and Marvel vs Capcom cames). But Ralph did chuck a rock and crack the glass sceen, which I'm assuming is very very far because it's in the sky. Lol. As for strength I'll give it to Hulk but I think Ralph can win if he can outsmart Hulk but I don't know if the game Hulk is stronger than his comic counterpart.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

From the little I've seen, game Hulk is much weaker and much less durable than his comic counterpart. Hos blows to weaker characters in the game don't do that much damage. Still, not actually having played Marvel vs. Capcom or seen Wreck it Ralph, I have to leave this to others.

Very cool idea for a set up.

#6 HulkSmashSpammers

HulkSmashSpammers

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

From the little I've seen, game Hulk is much weaker and much less durable than his comic counterpart. Hos blows to weaker characters in the game don't do that much damage. Still, not actually having played Marvel vs. Capcom or seen Wreck it Ralph, I have to leave this to others.

Very cool idea for a set up.

Thanks, man! The reason why I used Marvel Super Heroes rather than MvC was actually because I thought the idea of two arcade games featuring Ryu would be a little strange. Two Ryus? Umm...so yeah. That's why there's a Marvel Super Heroes instead. Thanks so much for your feedback! :-)

#7 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah videogame hulk probably not as powerful, but i think he'd be more than a match for poor Ralph.

Too bad they can't have a smashing contest instead. "I'm gonna wreck it!" "Hulk smash!"

#8 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

It's implied that in the games that the characters only act otherwise they might get unplugged. So maybe outside the game Hulk is a nice guy like Ralph?

But this obviously isn't the case. While Hulk may be weaker than his comic counterpart, he still beats Ralph with relative ease.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Excellent setup and Ralph wins. Ralph seems to know he won't be Hulk in a fight. So he will probably result to outsmarting him for the win and using another game elsewhere to find something to beat Hulk with.

#10 ZeroAccess

ZeroAccess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Riding Motorcycles, Reading, Couple television shows such as Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Elementary,etc, Programming Android Devices (learning)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's implied that in the games that the characters only act otherwise they might get unplugged. So maybe outside the game Hulk is a nice guy like Ralph?

If you notice he mentions that Hulk leaves his game and rampages in other games so basically this sounds like savage hulk.

Wreck It Ralph is my new favorite movie of the month or whatever and Hulk is just well Hulk so this is a really difficult fight for me.

If they would had stayed in Fix it Felix, Ralph would had won no questions. It just depends on how durable Hulks skin is. You mentioned the bullets not affecting him. On the Diet Cola Mountain however I wonder if the hot springs would be enough to take Hulk out. With not knowing the area I can see Hulk performing a Hulk smash and blowing the entire mountain up.

We don't know Ralph's strength either, he's fairly durable he gets thrown from what appears to be a large building and lands on the ground with nothing more than a thud. I'm going to give this to Ralph based on where they're fighting.

#11 HulkSmashSpammers

HulkSmashSpammers

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

If you notice he mentions that Hulk leaves his game and rampages in other games so basically this sounds like savage hulk.

Wreck It Ralph is my new favorite movie of the month or whatever and Hulk is just well Hulk so this is a really difficult fight for me.

If they would had stayed in Fix it Felix, Ralph would had won no questions. It just depends on how durable Hulks skin is. You mentioned the bullets not affecting him. On the Diet Cola Mountain however I wonder if the hot springs would be enough to take Hulk out. With not knowing the area I can see Hulk performing a Hulk smash and blowing the entire mountain up.

We don't know Ralph's strength either, he's fairly durable he gets thrown from what appears to be a large building and lands on the ground with nothing more than a thud. I'm going to give this to Ralph based on where they're fighting.

Well, Ralph goes to Diet Cola Mountain rather than stay in the game, because the Hot Springs are more of a hazard he can use to make sure that he's gone for good, seeing how the Hulk would just land on his feet like a cat if he fell off the building. The Hot Springs are basically like the Dip from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hulk is still a video game character and he doesn't have the strength he does in the comics in Marvel Super Heroes. The Hot Springs will definitely get rid of Hulk. If not that he has plenty of other games to go to that have all sort of powerups and weapons.

#13 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
A Great idea and well done concept
A I have an army-We have a Hulk
B
SCORE
Wreck-It Ralph: 8
The Hulk: 15
FPA: 3.8

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wreck-It Ralph, The Incredible Hulk, HulkSmashSpammers, Fix-It Felix Jr., Arcade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users