57 replies to this topic

#41 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Good set-up and Challenge entry, Darxeth.

Since Sabretooth's been at many different levels of strength and healing ability, and, IIRC, has had adamantium placed on and removed from his bones a couple of times, I'm almost surprised no one's asked these simple questions yet and stopped assuming: Exactly what level of strength, healing, etc. is Sabretooth here, and is his skeleton laced with adamantium?

In this set-up, Sabretooth has Adamantium-laced bones and can lift around 3-6 tons.
His healing is similar to how it was in the mid 90's.

#42 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Alright, then, in that case, Spider-Man eventually wins, but I don't think he'll kill Creed. He's a bit too strong, and more importantly, too quick for Sabretooth and has his Spider-Sense. Also, as mentioned, Pete almost always seems to fight his best when he's angry. Spidey might get tagged with Creed's claws at least once, but in the end, I could see him knocking/hitting Sabretooth from a very high height. Spidey will look away thinking Creed's dead, then be surprised to see him gone next time he looks that way. Creed's a savage, but he usually recognizes when he's overmatched, and will make a getaway as soon as he heals back to consciousness.

#43 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Just noticed this.

http://media.comicvi...r_man190_21.jpg

He was angry but I don't think that impaired his thinking.

IIRC, and as implied by his dialogue, Rhino wasn't even looking for a fight and was basically letting Spidey wail on him. Not sure this should really count here.

#44 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just noticed this.

IIRC, and as implied by his dialogue, Rhino wasn't even looking for a fight and was basically letting Spidey wail on him. Not sure this should really count here.

Thanks for the feedback and for also pointing that out.

I wasn't sure if I should include it but I did anyway. heh.

#45 Oltobaz

Oltobaz

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

While Sabretooth has been at different levels of strength, one thing tend to remain consistent: he's stronger than Wolverine, but not by a huge margin. Spidey is definitely stronger!

#46 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
A
A
A
F Kain
B Interesting story!
SCORE
Spider-Man: 30
Sabretooth: 8
FPA: 3.2

#47 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Damn... Thirty votes for Spidey? Where did they come from?

-Rakai'Thwei

#48 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Im actually surprised to see an f..

#49 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Im actually surprised to see an f..

You and me both, considering on who it's from.

-Rakai'Thwei

#50 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hm. I'll guess I'll have to work harder to avoid F's.

Kain, I will impress you with my writing one day!

*shakes fist at the sky*

lol but overall, I received better grades than I thought I would.

Thanks guys! :]

#51 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

not sure but I dont think Kain would have given you and F. He is normally a little more forgiving even if the set up sucks.

Its a conspiracy. :P

Could be wrong but I think someone is just trying to make him look bad. You had a pretty good set up. If I could vote, youd have gotten another A

#52 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

not sure but I dont think Kain would have given you and F. He is normally a little more forgiving even if the set up sucks.

Its a conspiracy.

If it isn't Kain, hopefully he would tell me. (If he notices this match, anyway)

But it doesn't matter, I'll just have to try harder next time.

#53 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Talked to Kain. It's not his vote. Someone lied :P

#54 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Another weird "F" grade and the giver co-signing as someone else?

Okay... in due time...

#55 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I have an idea who it is, but I'm going to keep my suspicions to myself.. for now.

#56 DocSavage

DocSavage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Cage is roughly in the same strength class as Spider-man. He beat Sabertooth with relative easy. Some of that was because Creed's claws couldn't pierce his super-dense skin, but he was also clearly stronger.
755636-92490_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_1
755637-92501_power_man_6_iron_fist_084_2
755638-92514_power_man_3_iron_fist_084_2
755639-92519_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_2

He's a powerful fighter but only mildly superhuman. He's a good match for Wolverine, Captain America, and people in this weight class. Against Spider-man he can put up a good fight, but it'll be a losing one unless he has some sort of equalizer.

This was also written by then regular writer of Power Man and Iron Fist, Mary Jo Duffy.  When it came to the characters portrayals, she was stuck in a mindset that Cage was durable enough to tank the Iron Fist, and actually had Danny himself point out that he could never defeat Cage in a fight.

Even after Claremont was involved in a story where Danny takes out Warhawk without using the Iron Fist, she writers her own story where Warhawk gets right up from it, then promptly beats him down, and later Cage overpowers him.

Aside from her interpretation of the characters power levels, I personally didn't think she was a very good writer.  But she was the one keeping the ship afloat, until power players like Priest, Busiek, or Claremont gave their contributions..

#57 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

-cut-

Welcome to electricferret, DocSavage. It's good to see you're trying to get into the conversation. The one on this match, however, ended over a month and a half ago, so if you want to continue it, it might be best if you start a fresh topic on the matter. 

#58 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Aside from her power portrayals? You think Luke Cage should be that far up in comparison to Rand? Rand's knocked Cage out with the Iron Fist before, I think it should be a hard fight for him, but one that he can consistently win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users