• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Well, he hasn't really faced anything similar to a Predator, but he's got quite a lot of experience with all manner of creatures-- mutated scorpions and heavily-armored crustaceans (Mirelurks), zombie-like humans mutated by radiation (ghouls), hulking, sentient mutants that're capable of tanking bullets (including a certain building-sized variant that takes missile launchers to the face without flinching), giant apex predators that tend to murder entire squads of the aforementioned mutants (Deathclaws), aliens armed with extremely advanced weaponry that tend to disintegrate most things with 1-2 blasts, and the genocidal remnants of the pre-war government, armed with some of the finest tech available on Earth.

And @Legacy, assuming this is a decently-leveled Wanderer and not some noob out of the Vault (I'm assuming he's got to be experienced considering the setup mentions quests that aren't available until very late in the game), his weapons really aren't inaccurate at all (plus, even if they were, he's got VATS which compensates for that), and he isn't slow or lumbering thanks to a high Agility skill. The hydraulics in the T-51b armor give him superhuman strength, as well.

All in all, I think VATS is what'll let the Wanderer take the win here. It will slow down time for him and allow him to put the Yautja down with a few well-placed shots from the Alien Blaster. The addition of Fawkes and Dogmeat will help things along.

Also, LuisLim, here are some links to the creatures and factions the Wanderer fights throughout the Wasteland, just to give you a better idea of his experience range.

http://fallout.wikia...out_3_creatures
http://fallout.wikia...lout_3_factions
http://fallout.wikia...s_and_computers

And here's a link to the armor he's using. http://fallout.wikia...51b_power_armor

#22 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

@AVP: Thanks for the help with the links, brah. And not a half bad description of what the Lone Wanderer has fought. I'd also wonder if the enviroment might play a key role in the outcome of this match.

#23 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Has the Wanderer in the games ever beat anything close to a Yautja's level?

Well He/She has went up against Deathclaws and they're really powerful..They can physically easily kill a Yautja.

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Fawkes would totally bitchslap a Yautja with his Super Sledge.

#25 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wait, I didn't even see the Alien Blaster. Yeah, the Predator's dead.

#26 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Alright, after doing some research, I think that the Lone Wanderer and crew can take down this Yautja, but the Predator could also take them out almost as easily if he manages to get off at least one Smart Disk. The Predator's rank could also be a factor in this fight.

#27 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Wanderer could shoot the smart disc out of the air with VATS. He tends to do so with missiles.

#28 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hmmm... well in that case, with an explosive weapon, this "VATS" can possibly at the very least knock the smart disc(s) off course. Not sure if they can destroy them, though. It may depend on the grade of dlex the disc is made of for the latter.

#29 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Pretty sure Alien Blaster would eff em up.

#30 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B Methos
A
B Very good story. Matchup probably would've been slightly more compelling if the Predator had his cloaking, though.
D Kind of hard to read considering how some of your paragraphs aren't really broken up. Also you need to be specific about what exactly KINDS of weapons, or rather the grade of material and type of weapons one character has in comparison over the other.
SCORE
Test Character Zero: 7
Predator: 15
FPA: 2.8

#31 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Wait, how in the hell was he not specific about the weapons? He posted links to every one, what else could he freaking do?

#32 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, kind of a stupid reason to give him a bad grade. The paragraphing I can understand, but it doesn't warrant a D.

#33 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

That D belongs to Rakai.

I'm actually certain of it.

#34 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Wait, how in the hell was he not specific about the weapons?

Taking the time to actually dignify Echo's posts here, even though I probably shouldn't as I had him on ignore..

I was refering to the Predator weapons, I should've been more specific regarding that particular part. I felt as if he should've been specific about what particular type of grade of weapons which this Predator had. I mean he wasn't very specific if they were low grade, medium grade, high grade, or plasma grade Dlex. There were simply way too many open ends there. The same could've been said about what kind of grade and type set of armor which this one Hunter was wearing too and what rank this Hunter was as well.

I would've given him a C had he actually listed exactly a few more specifics regarding the Hunter in question. While he did actually list down the specific weapons which Lone Wanderer had, he didn't say exactly what specific type of weapons grade and armor the Hunter had. There was insufficient information and instead a general assumption.

Even DSkillz said that we weren't left with information on what type of material the weapons were made from.

In short, there was plenty of information for the Lone Wanderer but insufficient information on ND's Predator as far as weapons and armor-- even rank were concerned.

-Rakai'Thwei

#35 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

How the heck did this match get a bad grade? The setup was good...

#36 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

How the heck did this match get a bad grade? The setup was good...

There wasn't sufficient information on the Hunter in question in order to properly reach a conclusion for a deciding factor. If we are to really reach a conclusion about certain factors regarding match ups, then sufficient information on both sides needs to be addressed in order to reach a decisive conclusion. ND's set up was good, he put a lot of effort into it but he needs to learn to fix his formatting and needs to place sufficient information down for both contestants in the future.

-Rakai'Thwei

#37 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Cant say im too happy but thanks for at least explaning why. Ah well

#38 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

He does say in the set-up that the Predator is of Warrior rank, and that would typically mean he possesses medium-grade Dlex, correct?

#39 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

He does say in the set-up that the Predator is of Warrior rank, and that would typically mean he possesses medium-grade Dlex, correct?

The rank of Warrior was mentioned, however that rank is actually in the mid-high range in the Yautja social ladder as well as experience. These type of Yautja are significantly more experienced than your run of the mill blooded warrior.

The level of the grade of Dlex however was not mentioned, nor was the type of set of armor that was mentioned either. Warriors are eligiable for high grade Dlex armoring or ceremonial armoring-- depending on their choosing. The same applies for weapons.

-Rakai'Thwei

#40 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

The Funny thing is: You posted a total of three times before the end of this match.

You read his set up.

It never occurred to you to ask seeing as you're clearly the de facto expert/fan on all things Yautja?

Instead it's a writing critique... and I feel as if the question was gone without as to give justification for the grade.

Hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users