#1 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Unnamed town, near The Mall
(TEST CHARACTER ZERO IS REPRESENTING THE LONE WANDERER FROM FALLOUT 3)
A full moon cast dim, blue light over a broken landscape. The sky was crystal clear, not a cloud to be seen, and the stars seemed like diamonds, reflecting the white light that seemed to radiate off of the lunar body like actual radiation off of a glowing pile of toxic waste. Perhaps that's a macabre metaphor, but it fits rather well in this hellhole-no rather MY hellhole.
You probably don’t know who I am. Or the things I've done, and places I've been and the titles I've been entitled. To the people of this dump better known as The Capitol Wasteland, I'm known as the Lone Wanderer from Vault 101. It’s stuck with me so long, that no matter where I go if I see a friendly face, it’s always ‘The Lone Wanderer’ and sometimes, I even forget part of my REAL name. The real story though is a sad one, but the last thing I want from anyone is pity. Anyway, the story goes like this: I was just like any other kid growing up in the Vaults. Sure, there were some bullies of course but they didn’t bother me too much. The rest of my life from then on was ‘okay’. That is, well until the day. What is so special about this day though, Lone Wanderer? Well, it was the fateful day my father left the vault and left me his wayward, confused son to escape from the vault and follow him out into a broken and deadly land. From there, I proceeded to save the wasteland and every person in it by nearly sacrificing myself to clean the waters of the world. Not bad for an eighteen year old boy from Vault 101, eh?
My name, my ultimate title of all my titles, "The Lone Wanderer," has always been something of an enigma to me. Undoubtedly, it refers to my being alone when I stepped out of Vault 101. I almost wasn't. My dearest friend growing up, Amata Almodovar, daughter of the vault's overseer, almost came with me. I was pained that she wouldn't leave with me after helping me escape, but I accepted it. Before, I even acquired the title, I already knew that for a while I’d be on my own, and in all honesty? I was perfectly fine with that, as long as I found my dad..
And, being a ‘hero’ ain’t what it’s all cracked up to be either. If for one reason, I say it, it would have to be because even when I returned to the vault after so much time and saved it from a great depression that had taken it over after the wake of my and my father's leaving, I was still not allowed to return. In respect to my friend, and perhaps my first love, I left without another word of protest. On that day, I had not felt any lonelier than ever before.

But now I sit upon the dirty ground near a burning fire, underneath a blanket of stars and anything but alone. Every night I make camp with my comrades, and sit with them and eat. We talk, we laugh, and for a while, we forget about the horrors that tomorrow will bring. A raider attack? A roving band of super mutants? Or just some random abomination wandering the wastes, killing all that moves?
I accept that the people of the wasteland know me as the Lone Wanderer, and call me as such when recounting tales of my amazing exploits and adventures. The ever-charismatic Three Dog certainly has made a new hobby out of telling my fable over his radio station, Galaxy News. I also provide protection to him if he ever needs it and although some of what he says is just mostly telling people to support me, I’ve also learned a lot about my enemies from him. What, I mean by that is he mentions some of the bad guys I fight. But, I’d better stop before I ramble on about Three Dog too much.

But while I accept the name, I don't call myself that. How could I, when I travel with so many followers who have each saved my life more than once? Every night, when we stop our travels and set up camp for the night, I can do nothing but sit and listen to them. Growing up, I was always a quiet and polite child, rarely speaking but often listening and observing. I find myself doing the same every night in the wasteland, surrounded by my friends, each of them an individual I've learned to trust my life with. Though, whenever I meet someone who doesn’t know me if for whatever reason, they usually come around and call me ‘The Lone Wanderer’ or that ‘kid from vault 101’.
Anyway, always sitting by my side and faithfully following me is man's best friend, Dogmeat. I can't quite remember my reasoning behind his name, but it stuck. Dogmeat has always been an extension of what makes me, me: quiet, faithful and strong. He was the first true companion I made in the wasteland, having come upon him in a junkyard, under attack by a group of raiders. I saw it from a distance, and ran quickly to save him. My surprise could not have been larger when I came upon a dead group of raiders, with a panting and bloody dog in the center of them.
I approached slowly, and he whined, moving towards me at an equal speed. His ears low and his head bent, I urged him over and fed him some cooked iguana bits. He happily panted and let me pet him. I spoke soothingly and reassuringly, and ever since then we've been together. He's more than a guardian watchdog, he's a friend. Though we don't speak, a million words are reflected in his eyes.

Dogmeat has always been the most loyal and unquestioning companion I'll ever know. Quick to jump right in front of a Deathclaw's swiping hand or charge right into a nest of raiders, it's always been amazing to me how much abuse he's willing to take at my expense. I feel like I'll never be able to repay his loyalty with enough kindness on my part.
Patrolling the outskirts of our encampment every night was probably one of my most loyal and probably loud mouth companions, funny considering what he really was.
Sergeant RL-3 was the name. A Mister Gutsy unit I bought from a robot dealer outside of a RobCo factory. The Sergeant liked me right away, and began referring to me as a general as soon as I bought him. RL-3 came equipped with a plasma rifle, a flamethrower, and a personality geared towards the murder of all communists. He's one of the funniest robots I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, and has always been quick to follow my orders.
Then, there was Fawkes. Good old Fawkes helped me out of a lot of sticky situations and probably saved me from being squashed by another Super Mutant who sadly aren’t as friendly or as smart as my pal Fawkes is. Fawkes agreed to come with me, and has since become a welcome, if not still frightening, member of the team. A few members have shown distrust and to him and discrimination when it comes to his race and his kind, but after our time together, many in the group now accept him for who he is, an individual and not a freak. Fawkes often speaks of pre-war history he had read about on the computers in Vault 87, but never speaks of his past life. It's a mystery I hope to solve one day, with support and friendship.
We all show kindness to him, well, most of us, and Moira Brown from Megaton, the cheery and bright woman she is, took his measurements and made a perfectly-fitting jumpsuit for him. It helped him feel more normal, and our kindness is repaid by both his keen intellect and his prowess in battle. To repay Moira, he spent some time with her for her research. Fawkes did not like the idea of being a guinea pig, but put up with it.

Now, it’s getting late so I should probably wrap this up. I know it probably won’t get to you but I thought it’d be a good thought exercise.
-Love you Amata, wish you could have let me stay-

“Haha! I do believe that was probably one of the most touching of your journal entries my friend! I am certain that your friend Amata will respond to this one. Though..Perhaps we shouldn’t get our hopes up too high.”, Fawkes said recalling how all of the Lone Wanderer’s journal entries before hand had gotten ignored and he never got anything back from Amata. Sgt.RL-3 on the other hand would comment while patrolling.
“Bah! Women are only walking distractions-only difference is that they got a pair of tits. You don’t need them weighing you down.” He’d suggest as Dogmeat barked wanting to let the Lone Wanderer think.
“Well, gee thanks Sarge. You know, I’m happy you’re just a robot because I’d hate to see you try to talk to ladies with that kind of attitude. ‘Hey there, you’re an awfully lovely looking walking distraction. Your tits aren’t half bad either.” He said dismissively as Fawkes shook his head and scoffed.
“As a gentleman…I see that type of talk regarding females quite…barbaric! We must also remember what this young woman means to young T-“Fawkes would stop as The Lone Wanderer glanced up at him with a look that said ‘please, just stop’. The super mutant would nod.
“Well, now that my personal life or what’s left of it anyway is done being the topic of discussion of tonight, I think we should probably just get some sleep..Got a busy day tomorrow. “ The Lone Wanderer stated as he laid down and Dogmeat licked his face before laying down next to him. Smiling, the eighteen year old pet his faithful canine companion.
And as he did so, the LW truly noticed his situation, , surrounded by friends and companions, followers and fighters all, looking upon all the people who have come to care for him, especially Dogmeat. He tore his gaze away from the moon, the stars, the fire, to look at his Pip-Boy. Wedged in-between a metal gap is a photo of Amata, smiling contentedly. It was taken and given to him long before he had left the vault, before he ended up in the confusing and difficult life that he was now living.
He looked upon her picture, and then he realized why he was known as the Lone Wanderer.
Because I am alone.
Perhaps Dogmeat could sense what was feeling, and so when Dogmeat whined, he pet him and fed him some squirrel bits from the stew that he had been enjoying.
"It's okay boy. I'm okay. Don't worry," I whispered to him.
I looked up at the moon.
"I'll be okay."

---Meanwhile, nearby our four heroes location.—-
"Blast it! Stay hidden and don't try anything stupid!" an alien shouted as he corralled the prisoner into the cell as the field came up behind him. The prisoner was a member of the race known as the Yajuta or ‘The Predators’. This one’s name was Khz’Sir and he was of the warrior rank. He had been finally captured by these aliens who after having learned that a mere disgusting human had killed all of their brethren upon another ship, that had been watching Earth for quite some time, Khz’Sir killing some of their finest warriors looking for a challenge was the straw that broke the alien camel’s back and so, they sent their best ships to track down and finally capture the bastard. But, he didn’t go down easily. He killed at least 30 out of the 50 they had sent to capture him. But, now he was weaponless and at their mercy. Or so they thought. Once the guard left after Khz’Sir was locked up, the predator looked around his cell and ripping the ‘bed’ that they provided, he jammed it in the gate which would short circuit it and soon, it’d vanish altogether. The alarm would quickly sound and keeping the metal bed in his grasp, he swung it with all his strength downwards upon one of the incoming alien’s heads smashing the helmet and splattering their brains all over the back of the bed. As the corpse fell to the floor with a sickening thud, Khz’Sir ran off as he wanted to find his weapons and not be stuck fighting his captors with nothing but a bed.

Soon, he’d kill enough aliens that the Captain himself along with the second in command set out to take him down once and for all armed with alien blasters and alien rifles. While he had slaughtered a good part of the crew already, the two aliens weren’t scared or if they were they did an excellent job at hiding it.
"Come out and face us. Or we’ll hunt you down like the savage that you act as!"The Captain yelled to Khz’Sir in a displeased tone. The second in command frowned, "Captain? Perhaps, it’d be better if we simply waited for him to show himself instead o-", The second in command would be cut off as a thud was heard around the corner and the two would run there and be revolted at what they saw: There brothers laying there skinned and their helmets cracked.

“That ruthless..When we find him, I’ll-“The Captain started before he saw a figure greatly resembling the Yajuta appear at the end of the hallway and gulping the two aliens turned tail and started to run, hoping to reach the ship’s main bridge before Khz’Sir caught up to them.
The doors parted to the sides as the two aliens rushed through and quickly yelled in their own language for the doors to close so that the prisoner would not get through and get THEM. But, Khz’Sir was one step ahead of them and as the doors attempted to close, he placed his hands out and although it strained him the aliens could only watch in horror as the servos in the door eventually gave out and opened up as Khz’Sir cracked his knuckles as he glared at his captors who screeched at the pilots of the ship to do something. But, it’d soon turn into a slaughter as Khz’Sir was more than agile enough to avoid the alien’s weaponry and usually it only took one punch to kill one of them. But, as he stood looking at the broken and battered corpses that lay before him, he braced for impact as the last pilot of the ship had decided he’d rather die than be killed by some primitive barbarian. Khz'Sir simply closed his eyes and hoped for the best..

Meanwhile back on Earth...

“Okay, so the thing is RL-3, I can’t just ‘whip it out and slap her in the face’. I mean, some of the soldiers that worked with you might have said back in the old days. But I’m not them.” The Lone Wanderer said explaining for the fifth time why he couldn’t just do that to set the hostile women he encountered. But, then he’d glance up to something apparently falling from the sky and very fast. Before he could ask what the heck that was, Fawkes had already picked him up over his shoulder and was running to cover as fast as he could, with Dogmeat and RL-3 not too far behind.

*BOOM!*

The ship hit the ground at a tremendous speed, causing a part of it to break off and land a couple of feet away from the main ship. Once the smoke cleared, the main door of the ship was kicked open by Khz’Sir who had seemingly managed to survive the crash landing and had also acquired his equipment back again. Stepping off onto the ground, he’d glance around at the various buildings around him, looking much worse for wear as well as trenches dug in the middle of the street. Being curious, but motioning for the others to follow him in case things should go south, he slipped on his T-51b armor and slinging his Laser Rifle over his shoulder, he slowly made his way out towards the strange figure waving his arms to show he posed no threat. But, catching sight of the armored being, Khz’Sir wasn’t having it and turning the plasma caster on his shoulder, it fired barely missing The Lone Wanderer instead nailing Sgt RL-3 knocking him to the ground and damaging his systems.
“RL-3! You bastard, just who or what ARE you?!” The Lone Wanderer demanded as Khz’Sir didn’t answer and simply turned the plasma caster to aim it at him, but before he could fire, he had to retreat as a flurry of lasers flew at him, though one would manage to hit him and damage his cloak. Glancing over, he’d let out a sigh of relief as Fawkes and Dogmeat had come to his aid.
“I know not of what manner of creature this strange fellow is. But we must stop him, for if he is cruel enough to attack and damage one of our comrades for no reason, then who knows what else it might do! Come, my young friend! We shall take on this foe together!”, The friendly Super mutant proclaimed as The Lone Wanderer nodded and pulling out the Laser rifle, he’d nod. “And here I thought I’d never have to see any aliens ever again.” Meanwhile, as Fawkes’s fury subsided, Khz’Sir discarded his ruined cloak and got ready for what might be the first real challenge in a long time.
Okay! It’s a battle at The National Mall with Khz’Sir(a yajuta made up just for this fight):a warrior armed with four smartdiscs, his plasma caster, his dlex armor, combi-staff and wristblade
Vs
The Lone Wanderer armed with the Fat Man, Laser Rifle,10mm Pistol, Chinese Assault Rifle, Hunting Rifle, The Terrible Shotgun, alien pistol, shisikebab, and has eight stimpacks. He is also wearing T-51B Power Armor.
Fawkes armed with the Gatling Laser gun and four stimpacks.
Dogmeat whose well…a dog. A tough one though.
The battle is to the death, seeing as how Khz’Sir wants to see if he can get a challenge out of these three.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Learn More About
Test Character Zero
Official Site: Nobody Links: Site Three Site Two Site One

Predator
Read more about Predator at Wikipedia
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Planet AVP Fox Movies

#3 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image
Area looks like that.

#4 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Was the penis in the ground intentional I wonder?

As for the match. One shot from the Fat Man. Game.

#5 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Was the penis in the ground intentional I wonder?

As for the match. One shot from the Fat Man. Game.

Lol, actually never noticed that.

And, eh right off the bat?

#6 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Really nice setup, ND. Pretty much the only negative thing I can really say about it is the formatting, and I liked your characterization of the Lone Wanderer. An A from me.

As for the fight, I think the Lone Wanderer can take the Predator down, albeit with difficulty. I don't know if he'll break out the Fat Man straight away, and the Yautja might be agile enough to get out of the center of the blast radius if he does, but I think the combination of his advanced weaponry (his bullet-based guns might not do much, but I'd wager the laser rifle will damage the Yautja, and Fawkes could probably go toe-to-toe with the Predator in close combat with his super sledge, plus he has his Gatling Gun), armor and his own high level of skill with firearms will give him the win.

And like I said in chat earlier, I think the T-51b armor can definitely take quite a few plasma caster shots before the Wanderer starts taking any severe damage. Enclave weaponry is plasma-based, and T-51b armor basically tanks those weapons.

They might lose Dogmeat, though. :( That dog was tough as hell, but it was still just a dog. An irradiated, partially-mutated bullet sponge of a dog, but a dog nonetheless.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

....Learn to break up your paragraphs.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Learn not to be an asshole, k? Unless of course you actually have something to contribute to my match like AVP and Force Echo did. If not? Then, well the back arrow is always there. :)

#9 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Learn not to be an asshole, k?

Actually, it's a writing critique you should take into consideration. It makes things more spaced out and easier to read.

-Rakai'Thwei

#10 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Actually, it's a writing critique you should take into consideration. It makes things more spaced out and easier to read.

-Rakai'Thwei

I think now would be just a good time as any to say that I'm aware that the formatting looks bad-AVP even mentioned so in his post. I could go back and change it but when it's already been out and probably rated why bother? And, well I'm so quick to snap because you usually never have anything to contribute to the match itself when I use yajutas. Last time I used one with Turok, you complained about how people were using yajutas left and right. And now, you post that one line and nothing at all about the match. It's fine if perhaps you haven't played Fallout 3 so you might have no ideas to who the Lone Wanderer is.

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Nice match. Definite A...when I rate it later. If I don't forget. Also no clue about who wins. That's my one line. I'm outta here before things escalate.

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

It's fine if perhaps you haven't played Fallout 3 so you might have no ideas to who the Lone Wanderer is.

Considering that's the case here.. Yeah. I never played any of the Fallout games and probably never will.

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

K' then. Dat's fine.

#14 LuisLim

LuisLim

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I never played any of the Fallout games as well. What exactly does the Lone Wanderer bring to the table? What are his abilities?

#15 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I'm not very good at describing things in grand detail-ADHD doesn't help matters. So I'll just post a link to his various weapons:
http://fallout.wikia...tol_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...e_assault_rifle
http://fallout.wikia...errible_Shotgun
http://fallout.wikia...Man_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...ter_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...bab_(Fallout_3)

http://fallout.wikia...i/Lone_Wanderer
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

#16 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Nice setup ND7 and welcome back.

I played played my share of Fallout games(New Vegas was my favorite one) and I still don't know who wins...

#17 LuisLim

LuisLim

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'm not very good at describing things in grand detail-ADHD doesn't help matters. So I'll just post a link to his various weapons:
http://fallout.wikia...tol_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...e_assault_rifle
http://fallout.wikia...errible_Shotgun
http://fallout.wikia...Man_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...ter_(Fallout_3)
http://fallout.wikia...bab_(Fallout_3)

http://fallout.wikia...i/Lone_Wanderer
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

The weapons look nice that's for sure. Something I would keep with me in my room for zombie attacks. Heh.

The flaming sword thing could be used to combat the Yautja's Wristblades, if I remember, Rakai has mentioned that Yautja are practically invulnerable to fire or something like that.

The Alien Blaster seems to be the best bet for the Wanderer. And that Nuke weapon.

#18 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Another good set-up, ND. I'll look up Fallout gang's weaponry a bit later, but AVP and Rakai were right in that you could've used more formatting here (though Rakai maybe could've used a bit more tact).

#19 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Good set up. I give it to the Pred cause the wanderer is to slow and lumbering and his guns are not accurate enough. The smart discs are the game changer here.

#20 LuisLim

LuisLim

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Has the Wanderer in the games ever beat anything close to a Yautja's level?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users