• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

As far as I know, this hasn't really been touched upon in any threads where it'd be relevent so why the hell not.

In the leadup to the release of Injustice God's Among Us (to set that record straight, personally, it at least looks like it'll be a load of fun if you like Ed Boon/the MK team's work...which I do), Netherrealms has put up a mini-tournament with characters involved(some of which that haven't been revealed yet apparently) to see who the fans vote for as the Injustice champion.
https://injustice.dccomics.com/#

The first weeks battle has come and went with...well predictable results. As much as I was hoping Bane would win, that probably wasn't going to happen in any alternate universe if it was going by votes. However Wonder Woman vs Batman in the semi finals might bring up some interesting results, and this weeks fights look a little better: I honestly think Shazam/Captain Marvel vs The Flash might be the most debatable non-fanboy laden match they put up.

Well, the twitter feeds are a bit simplistic in their arguments so maybe there could be a discussion here as the matches come up here, as this is CBUB. Assuming this thread doesn't get trolled to death(and I know who you guys are), I figure it might be some fun. WHo knows I'll be amazed if anything awesome happens here.

*Note, given the situation, the people on this site, and a conversation I had with some friends, we oughta keep in mind(if this somehow gets legit debates about the matches going) that the implication of showing a straight fight by using the in-game footage would be that this is a head-to-head battle with little-to-no prep time for anyone. And they seem to mainly keep to Mainstream/new 52 counterparts apart from the (as of yet annouced I think) in-story reason for how one could survived getting punched into the stratosphere by Superman. But hey do what ya want, I only put the thread up....

#2 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Honestly, Wondy may be the biggest challenge to the Bat. She's often been the biggest counterpick to the Batgod. If she doesn't win this one, I espect Bats to sweep the whole thing.

#3 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Whatever the case, you can be darn sure that if it WASN'T decided by fan votes, the outcome would be pretty obvious.
Posted Image

However, knowing the desperation of Batman's fanboys it probably won't happen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DC, fighting game, bane lost, shazam vs flash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users