• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

http://www.reuters.c...E91B04820130212

What are your thoughts? Even China is angered...

#2 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

so far NK has not been able to hit us.
but i fear that they may be able to in the near future.
all we can do is pray for our country.

#3 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Do they even have missles?

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Stupid North Korea. Even China there only ally is angered at the test. They need China so they better stop acting stupid before they make things bad for themselves.

#5 Calabries

Calabries

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:John Candy, Kurt Russell and Steven Seagal films, TV Sitcoms and various other things. I used to be a Troll, I went by the names Pete/Dave/Smithers. My trademarks were to frequently use C-3PO and X-Rated language. Those days are over now and I am firmly against trolling in any form!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

I think maybe China is putting on an act, they obvoiusly would want North Korea to have nukes... maybe even Vietnam.

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Honestly, I don't see N.Korea being that big of a threat to anyone But S.Korea in the foreseeable future. They're all Bluff and Bluster, and while boasting the largest standing army, are woefully behind in terms of technology. The best tactic they have is the Zerg Rush, and even then it wouldn't work over long distances due to advances in modern weapons that would rip large bodies of troops like that apart in seconds.

The real threat to that geographical region is China. It always has been, always will be. They're a Large Expansionistic Empire (They've shown as much with their occupation of Tibet and their Claims on Taiwan), that has both the Manpower and the Technology to become a threat. Perhaps not to the US, not yet anyway. But in the next couple years-decades, if there is any sort of upsetting of the status-qua of the world, I can see China causing alot of trouble for southeast asia.

#7 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Honestly, I don't see N.Korea being that big of a threat to anyone But S.Korea in the foreseeable future. They're all Bluff and Bluster, and while boasting the largest standing army, are woefully behind in terms of technology. The best tactic they have is the Zerg Rush, and even then it wouldn't work over long distances due to advances in modern weapons that would rip large bodies of troops like that apart in seconds.

The real threat to that geographical region is China. It always has been, always will be. They're a Large Expansionistic Empire (They've shown as much with their occupation of Tibet and their Claims on Taiwan), that has both the Manpower and the Technology to become a threat. Perhaps not to the US, not yet anyway. But in the next couple years-decades, if there is any sort of upsetting of the status-qua of the world, I can see China causing alot of trouble for southeast asia.

Also don't we have missle shields?

#8 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Also don't we have missle shields?

Technically it's a three fold system of anti-ballistic missile systems. I forget the specifics, but the first and longest range reaches out even into space, with Anti-ICBM Sats. Second is a Long Range Missile system, fixed SAM sites that are designed to counter missile attacks, best annalogy I can think of is the AA sites from the old SNES game Metal Marines. And the last and shortest range system is the Patriot Missiles, which are usually vehicle mounted SAMs.

There's always alternate projects, and new R&D stuff though... I believe they might have a Jet Liner that's rigged out with a Laser to down missles at a similar range to the Second Tier Shield. And remember that Anti-Sat Missile they launched a few years back? I guess developing that system could supplament the First Tier Shield.

Plus for every project you do hear about in the news, you have to believe they have several others that they Won't tell you about.

#9 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Technically it's a three fold system of anti-ballistic missile systems. I forget the specifics, but the first and longest range reaches out even into space, with Anti-ICBM Sats. Second is a Long Range Missile system, fixed SAM sites that are designed to counter missile attacks, best annalogy I can think of is the AA sites from the old SNES game Metal Marines. And the last and shortest range system is the Patriot Missiles, which are usually vehicle mounted SAMs.

There's always alternate projects, and new R&D stuff though... I believe they might have a Jet Liner that's rigged out with a Laser to down missles at a similar range to the Second Tier Shield. And remember that Anti-Sat Missile they launched a few years back? I guess developing that system could supplament the First Tier Shield.

Plus for every project you do hear about in the news, you have to believe they have several others that they Won't tell you about.

Man..That's crazy. Thanks informing me about this.

Also I am keep hearing that they want to make satelite lasers to destroy asteroids, ever since that asteroid hit Russia.
http://www.dailymail...tect-Earth.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users