106 replies to this topic

#41 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

...I thought that was due to like downing his confidence in the process.

#42 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Black Bolt overpowering a relatively confident Gladiator in War of Kings would suggest otherwise as far as strength is concerned.

With consitant writing Black Bolt shouldn't even physically match Gladiator. I have not even seen Black Bolt exeed past 60 tons. And anyways Gladiator has not even shown he is own Supermans level let only Black Adams.

#43 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Gladiator at 100% confidence fought Thor, Quasar, and Wonder Man at the same time by himself. He has beaten Emperor Vulcan and more. At 100% confident he is close to Superman when Superman is holding back. Standard Black Adam can be hurt and it has been shown that. Powergirl, Jay Garrick, and other heroes have managed to hurt him. Namor at 100% and at his highest would be a good distraction. I already described above one way they could take down a standard Black Adam.

#44 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yeah Bolt was a Skrull in World War Hulk and Namor wasn't attacked in it because he valued Hulk as a friend and was smart enough to not piss him off. So yeah, not the entire illuminati was beaten.

#45 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Gladiator at 100% confidence fought Thor, Quasar, and Wonder Man at the same time by himself. He has beaten Emperor Vulcan and more. At 100% confident he is close to Superman when Superman is holding back. Standard Black Adam can be hurt and it has been shown that. Powergirl, Jay Garrick, and other heroes have managed to hurt him. Namor at 100% and at his highest would be a good distraction. I already described above one way they could take down a standard Black Adam.

He lost to Thor and IIRC the first time they fought Thor didn't even have his hammer, Quasar is not physically as sttronger than Black Adam, Wonder Man is not even close to Supes or Black Adam. He had trouble with Jay because Jay was faster than him, but I remember Adam landing a blow on him. Power Girl like like most Kryptonians are godlike strong and Power Girl> Wonder Man, Quasar and Vulcan in terms of physical superiority. Black Adam on the other hand has took on Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time, IIRC beat Green Lantern and took on the JSA by himself. And I believe someone stated that Gladiators confidence was downed when he fought Black Bolt.

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wonder Man? The guy who laid out Thor once? Not even close to Supes? Dunno about that.

#47 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Wonder Man? The guy who laid out Thor once? Not even close to Supes? Dunno about that.

Wonder Man is not even on the same level as he was in his classic days...Count Nefaria back in the classsic Avenger days could take on the Avengers with Thor included, now he's been nerfed and I doubt Wonder Man or Count Nefaria could match Thor physically right now.

#48 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

What proof do you have of that?

#49 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

What proof do you have of that?

Of what?

#50 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

That he's nerfed? Oh and Nefaria wasn't nerfed either.

#51 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

That he's nerfed? Oh and Nefaria wasn't nerfed either.

What I mean is the writers not making him able to solo the Avengers...Dr Strange use to be able to fight high tier Marvel characters and I would even say he was possibly around Odin's level, but now look at him.

Also you have to take into condereration that Thor holds back on people on Earth and especially when he is on the Avengers team because he can just solo every villain. That I can definitely prove. And Nefaria has not even down anything as of yet that can rival what Thor has down.

#52 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah Bolt was a Skrull in World War Hulk and Namor wasn't attacked in it because he valued Hulk as a friend and was smart enough to not piss him off. So yeah, not the entire illuminati was beaten.

Not to mention he left Xavier alone after he found out his current predicament/reasoning. Only people he pwned in WWH vs. X-Men were Xavier's students.

So really, it was more like Dr. Strange, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards out of the entirety of the (real) Illuminati that got defeated.

#53 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

While he may have been amped a little in WW3, he was holding back most of the time. Only a couple of occasions did he show his power. He even warned others that he would stop holding back if they continued. While he was amped by and extra god, he fought off every hero in DC minus 3. Without that power he could take on these five. Through his will power, he fought off manhunters telepathy.

Now this Adam is slightly weaker than the one above. He has withstood punches from superboy prime with no harm. He has magic that can rival any magic user in DC. He can move FTL. He is easily just as strong as supes. He is suppose to be impervious to physical damage. Also his will power is strong enough to resist most telepaths in DC

#54 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

What I mean is the writers not making him able to solo the Avengers...Dr Strange use to be able to fight high tier Marvel characters and I would even say he was possibly around Odin's level, but now look at him.

Also you have to take into condereration that Thor holds back on people on Earth and especially when he is on the Avengers team because he can just solo every villain. That I can definitely prove. And Nefaria has not even down anything as of yet that can rival what Thor has down.

First off, there's a difference. Strange lost his sorcerer supreme powers which nerfed him. He has since become Sorcerer Supreme again.

Um...Nefaria beat him in the past, quite easily and has not shown any "nerf", so yeah, he rivals Thor, if not superior to him.

Same with Wonder Man. He is still acknowledged to have "Sentry-level" strength in Children's Crusade, which is recent.

#55 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I was under the impression it was two entities that boosted Black Adam, not one entity.

I.e. his Wife's Death and someone else.

#56 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

First off, there's a difference. Strange lost his sorcerer supreme powers which nerfed him. He has since become Sorcerer Supreme again.

Dr Strange was nerfed well before he lost his sorcerer supreme powers. The writers nerfed him a bit because he was too powerful...

Um...Nefaria beat him in the past, quite easily and has not shown any "nerf", so yeah, he rivals Thor, if not superior to him.

Same with Wonder Man. He is still acknowledged to have "Sentry-level" strength in Children's Crusade, which is recent.

None of this touches base on when I said Thor holds back againt people on Earth or mortals to be exact. And IIRC Current Nefaria was defeated by the New Avengers and it was mostly by the hands of Ms Marvel.

Also Thor's strength>Sentry's strength and this is coming from a huge Sentry fan.

#57 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

And I recall you claiming Sentry's potential for UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What changed? :P

#58 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

...I thought that was due to like downing his confidence in the process.

If it happened that quickly, Gladiator would be the biggest lightweight in the Marvel Universe. :P

#59 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ever hear of low showings?

#60 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I was under the impression it was two entities that boosted Black Adam, not one entity.

I.e. his Wife's Death and someone else.

well technically the power he got from Isis was the power he had given here to begin with. When she died it returned to him. He was powered by a 7th god that stranglehold pointed out to me a while back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users