24 replies to this topic

#1 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

It was a perfect plan, and it was nearly complete. As his four metallic arms carried him to his prize, he smiled a smile of victory. The plan was brilliant is its simplicity. Kraven was in the city, keeping the Spider busy until it was ready. Vulture and Sandman were outside, watching the skies and the ground to assure no uninvited guests arrived to the party. Electro overloaded the museum’s security, so that Doctor Octopus himself could break in. And thanks to Mysterio’s power of illusions, they managed to get in unseen. As a matter of fact, they didn’t even need to kill anyone. Of course, they didn’t let that fact get in the way of it. A higher body count would, after all, make the Spider more reckless.

“I see him, Spider-man is swinging this way,” Vulture warned over the intercom.

“Keep him busy,” Doctor Octopus ordered, “I almost have it.”

“Understood,” Vulture said.

“Finally…” Doctor Octopus reached a metallic claw out and grabbed the glowing gem. Inside the clear, glass like, gem, appeared to be a swirling galaxy; it’s color alternated between red, pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and black. It was simply a thing a beauty, “The perfect weapon to get rid of Spider-Man once and for all.”

“This is it?” Electro asked, “You expect to defeat Spider-Man with some rock?”

“Of course not, you fool!” Octopus said, taking hold of the gem in his human hands. He could feel the power radiating from it, “This isn’t just any old rock. It will get rid of Spider-Man once and for all.”

Electro’s face told the tale, he wasn’t convinced. “Alright, what’s it do?”

Before Doctor Octopus could answer, the building rumbled as Vulture came crashing through the sky light, with Spider-Man standing on top of him. Before they hit the ground Spider-Man webbed the ceiling and swung Vulture into Mysterio. “Oh, no… It looks like I walked into a trap,” Spider-Man said sarcastically, “I had no idea Kraven was leading me somewhere. And I thought it was just coincidence when I ran into Vulture guarding this museum. Seriously Doc, you really need to get better at hiding your traps.”

Doctor Octopus laughed, “You have no idea what I’m planning you fool! Getting you here is only step one.”

“And killing me is step two?” Spider-Man asked, “Let’s see we got Vulture and Mysterio, Elctro and Ock, Kraven’s on his way… Now, would anyone kindly tell me where Sandman is? I’d prefer to get you all together before I…” His Spider Sense went off.

As Sandman attacked from above, Spider-Man webbed Electro and pulled the electrical villain toward himself as he jumped out of the way. It was reflex for Electro to try and shock him, and Spider-Man was counting on that. While Sandman ended up smothering Electro, he got a violent shock.

“Look at that, four baddies taken out in about thirty seconds,” Spider-Man smiled, “Man I’m good.” And even while he gloated, his Spider-sense warned him to avoid a spear that Kraven and thrown from the roof. But while he, he was hit hard in the back and pinned to the ground by Doctor Octopus.

“Now, to be rid of you once and for all!”

Spider-Man looked for an escape. He saw that Doctor Octopus was standing on two of his metallic arms. Webbing them together, he pulled, causing Octopus to lose his balance. The evil genius threw Spider-Man into the air, where Kraven dove to tackle him to the ground. Spider-Man webbed him at the torso and whipped him into the recovering Vulture and Mysterio.

He quickly tied them together with webbing, before turning to face the lone Doctor Octopus. “Just give up Doc. I already beat your entire team! You should probably rethink the whole ‘luring the guy who regularly kicks your butt you’ part of your plans in the future.”

Doctor Octopus laughed, “You pathetic fool, the rest of my ‘team’ is of use to me any longer. All I need it this!” he said, holding the gem in triumph.

“So, if I take that from you… That means I win, right?”

“Go ahead and try, Doctor Octopus said, striking out with a robotic arm.

Spider-man dodged, shooting out a web line. Doctor Octopus avoided the web, but it stuck to the wall. As Spider-man pulled himself forward, he shot a line to the 3 villains he had tied up. Swinging them like a flail, he intended to use them to knock Octopus out.

But Doctor Octopus swatted them away with one of his arms, causing them to land on Electro and Sandman. He then struck at Spider-man, aiming to smash the gem against the super hero’s chest. But Spider-man wrapped his claw in a web and pulled it to other members of the Sinister Six.

The gem shattered, unleashing a blinding white light. And when it cleared, the villains were gone. Spider-Man could hear police sirens blaring. “No trace of the baddies, can’t let the cops find me here. J.J.J will have a field day with this one. I’ll figure this out later.”

And as Spider-man left, he was completely unaware that his enemies were waking up in another universe.

“Where are we? What happened?” Asked Electro.

“Welcome, to angel grove…” Vulture read on a sign.

“Alright Octavious,” Kraven said, “You better start explaining.

“That gem, it was a portal to another universe. I was intending to send Spider-Man away forever. But it backfired when Spider-man smashed the gem.”

“You mean you smashed the gem,” Sandman said, “And you better have a way back!”

“Of course I don’t! There is no way back. That’s why I wanted to send Spider-Man here. But all is not lost. There is still NO Spider-Man, we can take this new city as our own! No one will stand in our way!”

But little do they know about the Power Rangers. The Sinister Six have three chances to defeat the power rangers and take over the city before plot device happens to finish it.

The first encounter, neither team has any knowledge of the other and each team has the resources they normally carry.

The second time around the rangers have whatever information they can gather from the previous battles and the Sinister Six have whatever knowledge they can gather from the first battle and from observation. They have whatever weapons and resources they can gather or create.

By the third battle, both teams have full knowledge of one and other. That have whatever weapons and resources they can gather or create.

The teams are Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, and Mysterio VS White Ranger Tommy, Black Ranger Adam, Blue Ranger Billy, Red Ranger Rocky, Yellow Ranger Aisha, and Pink Ranger Kimberly.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Learn More About
Sinister Six
Read more about Sinister Six at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Spiderfan

MIghty Morphin Power Rangers
Read more about MIghty Morphin Power Rangers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Bandai Links: MMPR Wiki entry MMPR at IMDb MMPR-Power Rangers Central

#3 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Good set-up, tom. Your idea for how the Six try to deal with Spidey is similar to a Sinister Six match I did some time back. Wonder why no one's commented yet...

As for the match, I think it would take the Rangers a third try to finally defeat the SS. It typically takes the entire Ranger team to defeat one powerful foe, and the Six have three. The SS usually don't use the best teamwork, though, so that may start to work in the Rangers' favor.

#4 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think it was a great story. I believe the Rangers will pull out the win. They have the skills, teamwork, and smarts to figure this out after a couple of conflicts already.

#5 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I was never enough of a Power Rangers fan to really get a good feel for their power level. I know that morphing increases their strength, speed and durability, but how much? Do they become twice as strong? Five times? Fifty times? And how powerful are their weapons? Enough to make spectacular explosions, but can they punch through a brick wall? A half-inch steel plate? What?

the Power Rangers wikis I've found aren't much help. They say a lot about what weapons and special attacks the rangers have, but nothing about their power level. I am starving for lack of data. :unsure:

#6 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Good set-up, tom. Your idea for how the Six try to deal with Spidey is similar to a Sinister Six match I did some time back. Wonder why no one's commented yet...

Is it? Well, great minds think a like and what not.

I never expect much traffic anymore on the rare occasion when I make a match, for whatever reason I tend not to get a lot of responses.

As for the match, I think it would take the Rangers a third try to finally defeat the SS. It typically takes the entire Ranger team to defeat one powerful foe, and the Six have three. The SS usually don't use the best teamwork, though, so that may start to work in the Rangers' favor.

I think it was a great story. I believe the Rangers will pull out the win. They have the skills, teamwork, and smarts to figure this out after a couple of conflicts already.

Thanks Legacy, always nice to have the writing appreciated.

So, my question for both of you, since you both think it will take a couple of conflicts for the Rangers to win, would the Rangers make it past the first two alive? While I did say the Sinister Six have three chances, that wasn't to mean that they couldn't end up killing the Rangers before the third encounter.

I was never enough of a Power Rangers fan to really get a good feel for their power level. I know that morphing increases their strength, speed and durability, but how much? Do they become twice as strong? Five times? Fifty times? And how powerful are their weapons? Enough to make spectacular explosions, but can they punch through a brick wall? A half-inch steel plate? What?

the Power Rangers wikis I've found aren't much help. They say a lot about what weapons and special attacks the rangers have, but nothing about their power level. I am starving for lack of data.

You know it's hard to quantify any Power Ranger strength levels, since most of their feats are shown against the monsters they fight. I'd say your best bet it to try and find some fight scenes on youtube and judge for yourself, or wait for one of the ranger fans on here who are better versed in determining that sort of thing than myself.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Excellent setup but the Rangers win all three easily. Neither of the Six can withstand the megazords and there weapons. Even without it the Rangers would still win all three. There fast and powerful enough to defeat the Six in a battle without the zords. You take there weapons which are powerful enough to take out most of the Six and the fact later on in the season they get metallic upgrade or whatever, The Rangers would win without them.

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Excellent setup but the Rangers win all three easily. Neither of the Six can withstand the megazords and there weapons. Even without it the Rangers would still win all three.

You don't think that Doc Ock could gather the resources to create something capable of dealing with the megazords? There is no time limit between the three encounters and he has whatever supplies he can get his hands on in the meantime.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ock hasn't created anything that I know of that is capable of taking down something as huge and powerful as the megazords. Even if he does the Power Rangers also have prep time and will make themselves more powerful if needed. That's if Ock and most of the Six are still alive by the third round. The Power Rangers usually destroy there enemies for good.

#10 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

With their Zords, I'd say the Rangers stomp. Without their Zords, the Six stomp.

There was a version of the Sinister Six that could possible faced a Megazord, that was the group that included the alien giant Gog.

#11 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Well to be honest the Rangers have never used there zords on normal size enemies.

As far as surviving the first 2 encounters, I think they do. They would either retreat or be called back by zordon or alpha.

It's purely speculation but it seems the rangers increase by around 10. Though I have no real idea. Some monsters easily punched through stone and metal and the rangers could normally hang with them in strength. Most times the monsters extra abilities were the rangers biggest problems.

#12 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

So maybe in the 1- ton lifting category? That makes sense to me.

I imagine that their costumed act as armor, bullet proof, resistant to energy attacks, and reducing the effect of monster punches significantly. Maybe something like a Kevlar-steel composite but much lighter weight? I can imagine it minimizing the blast of someone like Shocker or Electro to a mild stun. Does that sound about right?

#13 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

From the looks of it that could theoretically be right but who knows. I would imagine it would be a little more resistant since only one time can I remember anything actually damaging the suits.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

The Power Rangers have used there Zords on normal sized enemies. They tried using it on the Green Ranger. Also the Power Rangers' suits can take damage from energy attacks capable of destroying cities and other types of attacks. The Ranger's suits are very durability. Also unless the match is using them in the earlier seasons the Might Morphin Power Rangers got more powerful and faster. A good example would be when they got there ninja coins. In addition Zordon and Alpha can easily make enhancements to the Power Rangers' suits to increase there abilities like they did with the Metallic armor upgrade for example. The rangers have superhuman strength, reflexes, speed, and a moderately high superhuman durability. No one on the Six but Electro would put them down in a fight or be capable of harming them. Only Electro would be capable of harming them with his electric abilities and even then he would have to be at 100% to actually hurt them.

Also the Rangers have powerful weapons that could easily take out most of the Six in a battle without the zords. Their power weapons and power cannon would make short work out of most of them. Electro would be the only one capable of withstanding the attacks due to his electric abilities. Everyone but Electro is a normal human. Even Shocker would be taken out easily.

Power Cannon

Metallic Armor (Zordon could give them this again if needed)

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

#16 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

This is the original rangers from around the beginning of lord zed judging by the characters and costumes. Also the rangers using zords on normal size enemies is so rare it's only been done maybe two times

I would say strength and speed wise, they are closer to spidermans

#17 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I use the Power Rangers heavily in my arc. I've always considered them around Captain America level. The progressively get more powerful but I don't see any of them getting up to something like 10 tons. Naturally, this is just opinion.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

The Power Rangers will definitely use Zords if they really need to. The reason they didn't use Zords alot of times against normal sized enemies was not because they didn't want to but because there enemies were always enlarged. That's always been one of the many things about Power Rangers.

Speed and Strength wise there in between Captain America along with Spiderman. Durability wise there way above Spiderman.

#19 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Also the Power Rangers' suits can take damage from energy attacks capable of destroying cities and other types of attacks.

This sounds like you are saying the Rangers' uniforms are capable of shrugging off thermonuculear explosions.

#20 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

This sounds like you are saying the Rangers' uniforms are capable of shrugging off thermonuculear explosions.

Considering the conventional armed forces have been shown to be completely useless against Monsters of the Week, that might not be too far off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Power Rangers, Sinister Six, Spider-man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users