Photo

uatu vs DR Strange

who wins

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Classic Strange beat Shuma Gorath, Dormammu in his own realm,

Shuma Gorath is inferior to Crom, who seems to operate at a similar level of power to Odin. Strange beat him but only with the help of a lot of allies or because SG had a huge obvious weakness for him to exploit. In their first battle, SG tried to enter earth through the Ancient One's mind and Strange was forced to kill his master to prevent this (the Ancient One did not fight back, BTW.)

All of the victories over Dormammu that i can remember were similarly through tactics and luck, as when Dormammu was dueling Strange (and winning) but his spells keeping the Mindless Ones out of his realm crumbles and he needed strange's help to put them back up.

I'm not taking these victories away from him, but they do not provide evidence that he can beat a being like the Watcher.

made shields that could take Galactus's blasts,

When was this?

IIRC beat a starvining Galactus,

If you're talking about Fantastic Four #243, Strange was one of many superheroes (including the FF and the Avengers) who fought a severely weakened Galactus and won. While he played an important role in the battle, but you really can't use that to say he beat Galactus.

IIRC saved Eternity, beat In-Betweener,

He did save Eternity from Nightmare. I can't say much about that because I haven't read the story, but Strange did have the help of Juggernaut. Also, though kidnapping Eternity is a serious feat, Nightmare is not as powerful as Shuma Gorath or Dormammu, let alone the Watcher.

And you could say that he beat In-Betweener, but only by tattling on him. Strange called the IB's behavior to the attention of his masters, Lord Chaos and Master Order and they imprisoned him.

escaped death twice, survived a fight against the living tribunal, meet up with TOAA 3 times and more...

He is good at escaping Death, though he never did anything like beat the personification of Death in a fight. He did survive meeting the Tribunal, though that was because the Tribunal chose not to kill him. His victory there had nothing to do with power; he successfully argued that there was the potential for good in humanity and persuaded the Tribunal not to wipe them out.

Back in his classic days Dr Strange was one of Marvel's most powerful character.

I agree, he was certainly one of earth's most powerful heroes, and he met many of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. But he hasn't beaten the really powerful ones and his meetings with them always made it clear how much more powerful they were than him.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Some decent combat-related feats for Uatu would help.

#23 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Classic Strange beat Shuma Gorath, Dormammu in his own realm,

Shuma Gorath is inferior to Crom, who seems to operate at a similar level of power to Odin. Strange beat him but only with the help of a lot of allies or because SG had a huge obvious weakness for him to exploit. In their first battle, SG tried to enter earth through the Ancient One's mind and Strange was forced to kill his master to prevent this (the Ancient One did not fight back, BTW.)

All of the victories over Dormammu that i can remember were similarly through tactics and luck, as when Dormammu was dueling Strange (and winning) but his spells keeping the Mindless Ones out of his realm crumbles and he needed strange's help to put them back up.

I'm not taking these victories away from him, but they do not provide evidence that he can beat a being like the Watcher.

made shields that could take Galactus's blasts,

When was this?

IIRC beat a starvining Galactus,

If you're talking about Fantastic Four #243, Strange was one of many superheroes (including the FF and the Avengers) who fought a severely weakened Galactus and won. While he played an important role in the battle, but you really can't use that to say he beat Galactus.

IIRC saved Eternity, beat In-Betweener,

He did save Eternity from Nightmare. I can't say much about that because I haven't read the story, but Strange did have the help of Juggernaut. Also, though kidnapping Eternity is a serious feat, Nightmare is not as powerful as Shuma Gorath or Dormammu, let alone the Watcher.

And you could say that he beat In-Betweener, but only by tattling on him. Strange called the IB's behavior to the attention of his masters, Lord Chaos and Master Order and they imprisoned him.

escaped death twice, survived a fight against the living tribunal, meet up with TOAA 3 times and more...

He is good at escaping Death, though he never did anything like beat the personification of Death in a fight. He did survive meeting the Tribunal, though that was because the Tribunal chose not to kill him. His victory there had nothing to do with power; he successfully argued that there was the potential for good in humanity and persuaded the Tribunal not to wipe them out.

Back in his classic days Dr Strange was one of Marvel's most powerful character.

I agree, he was certainly one of earth's most powerful heroes, and he met many of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. But he hasn't beaten the really powerful ones and his meetings with them always made it clear how much more powerful they were than him.

1. SG is omnipotent in his realm and no one has shown me what Watcher could do in combat...
2. Right here....Posted Image

3. Actually he was the main one he hurt Galactus because he did a spell..

4. IIRC back than Nightmare was around Eternity's level. I am not saying this is 100% true.

5. IMO still more impressive than what I've seen from Watcher, I haven't seen Watcher do anything...

6. Who has Watcher beaten that was really powerful or at least took on? Watcher even praised Classic Dr Strange. Even Beyonder recognized how powerful he was.

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

While I generally dislike 'respect threads', here is one for the Watchers, with most of the 'feats' coming from Uatu and Aron(a rogue watcher that Uatu owned).

http://www.killermov...98/t472567.html

#25 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

1. SG is omnipotent in his realm and no one has shown me what Watcher could do in combat...
2. Right here....Posted Image

3. Actually he was the main one he hurt Galactus because he did a spell..

4. IIRC back than Nightmare was around Eternity's level. I am not saying this is 100% true.

5. IMO still more impressive than what I've seen from Watcher, I haven't seen Watcher do anything...

6. Who has Watcher beaten that was really powerful or at least took on? Watcher even praised Classic Dr Strange. Even Beyonder recognized how powerful he was.

he praised the fantastic 4 as well.
what can uatu do hmm he carries a universe in his chest he.
he has created stars he has killed aron another watcher who was toying around with the ff.
if you asking for alot of combat you won't get much because they are passive but but he can manipulate space and time and even galactus has called him one of his few equals.
the watcher race are the only race in marvel that are older and more advanced then the celestrails.

#26 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I was just kidding with the scan btw, Uatu takes this.

#27 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Really? And what are Uatu's telepathic feats? Because Dr. Strange took down Moondragon with the Mind Gem in a telepathic battle when he was weakened.

I dunno, you could probably just look at the second post of the thread SirMethos linked everyone to, and Ethan helpfully reposted.

#28 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

It was a rhetorical question, i.e a challenge. In the thread, Uatu was capable of Dr. Strange's mind bit by bit over a period of time, but this wasn't in a straight up battle situation, and was done without his knowing, thereby it was impossible for him to erect any kind of defense. The ban imposed on his mind is more impressive.

#29 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Uatu taking over Strange's mind on and off, over the period of a month, is not particularly a feat of telepathic power, as much as skill.

Forget the fact that he was able to take over Strange's mind. He was able to do it without Strange ever noticing it. That is the impressive part of that particular feat.

For raw power, blocking Galactus' telepathic probes, overpowering Psi-Lord(franklin richards), and reading the minds of every living being in the universe(without leaving earth's solar system), is far more impressive.

#30 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

For raw power, blocking Galactus' telepathic probes, overpowering Psi-Lord(franklin richards), and reading the minds of every living being in the universe(without leaving earth's solar system), is far more impressive.

Moondragon was able to easily deflect Onslaught's mental attacks (this is when he had Franklin Richards), and controlling (not just reading) the minds of everyone on Earth, including various metahumans resistant to telepathy and Earth's own telepaths. She had the Mind Gem, you know, the Gem that's supposed to give infinite telepathic power. And Strange still beat her. He also stomped Shadow King on the astral plane, and was called the King of the Astral Plane by Eternity himself. He can also go head to head with Dormammu's telepathic sister, Umar (she drained Dormammu when Dormammu had Eternity's powers). He searched the entire galaxy with his mind fairly easily, mindwiped planet Earth, etc. Also, magical telepathy is overall better than normal telepathy because, according to Marvel, it goes through the mind's backdoor instead of the front door.

#31 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Moondragon was able to easily deflect Onslaught's mental attacks (this is when he had Franklin Richards), and controlling (not just reading) the minds of everyone on Earth, including various metahumans resistant to telepathy and Earth's own telepaths. She had the Mind Gem, you know, the Gem that's supposed to give infinite telepathic power. And Strange still beat her. He also stomped Shadow King on the astral plane, and was called the King of the Astral Plane by Eternity himself. He can also go head to head with Dormammu's telepathic sister, Umar (she drained Dormammu when Dormammu had Eternity's powers). He searched the entire galaxy with his mind fairly easily, mindwiped planet Earth, etc. Also, magical telepathy is overall better than normal telepathy because, according to Marvel, it goes through the mind's backdoor instead of the front door.

but thats the thing uatu knows magic as well he could manipulate it just like anyother power.

#32 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

@Force: The Mind Gem can give "infinite telepathic power". That =/= the person wielding it necessarily having "infinite telepathic power".

Just like how the Power Gem, can give unlimited physical power, but while The Champion was wielding it, he only got a moderate physical boost(same with Thor, for that matter).

And Onslaught, even when he had Franklin, wasn't as telepathically powerful as Psy-Lord. Franklin as a kid(that Onslaught had) didn't have access to the majority of his telepathic power. Psi-Lord is Franklin as an adult, that actually has access(and control) of his power.

And again, Strange beating Umar, searching the galaxy with his mind, etc. were all performed by Strange, prepared.

In this match, there is no prep. neither of them are actually ready for a fight. Strange needs to call on various out-side sources, to perform all of his high-level magic. Uatu, in and of himself, is a cosmic level power.

#33 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Can anyone explain to me how something that happened in Marvel 1602 has relevance to 616 Strange?

#34 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Let's do it this way. Compare their Heroclix.

Uatu

http://herominis.com...dians-g005.html

Dr. Strange

http://herominis.com...rdians-028.html

Looking at the Heroclix stats...Strange is owned.

#35 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Who the f*ck would pay 30$ for one Heroclix?

He wasn't "prepared" in half those feats, in fact, all of them, he simply used his Eye of Agamatto, which gives him all of his psychic power, and in this match, he has the eye, it has nothing at all to do with whether he was prepared or not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: who wins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users