5 replies to this topic

#1 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

A group of people gather in a small clearing, all of them clutching a small note in their hand, each one bearing the same message, including a place and time to meet.

"Do you wish to become great?"

The gathering listen to a brief monologue about the endless possibilities that await them beyond, and that they only need step forward to grasp them, before a shimmering portal springs into existence before them.

Are you one of those who are brave or curious enough to step through the portal and discover the vast expanses of The Empire of the Raging Storm?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the 'trailer' is done, we can get into the technical details.

This will be based on the Pathfinder system, though in a setting not connected to the normal Pathfinder 'universe', as such there are a few changes.

The technological level is slightly lower than usual for Pathfinder, with Black Powder being extremely rare, as such the Gunslinger class will be unavailable, along with any equipment that depends on that.

Due to being in a different setting, any items, powers, etc, specific to the normal Pathfinder setting will either be adapted to fit into the new setting, or ignored/removed as necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Initially, every player will have to write a brief intro story, about their character before they went through the portal, giving a few hints into their basic personality and their dreams of moving beyond the sleepy little backwater village in the middle of nowhere.

Every player will start as a Level 1 character, who upon walking through the portal have been changed in various ways, randomising their stats, class and race. (Note, everyone will get 2 different 'sets' to choose from, to allow some variety).

Due to various reasons, this will more than likely be a slow moving RP, which both presents some problems and advantages.

There will be more time to explore the characters and develop their personalities, plus it will allow the players to draft and refine their posts over time, which gives the opportunity for a higher level of writing. But due to the slow pace, it will most likely be hard to maintain an intense focus on it.

If this sounds like something you would like to try, and are capable of having the patience to do, you are welcome to join.

#2 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'm interested, but I don't know the pathfinder system.

#3 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm interested, but I don't know the pathfinder system.

That's not really a big problem, Pathfinder is just an upgrade to DnD 3.5, it's still the same basic system.

And if you don't know the d20 system, it's still not a big problem, since the system itself is fairly easy to understand/learn.

The 'hard' part is filling out the character sheet, which I will admit can take some time since there's quite a few bits to it, but actually using the system is fairly easy.

#4 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Can you give me a link to the character sheet?

#5 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Can you give me a link to the character sheet?

Sure, no problem, here.

#6 nrdman

nrdman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Am I ready? Am I ready to go beyond my village and become something more? Do I want to leave my friends and family, the only people I've ever met? Can I leave my home, my village, the only place I've ever known?
Natah stared at the purple, shimmering void before him.
Yes, I must go. I need more than to fish every day. I need more than what I have. Even the best people here are nothing compared to the lowliest beggar out there.
He looked at the adventurers around him.
Are these whom I will be with for the years to come? Or will our small party even last that long?
Too many questions, too many doubts. I must do what I kind for myself and leave it at that.

Natah took one last look behind at his former home.
Goodbye.
He took the first step forward on his adventure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pathfinder, Sword & Sorcery, DnD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users