Photo
- - - - -

Battle Rock Round 2, Match 1: Monster Mash vs Inner Demons!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

"No." The man says, "I refuse. I demand you explain what's going on."

There is a pause.

"DEMAND?" Playmate asks, "You demand, you little worm? You want to see what demands get you in the Battle Rock? Let me show you......"

The man who was nightmauler felt the building begin to shake, as a great humming rattled above him. The cage around them began to rise, taking the canvas floor with it. The man panicked as the cage slowly rose into the blackness of the ceiling above. He was trapped and he didn’t like being trapped. Something inside him really didn’t like it at all.

“NOOOOOOOO!” it screams.

His flesh melts into a lean, leering, gaseous monstrosity. Nightmauler was back. It reaches one of its grey fists around the bars and ripped. No voltage floods his body this time and the cage was easily torn through.

The shady beast leapt to the ground and fled down the hallway Conner first entered in from. A little giggle escapes from the P.A., but he was too far gone to hear what she had to say…

--------------

The Disco God was slowly creeping down the stairs when the heavy lump of a man over his shoulders began to stir.

“eh… dancing fairy,” Tony mumbles, “…son of a”

His eyes begin to peel open. B’eatdow’n helps him to his feet. Tony gives him an odd look or two, to which B’eatdow’n only smiles.

“Relax there swinger, I saved you butt back there when crazy McGiggles decided to blow us both up. I think we’re safe for now.”

Tony nods, his mind slowly coming back into focus.

“Where’s… Where’s Merci?”

“I can’t say, she jumped after you and ended up falling down some trap door. I swear this place is a fancy labyrinth though. I spent near an hour dancing around these hallways trying to find an exit, with no luck, ya dig? There’s no tellin’ where that chick ended up.”

Then she yells right on cue.

“TONY!....”

De Luca swivels as the cry bounces off the walls. He waits.

“TONY, HELP!”

It’s coming from down the stairs. Tony starts dashing down them with B’eatdow’n chasing after. The calls are getting louder, and louder, and,

A solid wall of steel crashes down though the staircase, bisecting it. Tony stood in front of it, the Disco God behind it. Tony notices the wall but knows better to stick around and observe it.

He flies down the stairs, Merci’s cries growing louder. Another wall smashes down behind him. Then a third. There’s no way back, and the hidden walls keep falling faster and faster; if he can’t keep this up, the next one would fall right on him.

There was a door ahead, salvation, perhaps. He doesn’t even bother with the knob. The detective smashes through the door and flies out the other side.

-----------

“TONY HELP!”

Someone came, and it wasn’t Tony. Merci turned to see one of the doors painted into the backdrop swing wide open. Nightmauler rushes through and observes the room with concern.

It was a graveyard of sorts, made not of stone and grass, but of plaster and Astroturf. The dark weather above wasn’t in the sky, but a painted mural on the ceiling. The room was a diorama of a graveyard, painted grim and gray, and at its center stood a woman trapped in a Lucite coffin. Merci pounds on the glass to no avail. When she sees NightMauler, she pounds harder.

He almost moves towards her before Tony comes flying through the second door. And as the second door was actually placed four feet above the ground, flying is an almost accurate word.

He hits the Astroturf ground hard, but is up just as quickly. He sees Merci and approaches the coffin. The dark, lean monster of a man picked up on his radar as well; Tony keeps a close eye on him, but goes to Merci first.

“You ok doll?”

She moves to the air holes conveniently drilled in the mock coffin.

“Do I look ok? Stop jawing at me, and get me OUT!”

Tony smiled; she was fine enough to talk back, so she couldn’t be that bad off. He pulls out his shotgun.

“Get down.”

Merci ducks as far down as her prison would allow. Luckily Tony wasn’t stupid enough to shoot, but instead visciously slams the butt of the gun against the glass. The first hit cracks it into a spiderweb of fractures, the second hit caves in the front of the coffin, and the third shatters it to pieces. Tony reaches out to help his dame escape her fate.

“What happened?”

“You saw the first part,” she says, “I fell down this big hole and slid down this long slide. Next thing I know, I’ve ended up inside that thing in this little Halloween set-up.”

Tony turns to the monster standing across the room.

“And you, what’s your play in this, huh? Are you here for me? Who are you?”

He says nothing. Tony levels the gun and steps up to the figure without fear.

“If you don’t answer my questions soon, you won’t live to regret it. It’ll be your last chance to so much as breathe, you hear me?”

The man’s lips spread as he spits out his words.

“The only answer I will give you…is death…”

Tony keeps his shotgun straight, Merci takes cover behind him, but fate intervenes in the voice of their united enemy.

“Now, now children, no fighting. At least, not until the bell rings.”

Nightmauler and Tony both look up in a fruitless attempt to find the speakers Playmate was using.

“Besides,” she says, “You’ve got it all wrong. You ain’t fighting each other, you’re teammates after all.”

“Teammates?” Tony replies with spite, “If I’m not killing this monster, you better give me a good reason.”

“Oh heck Tony, you know I will. In fact, I’ll give you two…”

The room begins to fill with a harsh cold. A chill fog rises over the astroturf graveyard, and the floor begins to rumble near a display tombstone. A pale hand shoots from the grave and claws upwards.

-------------

“Wakey, wakey little Jennifer, time for round twoooooooo…”

Jennifer’s eyes shoot open. Her regeneration took time, but she was in peak form once more. She was also trapped in a small dark space with no way out. Her eyes fill with anger.

“No, NOT AGAIN!”

Her fist punches into the dark and hits wood. She hears it crack. It seems there is a way out after all. She pounds it again, harder now, smashing through it easily. Playmate giggles in the darkness.

“Wow, beaten, blown up and buried alive. I guess you just can’t keep a good vampire gal down…”

When the wood breaks the hole floods with dirt. This is a small problem; the vampire’s solution is to merely punch another larger hole next to hit. More dirt rushes in, but she manages to crawl and climb her way through the pounds of earth crushing against her, making it inch by inch. She can feel the weight of the earth above lessen as she pushes up. Almost, almost…

She thrusts one hand upwards and into fresh air. It grasps the ground, which feels strangely of plastic, and pushes itself up. Her head breaches along with a second arm and she escapes from her tomb. The scene was not what she expected, the fresh air not so fresh, and the sights not so welcome. She was still inside the Battle Rock, staring at the Detective and Nightmauler as they watched her struggle her way out. She looks back.

“De Luca…”

“Bloodsucker,” Tony greets back.

“Ohhhhhh,” their host mews over the PA, “You two already know each other? Don’t tell me you’re friends?”

“Hardly,” Jennifer says. This causes a squeal of giddiness from Playmate.

“Oh, YES! That is just perfect. And here I thought I was going to have trouble convincing you all to murder each other. I do LOVE a grudge match…That said, you can’t take him on alone, so let’s scrounge up a partner for you. Wraith, sweetie, you want to maybe knock off all the spooky fog stuff and get the lead out like a good monster?”

The graveyard fog turns out to be more then just ambiance. It flows and builds together, coalescing into a nightmare of miasma and teeth. Nightmauler stares at the beast, glaring hate. Wraith looks back, eyes dead as dirt, glaring with nothing, absolute nothingness.

“Sooooooo,” Playmate says, “Now that everyone is here, it’s time for me to es-plain where exactly here is. This is, ‘The Spook-tacular Graveyard’, OOOOOOOH!... I thought it appropriate since most of you all are inhuman monsters, except Tony of course, who is in fact a human monster…Anyways, you’ve all fought in the Battle Rock before. You fight to win, but now you fight as a team. The first team to lose both team members is the loser, duh, and will suffer horrible consequences. However, winners may get rewarded. Or maybe I just kill all of you anyway; (giggle), oh I’d never do that. Well maybe, but that’s not important. What IS important is not ending up a victim of the graveyard, so without further ado, here are the teams.

In one corner we have the fanged furies, the relentless reapers, those lovable rascals, TEAM MONSTER MASH.”

Lights briefly flicker over Jennifer and Wraith, indicating their identity as Team Monster Mash.

“Aaaaaaaaannnnnd in this corner,” Playmate belts, “are the rampage tacticians, the human’s with horrors inside, the dysfunctional duo, TEAM INNER DEMON!!!!”

As the lights flash over him, Tony shakes his head, re-aims his shotgun and hopes that Nightmauler was at least half as tough as he looks.

“So, as it is customary for me to say: Ye who are about to inflict harm on each other, we—”

“OH SHUT UP ALREADY!” Jennifer yells, “LET’S JUST DO THIS,”

And with that she jump-starts the battle and enters the fray…..

----------------------------
The Rules:
1. No quoting please. This is a turn based RP, so no need to quote. One person attacks/defends, the next person attacks/defends until one team loses. Simple as that.
2. Limit the OOC. If you have a question post it to the main Battle Rock Thread.
3. No Role playing your opponent. You can state your move, but not your opponent’s reaction.
4. The turn order has been set randomly as Bigballerju, SincerePoet(?), Pseudonym, NrdMan
5. Special Arena: The Graveyard: Who knows what real secrets this fake graveyard may hold
6. Have fun. I will sometimes tell you what damage (if any) you did to your opponent and I will let you know when one of you drops. If you use a special attack and want to know the results before making your next move, it may serve you well to wait on me to tell you and pm me so I know you are waiting for them.

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

The Wraith sighs discontendedly and looks up to where the voice is seeming coming from, "I am no monster, m'lady. I admit the way I conducted myself in my last battle may have been less than admirable but still I hold that I am not a monster. I am a daemon. This is different. We have more class."

He looks across at his adversaries. Two humans and both of them were looking so succulent and edible. :T

Edit: Cuz Rules

#3 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Love the enthusiasm, but not the direction following. The turn order is set, see rule 4 above.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

" Seriously you better be as good as your name says. Let's kill these f**king idiots!" Jennifer yells at Wraith already hot tempered. Unable to wait for her partner she jumps into action as she races toward Nightmauler. Jennifer runs and jumps in the air straight for Nightmauler for the attack. Her fists fly furiously as she throws combos at him letting loose her rage.

Jennifer Blood attacks Nightmauler's body with berserker rage.

#5 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

First the fairy in his sparklin' pants dancin around, and now.... Tony peered over at the two he was about to face... now I gotta deal with some crazy blood suckin' psycho and her twisted sidekick. Not to mention this mook they've got me teamed up with. Heh, guess the freaks really do come out at night.
Tony watched the vampire lunge towards his new 'partner' as she pummled him with attack after attack. "Can't say I'm fond of beatin' up women..." Tony levels his sawed off in Jennifer's direction, "...but I think I can make an exception for this crazy broad."

Tony attacks Jennifer's body with Piercing Weapon

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

The vampiress lunges immediately, leaping into the fray with reckless abandon. Wraith smirks. The best prey are the excited ones; those who feel they have a chance. Because they feed the Wraith in body and soul. The meat fills his stomach leaving his sated until his next hunt. But the look of the prey's face as it falls, as they realize they have no chance left. That fed the Wraith's soul.

He would have this one. She would be his.

Wraith attacks Jennifer's Body with Body using Inhibit Senses

#7 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

"Yay, a prostitute! Here prosty, prosty, prosty, It's time to play! Here have a nightmare."

Nightmauler attacks Jennifer using Mind Blast. (mind v. mind)

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Jennifer's mind was hit with a mind blast that slammed into her and set off a loud screeching noise in her head. At the same time one of her opponents was racing toward her with a weapon.

" AARG! Kill both of you I will! Death!"

Jennifer though was already in a blood rage as anger and her wild fury side had already taken over. In her current state the mind attack didn't hurt her as much because her mind was too wild and full of anger to really affect her fully. At the same Jennifer's anger shot up as she started attacking Tony who was running toward her as she got off Nightmauler and ran to Tony as she leapt toward him to attack as a Predator would do to it's prey. Her berserker rage still cutting loose and unleashing itself. Jennifer was too angry to pay attention or care about what Wraith was doing.

Round Two: Jennifer Blood attacks Tony's body with berserker rage.

#9 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Shit.. the term 'she hits like a girl' doesn't look like it applies to this brute.
Noticing that Jennifer had changed her aggression towards Tony, he braced himself for the impending blows, "I've takin' blows form bigger and uglier schmucks than you, bring it!"

Round Two: Tony defends using Iron Will

#10 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Round Two: Wraith attacks Nightcrawler's Agility with Strength via Piercing Weapon

#11 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

"You're gonna die Prostipire. You do know this right? I mean, even though my partner Toe De Jam over here is just standing there while you flail and bounce your assets, we're still winning. And you know why? Because I'm awesome, that's why. I bet my snot would hurt you. Here it comes. Ah, Ah, Ahhhchooo!"

Nightmauler attacks Jennifer using Mind Blast. (mind v. mind)

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

" AARG!! You fools I'll kill all of you!" Jennifer pounded away at Wraith with one fist while holding her head in pain with the other as she tried to fight off the attacks. " I thought this was a team battle?! Doesn't matter I will still kill all of you!" Jennifer felt the pain of that attacks as her rage was lowered and she started to focus more. " I'm your partner you idiot!" Jennifer yelled in anger and confusion. Jennifer trying to focus her attacks more realized she needed to take out one of the members of the other team to give herself a better chance. Jennifer kept the attack on Tony as she jumped on his chest and began to suck him of his energy.

Round 3: Jennifer Blood attacks Tony's body with strength using bio vampire. Body increases

#13 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Tony kicks the vampire off, taking a moment to gather himself. "It's about time someone put you back in your coffin for good."
Whatever that crazy broad just did to me, it ain't good. Tony studied his opponent for a moment.
There's gotta be somethin' I'm missin' here. Let's see if we can pinpoint a way to put her down like the savage beast she is.

Round 3: Tony attacks Jennifer using Detective

#14 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Looks good, I'll give you guys a update for round 2 at the end of round three. That said there are a few things; first Sincere Poet I need to know if detective is attacking or defending in that last turn. I think it's attacking but if you could just edit the post that would clarify.

2nd, Pseudo stop attacking your own teammate. :angry: No. Bad monster. This isn't the Fallen Academy, go back and edit it.

Now I just have to get the other match to start chugging along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users