#21 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

You're saying you guys wouldn't have done the same thing, if you were in my shoes? And that I'm somehow different from y'all? Mission accomplished. ;) It's not like I didn't get it, that day, though. I was at the store with my parents; I just had to track them down. I tried to tell them they might not let me buy it, since I wasn't 17 yet, but noooo, they let me go try to do it by myself.

#22 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

My parents bought me The Punisher game when I was in middle school. Probably the most violent game I've ever played, or even heard of, other than Manhunt. I turned out alright.

#23 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Alright isn't the term I would have used to describe you, but to each his own. :P

#24 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I turned out alright.

That's what you think.

#25 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

My parents bought me The Punisher game when I was in middle school. Probably the most violent game I've ever played, or even heard of, other than Manhunt. I turned out alright.

I've never played either of those, but I played quite a few Mature games, when I was young. Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, South Park, etc.

Really, I haven't watched the video, but violent video games have always been around. The problem now is, I think they've become a bit too high in number. You don't need a game to be excessively violent or have tons of foul language, for it to be fun. Unfortunately, that seems to be all the masses want, these days. This might not be quite the case with Playstation and Nintendo, with things like Uncharted, Mario, and Ratchet and Clank, but if you're a 360 owner, good luck trying to find a lot of good games, that aren't rated 'M'.

DamagEdit: Even Tomb Raider, a series that has been rated 'T' since it started, has fallen victim to this. I really want to play that game, though. ^_^

#26 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't remember the last game I played that wasn't rated M... Oh yeah, Halo Wars was rated T.

#27 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I think it is simple as this. The majority of people that play video games, it doesn't make them violent. There is probably 1% of gamers that are violent because of games, but they get the spot light, making all gamers look "violent".

It is funny how in our society, bad things get more attention than good. In our society it is cool to be bad, and if you're good you are a dork. Look at almost any high school movie, the drug dealer or dick head jock is always the cool guy, meanwhile the kid that is busting his ass to get into a good college is deemed a nerd. I can definitely say, those stereotypes were pretty true when I was in high school four years ago.

You can do a million good deeds, but if you do one bad deed, you will more than likely be remembered for that one bad thing.

#28 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't remember the last game I played that wasn't rated M... Oh yeah, Halo Wars was rated T.

Heh. Didn't you play Arkham City and the newer Spider-Man games? Those are a lot newer than Halo Wars.

#29 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Arkham City was rated T? Holy crap. Also, the Spider-Man games were quite forgettable, so I didn't really mention them. And Halo Wars was the game I played last, despite being released before Arkham City and the Spidey games.

#30 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ah. I liked Wars more than the other spin offs. I couldn't even play through ODST...

#31 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hmm. ODST was actually my favorite Halo game... I kinda liked stepping into the smaller shoes for a change, rather than blasting through everything as a super soldier.

#32 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Eh. For me, the lighting made it a pain in the ass. It's one of those unfinished projects, I'll probably go back to someday.

#33 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I hated ODST. It was like a Halo game with no vehicle driving, memorable set pieces, epicness, sense that what you're doing matters, or anything else that make Halo campaigns even tolerable. The "bigness" of the shoes in the sense of protagonist power depends entirely on the difficulty of the game. Playing ODST on normal makes you feel more powerful than playing Halo 3 on Legendary.

#34 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I actually liked ODST because it made me feel insignificant. I wasn't saving the planet or the galaxy or whatever, I was just some guy who was trying to find his squad and do his mission amidst a gigantic war that I could never hope to wrap my head around.

#35 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Here's my way of thinking:

Without death, there could be no life.

Without sex, there could be no life.

This is why I wonder why all those review websites fuss over this sort of stuff so much. To all those 'Moral Guardians', you are just... insane. Please stop trying to 'protect' us and get on with life.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

That violence in video games is just another excuse for bad parenting. Always has been.

#37 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well, I mean, there's little you can do if a parent buys a kid an M rated video game. The parents have to enforce it just as much as the retailer. I know GameStop has good rules, they even have a "step up to the counter" rule that says if a kid tries to buy an M-rated game, but then comes back later with his parent to buy it for him, he still can't get the game.

Also, I do agree that sometimes blaming violence on video games is a scapegoat that draws attention away from the real cause.

Really?  I had many people that I turned away while I worked at Best Buy because they didn't have state issue id screaming about going to get M-rated games. 

That violence in video games is just another excuse for bad parenting. Always has been.

closest thing to the truth.

Here's my way of thinking:

Without death, there could be no life.

Without sex, there could be no life.

This is why I wonder why all those review websites fuss over this sort of stuff so much. To all those 'Moral Guardians', you are just... insane. Please stop trying to 'protect' us and get on with life.

no matter what see last post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users