10 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

The Disco God was slowly creeping down the stairs when the heavy lump of a man over his shoulders began to stir.

“eh… dancing fairy,” Tony mumbles, “…son of a”

His eyes begin to peel open. B’eatdow’n helps him to his feet. Tony gives him an odd look or two, to which B’eatdow’n only smiles.

“Relax there swinger, I saved you butt back there when crazy McGiggles decided to blow us both up. I think we’re safe for now.”

Tony nods, his mind slowly coming back into focus.

“Where’s… Where’s Merci?”

“I can’t say, she jumped after you and ended up falling down some trap door. I swear this place is a fancy labyrinth though. Before our fight I spent near an hour dancing around these hallways trying to find an exit, with no luck, ya dig? There’s no tellin’ where that chick ended up.”

Merci yells right on cue.

“TONY!....”

De Luca swivels as the cry bounces off the walls. He waits.

“TONY, HELP!”

It’s coming from down the stairs. Tony starts dashing down them with B’eatdow’n chasing after. The calls are getting louder, and louder, and,

A solid wall of steel crashes down though the staircase, bisecting it. Tony stood in front of it, the Disco God behind it. B’eatdow’n stops and,

As he’s staring the stairs beneath him fall away. Down the trap door he falls until…

--------------------------------------------

Conner could feel something nudging him and he began to come out of unconsciousness. The thing nudging him was an enormous man in a lion skin, so he wasn’t quite sure if it was consciousness or some sort of coma dream.

“Wake up pal, it would be best if we get moving.”

The Lion helped Conner to his feet. Conner looked around and found himself in a very different room then when he was last awake. The monster guy was gone, as was the cage and the stadium seating. It was very dark, but he did see that some things were placed around him: Stools, wooden benches, a jukebox, a pool table, and a bunch of men hunched over small glasses.

“Ugh… Is this a bar?” Conner asks, “Cause I would really like this whole thing to just be some drink related hallucination.”

“Sorry to disappoint,” his new friend added, “but you’re still in the Battle Rock. This isn’t even a working bar, it’s just filled with crash test dummies and all the taps are ornamental. Trust me, I tried using one. I’m The Lion by the way.”

He extends his hand and Conner shakes it,

“I’m Conn—Connecticut James. Yes that’s my name. Connecticut James, I’m a martial artist and prize fighter from Bridgeport. ”

“Right. Let me guess she made you fight a werewolf with your bare hands.”

Conner smiles and shakes his head.

“Werewolf, nah, that would be silly… it was some sort of giant humanoid monster called ‘Nightstalker’ or something. Though I’m guessing by ‘her’ you mean our rather annoying hostess on the PA.”

Lion nods.

“Yeah. I wake up in her stupid arena and she forces me to fight a nudist vampire while her damn traps nearly cut me in two. Then she tried to throw me down a hole when I refused to kill the annoying bloodsucker. Luckily I managed to hold on and climb my way out. I exited my arena and have been wandering this place looking for a way out. I walked in here and found you out cold on the floor. I don’t think she knows I escaped, but we aught to keep moving before that bitch,”

“Now, now, now,” The chirpy voice on the PA says, “don’t you boys learn that it’s not nice to talk about a girl behind her back. I mean really Lion, the b-word? That’s uncalled for, even for a rude degenerate like yourself. And how can either of you really think I'm annoying?”

Lion and Conner zip to attention. A metal gate crashes down over the only exit before they can make a move. Then everything turns on. Yellow lights perk up as a jaunty ragtime tune plays from the jukebox. The men hunched over their empty glasses begin to animate and repeat the same motions over and over again. The animatronics bar patrons show no interest in the men invading their favorite saloon. The Lion looks directly at the ceiling as he shouts.

“So what, you were following me the entire time?”

“I sure was cutie,” Playmate replies, “I’d hate to think any of my fighters would get lost in my home. There are lots of dangerous things that can happen to you in here, and in the future, it would be best if you just did what mama said and followed her rules. Trust me, you’ll live longer.”

“So what? I’m guessing we have to fight each other now?”

She laughs.

“Oh don’t be so obvious. You’re not going to fight each other… you’re going to fight these guys.”

Two holes open up in the ceiling. After a beat, two new men drop from them and hit the floor with a thud; first comes the disco God, and then an old warrior with bleeding knuckles. It takes a few seconds for the new entrants to get used to their strange surroundings. Victor Vandal observes the room carefully, but doesn’t so much as greet any of his new acquaintances.

“Hmm, some sort of theme room. A bar room brawl perhaps.”

“Very good,” says the voice on the PA, “This is one of my favorite arenas, something is just so rustic and brutal about it. So, without further ado, WELCOME ONE AND ALL, to the Battle Rock Round 2 competition. Winner’s will move onto round 3, and most important of all, a chance to regain their freedom! And losers will, well, let’s just say you don’t want to lose…

Annnnnywaaaaay, Let me introduce our teams for Round 2, Match 1. In the red corner we have the beasts of beatdowns, the clawed kung-fu warriors, give a big hand to TEAM PRIMAL FURY!!!!!”

A spot light above shines down on Conner and the Lion.

“And in the Blue Corner we have the heavy handed heroes, the regenerating ruffians, the old man and the dancing fool, aka, TEAM SENTINEL FIST!!!!”

The spotlight then points to Victor and B’eatdow’n. A drum roll begins on the speakers above.

“The last team standing wins. Lack of adequate participation earns you a demerit, by which I mean I flood this tiny bar with enough gas to kill a bull elephant. But what am I jabbing on about, you’ve all done this, you know the rules. And so with no further ado:

Round 2, Match 1, the Bar Room Brawl-athon!
Victor Vandal and B’eatdow’n Vs The Lion and…oh uh “Connecticut James” as he apparently wants to be called.

Ye who are about to inflict harm on each other, we salute you. Now FIGHT!

------------------------

The Rules:
1. No quoting please. This is a turn based RP, so no need to quote. One person attacks/defends, the next person attacks/defends until one team loses. Simple as that.
2. Limit the OOC. If you have a question post it to the main Battle Rock Thread.
3. No Role playing your opponent. You can state your move, but not your opponent’s reaction.
4. The turn order has been set randomly as 1. KevinDWolf, 2. Darkender 3. Red Dragon 4. HamtaroBlazex
5. Special Arena: The Tavern: The tavern is just a good old place to settle disagreements. No special arena threats (yet…)
6. Have fun. I will sometimes tell you what damage (if any) you did to your opponent and I will let you know when one of you drops. If you use a special attack and want to know the results before making your next move, it may serve you well to wait on me to tell you and pm me so I know you are waiting for them.

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

As "The Lion" helped him up, Connor quickly shed what was left of his Armani Dinner Jacket. It was a fine piece of clothing that had served him well, but between the brawl he ended up having with Nightstalker and growing two shirt sizes during the fight, he figured it's safety wasn't a priority at this point. Plus "Connecticut James" probably couldn't afford the ensemble if he sold most of his organs...a bit much, but Connor was a sucker for details and it was better thoughts than counting his stars that he was still alive. He could curse his idiocy later though. With some leftover anger from the last fight, he sheds the vest rather violently, leaving the button up undershirt with a few knife holsters still filled. He listened to the 'bitch' ramble on and show their new opponents off.

Two on two....fan-friggin~tastic. he action star grunts before looking to his partner, then the opponents again. Ok, plan W? Nah not yet, though thinking too and playing reluctant werewolf got you your ass handed last time....play it efficiently. You got a cover ID for the moment...

With the minor pep talk over he spits on the floor before speaking to the PA system. "Eh with a comment like Primal Fury, I figure you needed new material." he snarks, trying to pin down a suitable accent. After the taunt, he looks to The Lion.

"So, you went through trying to not kill anyone either eh? Good, that seems like a plan still if you're up for it...." he mutters, figuring the girls microphones weren't that high quality. He takes yet another good look at the opponents before warming up and taking some footwork, Muhammad Ali style. "Ok buddy, I'm not much for plans..." Connor lies before going on. "..but I say we split up for now, one on one and if we need to single anyone out I figure that will be apparent pretty quickly...." he grunts aloud at his new friend.

"You get the effeminate one." Connor grunts, singling out the disco man before seeing the other sides initial reaction. Vandal at least sounded sorta familiar, though only because she bothered adding "Sentinel" to the team name, that probably meant something. The man's experienced "fists" certainly clarified the second part of the title. The other guy.....he was drawing blanks, though there was probably a half read file on him somewhere. Neverthless he focused on the one more likely to be a straight fighter....well that was the hope.

Connecticut James attacks with mind, using Tactician (on Vandal if I must be specific)

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

The rustic themed bar was a bit forced but did the job. Victor took in his environment with a few careful glances before eyeing his opponents.

“Hmm, some sort of theme room. A bar brawl perhaps…”

He then looked to his side and there stood who he immediately recognized as a fellow sentinel. While he wasn’t too familiar with the man he rather him at his side than across from him, at least they would be on some sort of same page.

He then looked back to the two that stood across from them. One of the men already began to approach raising his fists and bouncing about. Vandal cracked his bloody knuckles and took a step forward.

Victor defends with Detective, using Mind.

#4 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Me as Red Dragon

Listening to 'Connecticut James' call someone else effeminate was enough to get a small smile from the Lion, seriously who wears a dinner jacket to an underground death arena? However, he hid this amusement from his new partner. If he wanted to split up on the teams that was fine enough. The Lion glanced over the jostling dancer standing across from him.

The man didn't have much of a big build or anything seemingly imposing about his person. No knives, no guns, and no giant fangs, thank God. But he was always dancing, keeping his feet moving. Capoeira maybe? No way to know his style until he had to react. Best to give him something to react to then,

A nice leg sweep would do it. Let's see how much this dancer can move...

Agility attacks B'eatdow'n's agility with martial arts.

#5 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Be'at was dancing, grooving, doing what he does best. He almost forgot that it was a battle to the death, though, nothing is ever fun without a bit of friction. He looks at his partner, cracking his knuckles as he goes up against some boxer that was pretty well-dressed. He then looks over to his oppent, a tribal dancer? Disco thought, though he was probably one of those tree-hugging folks. His inner musing were quickly cutshort as the Lion made the first move.

He snickers as he eletricslides backwards from the sweep. "Woah there tree-hugger. I like your spirit, I like your moves...Looks like it's gonna be a dance off!" Disco exclaims as he begins to shuffle, with a slight latin-twist.

Mind attacks Mind with MindControl

OOC: Would I have to say it, or does the Area of Effect works by itself?

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

'Connecticut James' was showing off with a few jab feints to unbalance Vandal's view of him. As he got closer to Vandal, Beat'down was showing his stuff.

"The fairy's pretty quick..." James snarks at Victor, wondering about how best to handle Vandal before he gets a better idea. He makes several shadowboxing movements before making a sleight of hand to grab for one of his knives. In a quick movement he does a 180 regarding his focus, trying to drop a big hunting knife right through the dancer's foot...that might give him some problems.

strength attacks agility with piercing weapon

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

OOC: Would I have to say it, or does the Area of Effect works by itself?

Works by itself.

#8 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Victor had taken another moment to study his opponent. Which foot he led with, the extension of his jabs, all taken down and stored along hundreds of years of information. The process was quick, yet meticulous. He patiently watched James as he danced and bounced his way towards him, pushing the fact that he was a boxer. But, then, suddenly he changes direction and lunges at his partner.

He immediately covers the ground that was left between them and throws a couple close strikes to the ribs.

"Be a gentleman and keep this between us, boy."

Victor attacks James agility w/ Martial arts using strength

#9 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Me as Red Dragon. Round 2.

I hate music. I hate this dancing idiot. He doesn't deserve to die, but I wouldn't be above beating him senseless. Then James drives a knife through his foot, a tad extreme perhaps.

This was turning into a brawl of sorts, but we still had to keep our eyes on the prize. And I could use this strange action to my benefit. With his attention on my knife wielding partner, the dancer probably wouldn't notice if I flanked him.

As James leaps from one direction, I swoop in from the other with cobra punch; risky but at least the dancer would have to pick one of us to deal with, so one of us would still get through.

Agility attacks B'eatdow'n's body with martial arts.

#10 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

"Yeow!" B'eatdow'n screams in surprise rather than pain, though, it did hurt. A lot. But, it was nothing more than a stub toe than anything else. How could somebody throw a knife at another mans foot while he grooves? He was gonna ask, if it wasn't for the taste of flesh and bone in his mouth after being sucker punched by the other. He rubs his jaw as he hears his partner talking about some fair game.

"Yeah. We all cool? Mano a Mano? "

Agility defends Body with Martial Arts.

#11 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Connor feels the rib shot, 'Connecticut James' needs to work on watching his sides if he's going to keep this up. He backs off, leaving the Lion to the dancer. He faces Vandal, grinning like a madman.

"Not bad, that a was a solid hit geezer...." Connor snarls, unknown to him his eyes started to glow a distinct gold. He shrugs non-chalantly before his hands come to his hip. A real life or death situation hadn't hit Connor in awhile....not one where he wasn't entirely sure of his abilities anyway. He didn't have the SLJ, and at this point keeping low profile hadn't crossed his mind. He was getting a little too into character. "Well, you got my attention....what was step two?" he asks, grinning again as his teeth started to more resembled a row of steak knives than poor dental work of a kid on the east coast.

Connor uses transformation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users