#1 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

So, as probably a lot of you have heard about already, Casey Hudson is taking up suggestions for what ME4 would be on. Here's my input, due to the ending of Mass Effect 3, I'm having trouble realizing that a sequel is an option. The endings for ME3 were so huge and universe-changing that a sequel would have to be almost like three different games. Unless they establish one ending as canon, and you can imagine how well THAT would go over with fans.

*shudder*

ME4 will NOT center around Shepard, that's confirmed, the trilogy is done. As for the new protagonist, there's considerable talk about it not being human. An elcor hero?

Your thoughts on the new game?

#2 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think they should do something similar to Dragon Age, with an entirely new story and protagonist unrelated to Shepard. The stuff you did as Shepard could show up in the form of legends and stories and the like, with a few quests that tie in to quests in the first three games, and change based on the decisions you made as Shepard.

Of course, considering how different the various ME3 endings were, that might be too ambitious. The gameplay experience would probably change completely depending on how you beat the third game.

#3 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Well it is an entirely new story and protagonist, they said that themselves. The main question as of now is whether the game is going to be a prequel or sequel. I would like a sequel, as I generally dislike prequels (Human Revolution being a notable exception), but that seems implausible based on the decisions at the end of the third game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Force Echo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users