4 replies to this topic

#1 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

So my career in the FPL got off to a bumpy start, what with my lack of understanding on how to set up my powers in a story. But also, for some reason I had some difficulty setting up my character's image. It said I had to format it with jpg so I did, but then it said it had to be 200x200 in order to enter in. Those image sizes are quite uncommon, so I was at a loss. Any input on how to use an image and change it to 200x200 exactly? It's pretty frustrating.

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well I use a Mac, so I'm not sure if this will work for you but what I do is save an image from the internet to my downloads folder then open it. From there getting it down to size involves going to tools and using crop and adjust image size to gradually cut out what I don't need then shrink the whole thing without making it look too disproportional. Then I usually mess around with the colors and darkness levels just for the heck of it.

Posted Image

And Voila, Superman is now sad, dyslexic , and fits in a 200x200 box. Also,

Posted Image
I had this saved on the theory that I might make a character around it. That never happened, so It might work for Pulse. Use it if you want, or don't, it's a little too DBZ for my tastes. It's totally up to you and you'd have to rewrite him to replace the photo anyway, but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

#3 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well I use a Mac, so I'm not sure if this will work for you but what I do is save an image from the internet to my downloads folder then open it. From there getting it down to size involves going to tools and using crop and adjust image size to gradually cut out what I don't need then shrink the whole thing without making it look to disproportional. Then I usually mess around with the colors and darkness levels just for the heck of it.

Posted Image

And Voila, Superman is now sad, dyslexic , and fits in a 200x200 box. Also,

Posted Image
I had this saved on the theory that I might make a character around it. That never happened, so It might work for Pulse. Use it if you want, or don't, it's a little too DBZ for my tastes. It's totally up to you and you'd have to rewrite him to replace the photo anyway, but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks. I have a Mac too. Is the program you use to change the image 'Preview'? And how to I access my character to rewrite him? I'm kinda new at this.

#4 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, preview.

To change a character that's already been submitted you have to delete and start again from scratch (unless you saved it on word first, which is a good idea). Select your character from the Fpl database, click it, then the delete button should be on the left of the character sheet. You won't be able to delete if you're currently in a match though, so you may have to wait the 5 days for it to be over.

#5 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, preview.

To change a character that's already been submitted you have to delete and start again from scratch (unless you saved it on word first, which is a good idea). Select your character from the Fpl database, click it, then the delete button should be on the left of the character sheet. You won't be able to delete if you're currently in a match though, so you may have to wait the 5 days for it to be over.

Thanks. I'd rather delete and redo from scratch after this one than keep the one I have now. I'm a perfectionist :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users