• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

There's no doubt about it, the Batman Arkham series of games are the best comicbook-based games EVER. Seriously, are there any better ones?

But news is going around about another game which is perhaps going to be a prequel about how Batman and Joker first meet and perhaps may involve other more obscure villains and heroes in the main plot. Mark Hamill may have said he's retired from providing voice for the Joker in games, but has said that if it has a great plot, then he'll reconsider.

Many people have predicted that if the game is a sequel, then it might involve the grief-stricken Harley Quinn finding out about the Lazarus Pits and resurrect Joker with them. That's a decent sounding plot already, but I want it to go deeper than that.

I think there may be a case of mistaken identity. Perhaps Harley kidnaps the (presumably) dead body of Ra's Al Ghul and won't give it back to the League of Assassins until they show her where the Pits are and how to use them. But then Batman gets involved and all kinds of shit goes down.

I don't think it should really have the word Arkham in the title at all, but if it had to, I'd call it "Batman: Arkham Redemption" or "Arkham Resurrection" or something along those lines, because maybe Quincy Sharp goes crazy again and also finds out about the Lazarus Pits and tries to resurrect Amadeus Arkham. This then becomes a race to the Lazarus Pits and Batman has to stop all of them before Gotham is destroyed. If Crane returns (which I really REALLY hope he does), maybe Batman himself becomes tempted by the prospect of resurrecting his parents while under the influence of his fear gas.

The Game of the Year edition front cover of Arkham City was a complete fail, so I think the front cover should have Batman and Ra's Al Ghul in the shadow of Amadeus Arkham who's walking towards the camera with his hands outstretched and a demented look in his eyes.

What ideas do you have for thenext Arkham game? Leave a comment!

#2 Jason Voorhees fan

Jason Voorhees fan

The Phantom Inferno

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:Any thing to do with Jason

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Batman Arkham Country

#3 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

-.-

#4 Jason Voorhees fan

Jason Voorhees fan

The Phantom Inferno

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:Any thing to do with Jason

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Like A Boss

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

"Arkham City: Wayne's Life"

Take part in this expansive, open world, rich guy simulator and figure out what Batman is really about, by never playing as Batman. Gameplay includes,

-Invite slinky lingerie models over to make everyone think you're a playboy, but never actually do anything with them...
-Explore the expansive non-batcave parts of Wayne Manor such as the 'Diningroom', 'the Grand Hall', 'the Kitchen', and the mysterious 'Alfred's Quarters'...
-Grieve over the man you failed to save in a previous game in REAL TIME by up grading your abilities, such as, staring blankly at a wall, pacing back and forth, and lying in absolute darkness...
-Endlessly search your home for Riddler Trophies, again and again, each time secretly hoping that maybe this time there will actually be one...

#6 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Perhaps the Abrovinci (that is how to spell it right?) twins get a bigger role. After the ending they decide to team up and form their own gang. Or maybe Clayface? He did get knocked into the Lazarus Pits after all. Infact, anything could happen, since the last game left it so open for a sequel.

#7 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Batman Arkham Country

I don't think it should be called anything like that. Hugo Strange was already working on Arkham Country/ World before, you know, he got stabbed in the back and blew hundreds of feet up in the air.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Instead of a prequel they should do Batman No Man's Land which would be a perfect sequel for Batman Arkham City. You could end up playing as various characters with the way No Man's Land was. You could play as Huntress, Batgirl, Robin or maybe one of the villains as a special bonus or DLC. You would still have big boss fights since Batman faced several villains throughout that arc. Also instead of challenges they should have more special missions.

#9 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think it's gonna be No Man's Land. Azrael's cryptic messages make it sound that way, at least.

#10 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

That would be a perfect sequel and fit right in. You could bring in other DC characters too. I hope it is.

#11 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

If they don't make a sequel, they could at least make a DLC pack where you can play as all the villains and how they made a living in Arkham City. For example, you could play as Mr Freeze on his mission to save Nora, or Black Mask and how he escaped briefly. I figured with the new Harley's Revenge DLC, they could have another add on where the Ventriloquist ventures off to save Scarface, and finds that Baby Doll (you know, from the animated series) is also trapped there. They have then have to team up to escape.

#12 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I think they need to do something with Hush

#13 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'd like to see a game where the world changes based on how you play and gave more freedom to choose Batman's morality. You could choose to arrest or kill major enemies, changing how the story after that is affected. Choosing to skip, play, or how to play side-missions would effect the main plotline. Then the city would either rise or fall to Batman's image becoming a beacon of hope, a terror stricken police state under the Bat's shadow, or a grimy sin filled slum.

Plotwise, I see a team-up between Hush and Scarecrow since you can find black feathers and cockroaches in Hush's Arkham City House.

Or they skip all that and the next one is a break-off game about Nightwing since there's so much talk about BludHaven in AC

#14 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'd like to see a game where the world changes based on how you play and gave more freedom to choose Batman's morality. You could choose to arrest or kill major enemies, changing how the story after that is affected. Choosing to skip, play, or how to play side-missions would effect the main plotline. Then the city would either rise or fall to Batman's image becoming a beacon of hope, a terror stricken police state under the Bat's shadow, or a grimy sin filled slum.

So basically, Web of Shadows, only with Batman.

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

All I know is next game I better be allowed to cruise around in a batmobile and do whatever the hell I want in it.

#16 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

All I know is next game I better be allowed to cruise around in a batmobile and do whatever the hell I want in it.

So you want GTA with Batman?

#17 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

:lol: I do think that the Batmobile may be needed, at some point, though. If they continue to make the game world bigger each time, you're gonna need a faster way to travel.

#18 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

:lol: I do think that the Batmobile may be needed, at some point, though. If they continue to make the game world bigger each time, you're gonna need a faster way to travel.

GRAPPLING HOOK. :D

#19 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

-.-

#20 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I've just been looking through a few easter eggs videos and found that Scarecrow's thugs may have been involved in Protocol 10. You can see they're corpses everywhere while all the helicopters are shooting Arkham City. And of course there's that barge in the industrial district filled with cockroaches and a letter from the Broker. Maybe Scarecrow sent these minions to spread a new brew of fear gas and pay the Broker for all the supplies, but didn't foresee Protocol 10 and they were all killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users