19 replies to this topic

#1 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

It had rained all morning and the black skies of Khazan were showing no signs of stopping. Congressman Scuttle was just getting in from the bar. His brown overcoat soaked and shoes squeaking and squishing with every step left him drained. It didn’t help that he had already downed a few. He stumbled through the door, leaving his key in the keyhole and door wide open, and made a beeline to the bathroom. He moaned righteously as he poured an awful clear torrent into the porcelain drainage.

When he was done his mind cleared some. He stepped back out the bathroom into his dark apartment. He only took two steps before he realized the door was now closed.

He broke out into a sweating panic as he reached for his cellphone, fumbling in his pockets. Before he could hear the dial tone however, he felt a sharp blow to his back as he flew across the room and crashed into his wooden cabinets. Wooden splinters fell upon him as a strike of lightening brightened the sky and gave only a moment to reveal his attacker.

“No. It can’t be.”

Eternal Patriot’s rugged cape swayed back and forth as he walked forward.

“You are a disease, a pathogen, a parasite. Sucking dry what freedom you can from the people to enjoy, in your short meaningless life, what you call ‘lavish’.”

Patriot grabbed the man by his overcoat, easily lifting him off of his feet and tossing him back across the room. He crashed hard into the couch and it flipped on top of him. Patriot lifted it with one arm and set it aside as Scuttle squirmed.

“You can’t do this. You’re a hero.”

“And you’re a villain.”

Lightning and thunder shook the room as the glass shattered and figure entered. The streak across the sky reflected beautifully off of the metallic creature that had barreled through the window.

“Stand down Patriot. I don’t want to have to hurt you old man.” Catatonia was already covered in her organic metal. She had heard the stories, and had no intentions of things getting violent but was playing it safe.

Patriot smirked. “I’m doing you a favor, Sentinel.”

“There’re proper channels for this.”

This time he laughed out loud. “These channels are not made for people like him.” He looked at Scuttle in disgust before continuing, “He’ll worm his way out of some loophole. I’ve seen his type before.”

“Maybe so, but I can’t let you take him.”

“Hmm.”

Patriot wastes no further time, flying at Catatonia and they both take a nosedive to the pavement.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Learn More About
Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks)
Origination: Super
Alignment: Hero
Team: The Sentinels of Liberty and Justice

Eternal Patriot
Origination: Super
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Heroes

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Yay, a match. A battle of the wills at that! Who wins?

#4 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Good show! I applaud this initiative. Someone who isn't me or Dark should do a fight breakdown.

(PS, And just to be nit-picky, it's a duster not a cape :P )

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I think Catatonia can definitely delay The Patriot until another Sentinel comes to back her up. But if it's a no help situation, she's hasn't got much going for her. The Patriot is amazingly speedy and is going to be healing every bit of damage she can lay on him. Sure, she can hit hard, but The Eternal Patriot can take artillery shells and then regenerate the damage. I interpreted Catatonia's Combat Supremacy as being her willingness to put herself in physical danger allowing her to outdo a lot of villains and such. Maybe if she can get the patriot close, she can pin him and just start wailing on his face until he's unconscious - but I don't know.

Fightwise, I'd give this one to The Patriot.

#6 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's true. Patriot is a tough guy, but he doesn't have much offense. Cat on the other hand, is a scrapper, and knows how and where to hit. Either way this fight would be really, really long haha. I think it's a good match up, if I do say so myself.

#7 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

He's got Supreme Strength, so he's flipping eighteen-wheelers at the very least.

#8 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

True, but so is she. Plus, she has the armor to withstand it.

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Are you still writing the DarkEnders guy? Now that there's so few people in the FPL, I reckon we should start maybe helping each other out. Maybe Catatonia should have an arch rival. We could give her more storylines with Epoch or something. I dunno.

Because there's three or four of us, I think it would make a lot more sense to be more transparent about what we're doing.

#10 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

True, but so is she. Plus, she has the armor to withstand it.

Not if Patriot swoops in and punts her into the ocean.

#11 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Are you still writing the DarkEnders guy? Now that there's so few people in the FPL, I reckon we should start maybe helping each other out. Maybe Catatonia should have an arch rival. We could give her more storylines with Epoch or something. I dunno.

Because there's three or four of us, I think it would make a lot more sense to be more transparent about what we're doing.

Yeah I'm still working on it. I got it about half done and got kinda distracted. I'm definitely going back to it though. I'm down to write more for Cat though. I think it would be better if someone else wrote her rival though, and you can definitely expect a couple more matches and storylines with her, especially if we get more characters.

@Deo ....True.... But she can jump! haha

#12 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm writing a pair of Sentinel Heroes right now. But if you have ideas for who her archrival should be - I think everyone would love to hear'em.

#13 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I really have no ideas at the moment, but I'm looking to write at least a couple more archs like I did when she first was added. So I would love an arch rival for her.

#14 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Match Final Results
Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks) Won a match against Eternal Patriot
3 to 2
Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks): 25 fame points
Eternal Patriot : -25 fame points

#15 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Who do you guys want to see Cat vs next?

#16 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Frogurt! I want to see what her deepest wishes are.
Or maybe Frayed if you want to experiment with how she deals with fear and desperation.
Or Flawless if you want to write about how she deals with someone who is just better than she is.
Hard Knox, maybe, but we really, as a group, need to build how The Fallen works.

#17 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

The Fallen work like all the other major groups save the AoM and Sayang, in the sense that people can allude to a power structure that may, or may not exist. All I remember of the Fallen's retooling is that there are the Guardians from New Eden who are like the Big Bads and that Knox is in charge of FOE, but aside from that the Fallen works however you want it to work at the time.

#18 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Right, Loose Canon.

#19 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

heh, I see what you did there.

#20 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Those are good suggestions. I may have to read a couple of them to see if I can pull off the character though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, of, the, wills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users