51 replies to this topic

#41 Doom

Doom

RP Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you like that you should check out the game Advent Rising, in that one humanity had some super insane psychic powers that they'd forgotten a long time ago. Fortunately, they were able to teach the bare essentials of these abilities to aliens who later showed up and rescued the two human survivor while another alien race exterminates mankind.

The friendly fish aliens can, at their best, use human teachings to levitate a cup in the air for a few seconds.

The player character, being a normal guy who had been retaught to use human abilities ends up being able to slow down the flow of time around him.

Wow. Thanks Ruinus, I now have some new, fresh material in which to work on.

#42 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

What about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth? They are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization.

Nowhere does it say that the Tablet is actually made out of anything special, it's just a text on alchemy that doesn't work. I'm pretty sure you're actually hurting your chances that humankind was advanced with that one. The tablet is kind of proof of how backwards people were before Galileo defined the scientific method.

#43 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

I just don't like the way the video keeps referencing religious quotes and texts. Religion has been a means to control people, and it always has. Take the pharoahs for example. If they wanted a huge pyramid or palace built, just tell everyone the gods are gonna torture them in the afterlife or something and they'll do it. Trouble is, over the generations, the pharoahs themselves came to believe it (I believe some were quite psychotic, which is probably why the liked killing slaves and family members etc.)

#44 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I just finished watching the last bit of the video (I stopped watching it after I nearly had a stitch from laughing so hard) out of bordom, and I've worked out that the people who made the video are just a bunch of friggin' hippies that want to take down the 'corporations'. What a load of shit.

#45 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

The bad thing that videos like these sometimes do is reference texts, religious or otherwise, without bothering to tell you what lines, pages, or paragraphs they are actually referencing.

#46 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Off-topic, I know, but with your new pic, Ruinus, I almost thought you were Shilane for a minute. :D

#47 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Posting this to say that I've seen the video before, seen his other stuff, I think it's interesting, and will comment in greater detail when I have the time.

That said, I think you're all generally missing the point that the video and Hays is trying to get through. Though for some of you I suspect it's on purpose as a debate style, while others I suspect it's just your lack of wisdom and intelligence. As stated though, I don't have the time atm to post any longer then I have to, but later today I will try to jump into this thing.

#48 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Ok... First off, I want to tackle the first "Issue" that seems to have been had with this film.

The Pyramids.

First off, I want to say that I really don't have that much of an understanding on This particular subject. All I know is that the Pyramids are made out of Stone, Really Big, and people are Confused as to how all that stone was actually put in place.

Frankly, though, if the other claims about the Math behind them are indeed true, then that's some awesome work for 2500BC Tusken Raiders. Done with Precision, fine enough that it would make even the great Greeks thinkers centuries later envious. What with the Golden Spiral, perfectly lining up with Orions Belt, and yes, lining up with the (not sure what this means) Sacred Node Points of the world.

The Wobble

What people today seem to take for granted, is that things we know today were generally discovered by far greater men then they were, long ago. Modern Science only actually Theorized the Earths Wobble only 250 years ago, and only started Testing for it at the turn of the 20th century.

The only thing though, is that, that wasn't really the main point of that part of the Talk. The guy's main point there was the "Great Year" or as he calls it, the Procession of the Equinox. It's not just understanding that the Earth Wobbles, but accurately measuring it over a span of time to understand and predict the time it takes to complete one Full Rotation through all it's wobbles. Which was 25,920 years or something.

Atlantis

Ok, lots of Stupid going on here from my glance at the comments. First off, I don't think Anyone was really dumb enough to believe that Atlantians are mermaids that live under water. That shit is Disney, not fact or theory. Most accounts point to the fact that the Civilization was Well Above water, and that their island Sunk, which of course as any sane person would come to realize Ended their civilization. Since, you know, they weren't Merpeople...

There are accounts of Cities found Under Water, that Weren't Made Underwater, but crafted while the land was Above the water. Between then and now however, the land Sunk and submerged the cities.

The Video doesn't even state anything about cities being built underwater, so I don't know where any of you got that impression...

Male / Female Species thingy

Ok, I've seen some of the other SS things, and he's not talking about Physical Sexual Characteristics. He's talking about the Mental State of people.

Hebrew Future Aliens?

Frankly, other then state that they're from our future and possibly from another world, the guy actually praises the shit out of them. Saying that everything was peachy and they taught us alot of the things we didn't understand. How the differences between these people actually benefited everyone.

Martians?

Once again it touches on the subject of Sexes. Once again I point out that this is just a Mental State, and not a Physical Gender Perception.

I believe as well that it was stated that a civilization, constantly at war with itself, and constantly in strife would eventually unravel and destroy itself. I believe that was an argument pointed out to say that this Theory cannot possibly be true... except you know, the Theory basically Says That's what happened.

I have my own theories on this too... that if this guy is correct, than these "Martians" are actually the source of Psychopathy within humans. But that's for another discussion.

Noetics or Mass Conciousness

Um, I don't think any of you really bothered to tackle this one, given the babbling done about the previous points...

I'd like some discussion on this if it's not a bother.

Last words before I hit Add Reply?

Well, I can't honestly believe Everything this guy says, but there are kernels of truth in the mix, and from other video's of his, good ideas. I can see though, that it's really a turn off to those without open minds, and why they take opposition to the source as a whole, rather then the few ideas and concepts that actually make sense. Even if they're broached in a weird way... Whatever, I've typed too much as it is.

#49 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

The guy just says "Duh, well Hebrews are obviously alionz!" like the guy off Ancient Aliens. It's just... Retarded. Maybe he could have made it make more sense if he said it differently, but the way he says it can come off as downright offensive.

#50 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

How the hell is a city being on land and then sinking proof of anything then? Yes, that could happen, no shit, how is that relevant to anything? I mean, every city in Hawaii is going to become an "Atlantis" eventually, that doesn't mean we're bunch of freaking god-psychics.

Also, no, the wobble wasn't just theorized 250 years ago. The reason was theorized with Newton, but the fact that the Earth wobbles has been known since over 100 years before Christ. Yeah.

#51 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

The guy just says "Duh, well Hebrews are obviously alionz!" like the guy off Ancient Aliens. It's just... Retarded. Maybe he could have made it make more sense if he said it differently, but the way he says it can come off as downright offensive.

Yeah, while I can understand alot of his points, and there's some really good or interesting points made, there's just as many if not more that are kinda... well...

Posted Image

How the hell is a city being on land and then sinking proof of anything then? Yes, that could happen, no shit, how is that relevant to anything? I mean, every city in Hawaii is going to become an "Atlantis" eventually, that doesn't mean we're bunch of freaking god-psychics.

I would also accept LA as a future candidate for underwater city, what with the plate tectonics and all that.

Also, no, the wobble wasn't just theorized 250 years ago. The reason was theorized with Newton, but the fact that the Earth wobbles has been known since over 100 years before Christ. Yeah.

Good for you, now explain how the Sumerians and Egyptians knew this millennia before that.

#52 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Good for you, now explain how the Sumerians and Egyptians knew this millennia before that.

Pretty simple, look for yourself.

Scroll down to Egyptian. The very fact that they knew it is controversial. And it's not that special. "Whether or not the ancients knew of the mechanics of the Precession before its definition by Hipparchos the Bithynian in the second century BC is uncertain, but as dedicated watchers of the night sky they could not fail to be aware of its effects." Observing precession by itself doesn't mean they're impossibly advanced by any means, they just looked to the sky a lot. The hard part is the reason (which requires calculus, being almost nonexistant until Isaac Newton) and the actual quantification (2 degrees relative to the autumnal equinox).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users