Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

This video is hilarious. Hebrews came from the future? :lol:

Oh and they're extraterrestrials now? Okay...

#22 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

If it is so simple, then why for so long people thought the Earth was flat? How were these ancient cultures able to know so much about the solar system? They described in detail what the other planets looked like.

lolwut? No one is saying there were people living underwater, or that city functioned underwater. No one said they kept living, there cities sinking is what killed a lot of them off. How aren't you getting this? I'll try to explain this one more time. They found ancient cities underwater. The cities at one point were above the water, at a certain point, the city sank. The people living there were either killed, or fled the city. The coral surrounding the area shows that the land at one point was out of the water. Coral lives in waters that are 150 feet deep, it can't live in waters deeper then that, but they are finding old coral which is really deep into the water, which means the land sank into the water. I'm pretty sure the pole shift is to blame for it.

EDIT: I don't know, just thought this video could make for a good talk. I think media has turned us into believing that there is nothing more to this world then making money. From a young age, it is implanted into our heads that we need a large bank account and a red sports car to be "happy". When something greater than being a normal human is present, we laugh it off saying it is bull shit. Simply because we are so insecure, and want to reassure that we humans are top dog. It is a primal fear to think that man would be inferior to anything else in this world.

I just think everything should be explored and not laughed off. During WW2 they said the German scientists were so successful because they never thought anything to be foolish, and they were willing to try anything.

Like I said, I am not endorsing anything in this video, just wanted to talk about something other than men in tights.

No scientist ever thought the Earth was flat. People thought the Earth was flat because the Church told them it was. The Church thought it was because that's how they interpreted Christianity. People have been knowing that the Earth is round for thousands of years.

Most interpretations of Atlantis are those of a functioning underwater city. There is nothing impressive of "futuristic" or anything about a normal city that sank. I guess by those standards everyone living in Honolulu is an interdimensional psychic human.

So instead of talking about men in tights you want to take about Alien Jews and Psychic transdimensional prehistoric Atlanteans. I actually think men in tights are a lot more believable, and less ridiculously idiotic.

#23 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

This video is hilarious. Hebrews came from the future?

Oh and they're extraterrestrials now? Okay...

Yeah, apparently this video actually seems to be pretty racist.

#24 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hayes I really hope this is trolling.

#25 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Most interpretations of Atlantis are those of a functioning underwater city. There is nothing impressive of "futuristic" or anything about a normal city that sank. I guess by those standards everyone living in Honolulu is an interdimensional psychic human.

-sigh- You still aren't getting it. The point of discovering 10,000 year old cities is that it disputes the mainstream thought of humans being hunter and gatherers.

Hayes I really hope this is trolling.

Wow, I could not have made this any more clear. I'll try again.

I'm not endorsing anything this video claims, I am not saying I believe anything this video says. I just thought it would be a fun conversation. That's it. Can't be any clearer, to me it is just fun to think outside the box, I see that I am alone. I would have figured most of you would think it was entertaining since we find an alien with sun powers to be cool.

Never mind though, close the thread already.

#26 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Oh I do find the video entertaining. I'm laughing my ass off here. As fiction, this is completely funny.

But as a serious discussion/fun conversation? Not so much.

#27 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

-sigh- You still aren't getting it. The point of discovering 10,000 year old cities is that it disputes the mainstream thought of humans being hunter and gatherers.

Wow, I could not have made this any more clear. I'll try again.

I'm not endorsing anything this video claims, I am not saying I believe anything this video says. I just thought it would be a fun conversation. That's it. Can't be any clearer, to me it is just fun to think outside the box, I see that I am alone. I would have figured most of you would think it was entertaining since we find an alien with sun powers to be cool.

Never mind though, close the thread already.

What the f*ck are you talking about? First of all, you mentioned that nowhere until now, second, the oldest city, considered by every anthropologist who ever lived, was Sumer, from 4500 BC. Also, people didn't believe that there were hunters and gatherers at 10,000 BC, the WHOLE SIGNIFICANCE of the date is that 10,000 BC is when people STOPPED hunting and gathering and started forming settlements because they learned how to farm.

#28 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

What about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth? They are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization.

#29 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I've never seen a credible source that says the Emerald Tablets were actually made of emerald, its wiki entry only mentions it being made out of emerald in the dreams of some guy.

EDIT: Also, there's no reason to close this topic, it's not like I'm out to get people for having different ideas or sharing silly videos.

#30 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

EDIT: Also, there's no reason to close this topic, it's not like I'm out to get people for having different ideas or sharing silly videos.

Nah, it just seemed like one of those threads that were gonna go nowhere fast.

#31 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

It could be one of those threads... but if I closed this one for going nowhere I'd probably have to close alot of them for going nowhere.

#32 Doom

Doom

RP Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Humankind was once a interdimensional psychic super race? Are you freaking kidding me?

That sounds like the start of a good, RP campaign actually. Now I might be tempted to watch it for ideas.

#33 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

If you like that you should check out the game Advent Rising, in that one humanity had some super insane psychic powers that they'd forgotten a long time ago. Fortunately, they were able to teach the bare essentials of these abilities to aliens who later showed up and rescued the two human survivor while another alien race exterminates mankind.

The friendly fish aliens can, at their best, use human teachings to levitate a cup in the air for a few seconds.

The player character, being a normal guy who had been retaught to use human abilities ends up being able to slow down the flow of time around him.

#34 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

This is why no one takes conspiracy theorists seriously. Because 9 times out of 10, they say really retarded shit.

#35 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I haven't watched this video and I probably (from what I'm reading so far) won't take much stock in it, but to derail the thread, I keep trying to tell Ruinus that there is no such thing as time (beyond it being a human construct of measurement) and he never believed that either.

#36 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is why no one takes conspiracy theorists seriously. Because 9 times out of 10, they say really retarded shit.

Or is it 10 times out of 9? This guy I met on a bus said his mom's home ec teacher took a class in college saying how numbers and fractions are fake...

#37 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Women lie/Men lie/Numbers don't lie

#38 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Holy shit, seriously? Hebrews and martians came to earth and made us what we are today? God, I don't know where to begin about how stupid this is. If humans and martians were all male/female, how could they reproduce? Another thing is that the martians would never function properly at all if they would all just kill eachother. Besides, what would the martians possibly achieve by invading earth? Nothing! It's just pointless!

#39 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wasn't that the plot of the last Ridley Scott movie? The one with the Engineers?

#40 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

No. HP Lovecraft isn't retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users