#1 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

A friend of mine showed me this last night, thought it would make for a good discussion, it is an hour long, but it's pretty cool I thought.

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Condense. Summarize. Please.

#3 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just watch the video.

#4 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Maybe when I have a hour to waste on one video. -.-

#5 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Watch ten minutes of it over the next 6 days??

#6 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Eh, I watched it all in one go. You could just listen to it while doing other things, however. The imagery isn't that important; the concept is really auditory-- though there are some parts that you'll need to watch in the video, it isn't really excessive.

#7 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I probably don't have to watch the rest of the video beyond the first 30 second with the whole "No one knows how the Pyramids of Giza were constructed". When a video gets something wrong in less than half a minute you know it's fail.

Though I might go through it at some point just because I've got nothing better to do.

#8 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I probably don't have to watch the rest of the video beyond the first 30 second with the whole "No one knows how the Pyramids of Giza were constructed". When a video gets something wrong in less than half a minute you know it's fail.

Though I might go through it at some point just because I've got nothing better to do.

While their are theories on how they were built, they have stones cut and placed more precise than they can do with todays technology. Adds a bit of wonder or mystery to it. No one has ever been able to duplicate it exactly, much less with similar tech that the Egyptians had.

#9 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

While their are theories on how they were built, they have stones cut and placed more precise than they can do with todays technology. Adds a bit of wonder or mystery to it. No one has ever been able to duplicate it exactly, much less with similar tech that the Egyptians had.

Of course we can't replicate them... because we don't know exactly how they were built. As you mentioned, there are quite a few ideas on how they did it, with external ramps that circled the pyramid, to internal ramps suggested a while ago by a French architect (I think), to the recent idea that the limestone blocks were an early form of concrete and cast... so it makes perfect sense that we can't rebuild them with their methods if we don't even know the exact method they used.

#10 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm not saying the video is 100 percent true, it just makes you think.

#11 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Eh, my immediate reaction upon hearing "We don't know how the Pyramids of Giza were built" to "The Pyramids are the exact center of the focal point of all sacred human sites" is "Oh man, here we go." Then I started hearing things about Lemuria, the Nephilim, Atlantis and I know it was going off the deep end (as if the cartoon drawings didn't tip me off before that.) I haven't seen it, so maybe there are some aprts that are right, but I waged right now 12 Funny Monies that it'll only make me think "I can't believe this kind of stuff exists in 2013 in the country that put men on the Moon."

#12 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Eh, my immediate reaction upon hearing "We don't know how the Pyramids of Giza were built" to "The Pyramids are the exact center of the focal point of all sacred human sites" is "Oh man, here we go." Then I started hearing things about Lemuria, the Nephilim, Atlantis and I know it was going off the deep end (as if the cartoon drawings didn't tip me off before that.) I haven't seen it, so maybe there are some aprts that are right, but I waged right now 12 Funny Monies that it'll only make me think "I can't believe this kind of stuff exists in 2013 in the country that put men on the Moon."

Well the truth is, no one know how the pyramids were made. it is speculation really. None of us were there. So I don't think he'd be wrong in saying that.

Atlantis isn't that silly to think of, considering how recently they have found cities under water that show humans were much more advanced then what mainstream science says. These cities are estimated to be 10,000 years old, supposedly we were mere hunters and gatherers at that time.

There is speculation, and fact in the video. It's entertaining to say the least.

#13 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Lost city 'could rewrite history'

By BBC News Online's Tom Housden

The remains of what has been described as a huge lost city may force historians and archaeologists to radically reconsider their view of ancient human history.

Marine scientists say archaeological remains discovered 36 meters (120 feet) underwater in the Gulf of Cambay off the western coast of India could be over 9,000 years old.

The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.

The site was discovered by chance last year by oceanographers from India's National Institute of Ocean Technology conducting a survey of pollution.

Using sidescan sonar - which sends a beam of sound waves down to the bottom of the ocean they identified huge geometrical structures at a depth of 120ft.

Debris recovered from the site - including construction material, pottery, sections of walls, beads, sculpture and human bones and teeth has been carbon dated and found to be nearly 9,500 years old.

#14 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

It doesn't take 2,000 years of observation to know how the Earth wobbles. It requires a basic understanding of how a top works, and the knowledge that the Earth rotates.

Also, just because they found it underwater doesn't mean it was constructed underwater. Your third grade science teacher called to tell you that the water geography of the planet changes over time.

At 3:26 I turned it off. This is the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever heard in my freaking life. What? Humankind was once a interdimensional psychic super race? Are you freaking kidding me?

#15 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Did it really say that? Wow lol.

I'm tempted to actually watch and find out.

#16 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

It doesn't take 2,000 years of observation to know how the Earth wobbles. It requires a basic understanding of how a top works, and the knowledge that the Earth rotates.

Also, just because they found it underwater doesn't mean it was constructed underwater.

For "primitive" people to know that, is very impressive.

No one said they were? It's assumed they were above land, but sank into the water.

Like I said, some of it is out there, but look at what the monks in Tibet are capable of. I think there is more to the world then living and dying.

#17 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

No, it really isn't at all. The concept of precession is fairly simple (again, all it takes is a simple understanding of how a top works, a toy thousands of years old), and the fact that the Earth rotates has been known for almost all of human civilization.

Yeah, because that city was inhabited for the thousands of years it would take for the land mass to sink underwater, right. And everyone in it just kept on living. The land mass would probably have sunk far after the civilization had left/been destroyed/whatever. Even if they did stay, it still proves nothing because the city could have been easily destroyed or abandoned as soon as it reached below sea level. Sorry, but there is no real, credible evidence for a functioning underwater city.

#18 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

No, it really isn't at all. The concept of precession is fairly simple (again, all it takes is a simple understanding of how a top works, a toy thousands of years old), and the fact that the Earth rotates has been known for almost all of human civilization.

Even if they did stay, it still proves nothing because the city could have been easily destroyed or abandoned as soon as it reached below sea level. Sorry, but there is no real, credible evidence for a functioning underwater city.

If it is so simple, then why for so long people thought the Earth was flat? How were these ancient cultures able to know so much about the solar system? They described in detail what the other planets looked like.

lolwut? No one is saying there were people living underwater, or that city functioned underwater. No one said they kept living, there cities sinking is what killed a lot of them off. How aren't you getting this? I'll try to explain this one more time. They found ancient cities underwater. The cities at one point were above the water, at a certain point, the city sank. The people living there were either killed, or fled the city. The coral surrounding the area shows that the land at one point was out of the water. Coral lives in waters that are 150 feet deep, it can't live in waters deeper then that, but they are finding old coral which is really deep into the water, which means the land sank into the water. I'm pretty sure the pole shift is to blame for it.

EDIT: I don't know, just thought this video could make for a good talk. I think media has turned us into believing that there is nothing more to this world then making money. From a young age, it is implanted into our heads that we need a large bank account and a red sports car to be "happy". When something greater than being a normal human is present, we laugh it off saying it is bull shit. Simply because we are so insecure, and want to reassure that we humans are top dog. It is a primal fear to think that man would be inferior to anything else in this world.

I just think everything should be explored and not laughed off. During WW2 they said the German scientists were so successful because they never thought anything to be foolish, and they were willing to try anything.

Like I said, I am not endorsing anything in this video, just wanted to talk about something other than men in tights.

#19 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Actually, alot of things you would assume to be hard for a primitive people to know are actually somewhat easy to figure out. Take the circumference of the Earth for instance, Erastothenes figured that out with some shadows and some sticks and basic math.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Condense. Summarize. Please.

STFU JOHN TURTURRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users