• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

No this was a page during one of the Justice League issues. This was part of the fight they showed that happened in the past. That's all they showed of the fight.

#42 crzyrkrdd

crzyrkrdd

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Lol i always feel like everyone is a factor, so im wondering why no one brought up the naruto teams genjutsu abilities, or the dbzs teams strengths with the fusions and piccolos many abilities, also the team of video game characters was never summerized

#43 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

People talk about the characters they're most interested in. When you have a battle with this many characters involved the conversation is naturally going to focus on the few who are most popular.

My suggestion, if you want to have better discussions featuring DBZ and Naruto characters is to put them into one on one conflicts. Also, since Marvel and DC characters are generally better known and better liked on the boards, be prepared to give lots of information on the other characters. If you create something like Rock Lee vs. Spider-man, be prepared for people saying Spidey is much stronger and faster. If you want to argue that Rock is as good, or better, have some research ready, like a scan or a video of him performing a feat of strength or speed that can roughly be measured.

#44 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I have been saying the DBZ and other universes actually will be a problem for Marvel. That's a plus for DC because DC's team is too fast and powerful for the other Universes to be a problem. However I could see them making things harder for Marvel and DC working with the other universes to take out Marvel.

Gohan, Majin Buu, and Vegito would make things hard for Marvel. They could work together with DC to double team Marvel's heavy hitters. Surfer, Thor, and Sentry with there personalities wouldn't team up with the other teams. Superman and the DC team actually would do that because they know there chances of winning would be higher.

Alot of ways the battle could go.

#45 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

silver surfer is as fast as anyone on team dc and way more powerful the z fghters will get owned by either dc or marvel.

#46 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Surfer is going to be too busy with Green Lantern. Thor is going to be battling Superman, Wonder Woman, and even Goku at the same time in one hell of a brawl.

The battle can go in any direction.

#47 crzyrkrdd

crzyrkrdd

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Now what is the viewpoint of how the heroes will react to the genjutsu like the ones Sasuke has, like can Superman or Thor or Goku counter that on a mental level or do they have a good defence for it?Also Bjuu Naruto is powerful as he has set off blast powerful enough to hurt the juubi which is like a god in their universe, with kakashi and Jirayas skill also this team should not be counted out too early and also the DBZ team has more than just energy blasts and punches and kicks, Piccolo can stretch his body parts and change his size to extreme proportions, Gotenks has his ghost kamikaze which should be something to be able to hit MM pretty hard even if he phases, Vegito has different abilities also like his energy sword which should come in handy in the battle, Majin buu is just hard to destroy if u cant destroy his whole body which will be a problem and there's nothing really keeping him from absorbing the heroes, they wont get what he's doing because i don't think they've seen someone do it like that before, The video game team also has a few almost god level people like raiden and Kratos, and with the help of alucard and cloud and Asura they should not be forgotten in deciding, I like both Marvel and DC but those shouldn't be the only two factored in

#48 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Very true that's why I said the other universes would pose a problem for Marvel. Kratos and Raiden would be annoyances for Thor. DC wouldn't have problems with any of the other universes because there simply too fast and powerful. Surfer will be too busy with Green Lantern and won't own everybody like comic book fan keeps claiming. Hell Green Lantern Hal Jordan could defeat Surfer.

Also one of the other problems is Majin Buu though once he starts to kill and absorb people more then likely Surfer as well Lantern make quick work of him together to remove him as a serious threat in the battle.

Like I said before many ways the battle could go.

#49 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

snip

silver surfer is as fast as anyone on team dc

Not quite, Silver Surfer isn't capable of going above the speed of light in normal space, in order to reach those speeds, he needs to jump into hyper space.

This makes, at the very least, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan faster than him.

#50 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

It's established that the DC characters do this in normal space?

#51 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

The DC characters mentioned can move faster then the speed of light period. Normal space, Earth ,or whatever.

#52 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Pretty sure they can't on Earth, actually. Not without destroying the planet. It's why we only ever see them moving that fast in space.

#53 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Only the Speed Force guys.

#54 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

silver surfer is as fast as anyone on team dc

Not quite, Silver Surfer isn't capable of going above the speed of light in normal space, in order to reach those speeds, he needs to jump into hyper space.

This makes, at the very least, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan faster than him.

he doesn't have to travel through hyperspace to reach the speed of light he just chooses to because it is faster and all the negitive effects it could have on the other planets.

#55 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

he doesn't have to travel through hyperspace to reach the speed of light he just chooses to because it is faster and all the negitive effects it could have on the other planets.

Then I suppose you have a scan which proves your claim?

#56 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

i have comics on hand but no scaner do you have scans where the surfer says he has to enter hyperspace to travel light speed.

#57 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

i have comics on hand but no scaner do you have scans where the surfer says he has to enter hyperspace to travel light speed.

No, I don't have any scans where he says he has to enter hyperspace, I do have several scans of him entering hyperspace to travel vast distances though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As for you not having any scanner, that's not actually a problem, simply provide the comic title and the number of the issue.

#58 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

The DC characters mentioned can move faster then the speed of light period. Normal space, Earth ,or whatever.

Sounds like the difference is the DC writers can't be bothered to rationalize why their characters aren't bound by the rules of physics.

#59 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Heh it's comics when people start flying and breaking the sound barrier physics goes out the window to be honest. Flash and Superman have both hit light speed on Earth in the past. Flash I know for a fact has gone light speed more then once. (Speed force) Flash may have even gone FTL in the past as well. Superman I swear I remember him hitting light speed on Earth with flying. I would have to think further on that one. It's never been said that's why they don't go FTL on Earth. They just don't go that fast around cities or places where there are civilians. Once there away from such things they actually go faster and don't worry about there speed. Though they only go light speed when needed.

#60 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

No, I don't have any scans where he says he has to enter hyperspace, I do have several scans of him entering hyperspace to travel vast distances though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As for you not having any scanner, that's not actually a problem, simply provide the comic title and the number of the issue.

silversurfer annual 3 the korvac quest from 1991 he outruns all of the guardians of the galaxy to the point they can't even see him including starhawk who is well known as an ftl charicter until he slows down and lets them catch up and he doesn't enter hyperspace then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users