• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Could there be such a thing?

For those of you that don't know, the omniverse is supposedly where every fictional character, every fictional universe, every fictional multiverse resides. All these multiverses revolve around the real world and thus, any character can meet up through worlds merging (see link). If you click on the link it says that the omniverse is real, but just in our imaginations.

If copyright laws didn't exist, would it be impossible for such different franchises like Bob the Builder and Mortal Kombat to meet up? Of course not! But I guess it wouldn't make a very good story if they ever did meet up.

But here's my question. Take one franchise, and another completely different franchise. How many steps does it take before they can meet up?

Bob the Builder - Scooby-Doo - Batman - Mortal Kombat.

See? Just four steps!

#2 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

There have been actual crossovers that show anyone can meet anyone.
i.e Ghost Rider changes places with Casper the freindly ghost.
The Punisher meets Archie.
The X-men crossover with Star trek twice. Original series and Next Generation.
Duck Dodgers and Green Lantern.
Superman meets the Quick Bunny, He-man, Aliens, Predators, etc.
Jay and Silent Bob cameo in Green Arrow.

Altough for your degrees of seperation question I will now connect Mickey Mouse to Jay and Silent Bob.
Mickey Mouse was shown in Who framed Roger Rabbit. As was Daffey Duck. Who played Duck Dodgers. Who accidentally became a Green Lantern after picking up Hal Jordan's dry cleaning. Hal Jordan is friends with Green Arrow who has met Jay and Silent Bob.

I will now connect Bugs Bunney to Leather Face.
Bugs Bunney has an illigitamite son Buster Bunney. Who was once saved from drowning by Superman. Who fought Thor. Who became a zombie along with other marvel characters who were killed by Ash Williams. Who fought. Jason Voorhies. Who was adopted by the Hewitt family and became Thomas' rival.

#3 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Altough for your degrees of seperation question I will now connect Mickey Mouse to Jay and Silent Bob.
Mickey Mouse was shown in Who framed Roger Rabbit. As was Daffey Duck. Who played Duck Dodgers. Who accidentally became a Green Lantern after picking up Hal Jordan's dry cleaning. Hal Jordan is friends with Green Arrow who has met Jay and Silent Bob.

Bugs Bunney has an illigitamite son Buster Bunney. Who was once saved from drowning by Superman. Who fought Thor. Who became a zombie along with other marvel characters who were killed by Ash Williams. Who fought. Jason Voorhies. Who was adopted by the Hewitt family and became Thomas' rival.

Huh! Pretty cool! Perhaps one day we could see Mickey Mouse, Silent Bob, Bugs Bunny and Leatherface duking it out!

#4 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

In that case I see Bugs defeating Mickey, Silent Bob defeating Leather Face and then Silent Bob saying something so insightful on this very topic it leaves Bugs stunned as Silent Bob lights a joint and walks away. And then Jay comes and teabags Leather Face.

#5 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

I actually have a theory into why our world is so hard to connect with other universes. When the Big Bang Happened, we must have then the first world to cut off from the rest of the multiverse. Thus we are the furthest away from any other universe. Other universes can connect to each other via how close they are to each other. The closer they are, the higher the probability. Thus the Capcom Universes can connect to Marvel and Dc connects with Mortal Combat. Or those crossovers are different universes in themselves.

#6 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

But the real universe is not like the fictional universe. Like I said, it's in our imaginations. We can make any characters meet if we want them to because we're in control. But there are people who say that two characters can never meet, when they couldn't be more wrong.

It would be quite cool if there are other planets or universes that have their own fictional universes.

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Um, no, there are characters that can never meet. Bugs Bunny will never, ever, ever meet Leatherface. Ever.

#8 khoi

khoi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Interests:Well... Some suff that i do.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

But he will if u make an fan story of it lol.

#9 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Um, no, there are characters that can never meet. Bugs Bunny will never, ever, ever meet Leatherface. Ever.

Why? It's not impossible! In Tiny Toons, Plucky was attacked by a psycho with a chainsaw who beared a resemblance to Jason Voorhees. It may have only been a joke, but still.

#10 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

It all depends on the writers sence of humor.
But if Ghost Rider can trade places with Casper than anything goes.

Actually Leatherface would be a pretty good villain for Bugs. He is big, stupid and durable enough to survive at least some of Bugs' antics. And when Bugs sees his trics actually hurt someone for once it might trigger a kind of epiphany in him on how he treats people. Altough when he sees some of Leatherfaces' work it may just traumatise him. But surely I am not the only one who wants to see Bugs say "Oh boy Shit just got real."

#11 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Wow!

But yeah, this ^

There's an unspoken principle that most writers use. It's hard to put into words, but it has to do with the laws of reality for different characters. An example is probably better than an explanation.

Sam Spade can meet Batman. Spade is a character who only works (aesthetically) in a very realistic universe. Batman is a much less realistic character, but he can function in Spade's world. For a crossover to do both characters justice it's got to be a gritty Batman story with as little focus on gadgets and bullet dodging as possible.

Batman can meet Godzilla. Godzilla is a much less realistic character than Batman, but Batman works on that level too. IMO this would be an over the top story with Batman doing amazing, physics defying moves and using lots of gadgets.

But there's no good way you can put Sam Spade into Godzilla's world or vice versa without making it obvious parody.

That's the thing with Bugs and Leatherface, sure they can meet, but only by distorting one character or the other to fit the world they're both in.

#12 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Wow!

But yeah, this ^

There's an unspoken principle that most writers use. It's hard to put into words, but it has to do with the laws of reality for different characters. An example is probably better than an explanation.

Sam Spade can meet Batman. Spade is a character who only works (aesthetically) in a very realistic universe. Batman is a much less realistic character, but he can function in Spade's world. For a crossover to do both characters justice it's got to be a gritty Batman story with as little focus on gadgets and bullet dodging as possible.

Batman can meet Godzilla. Godzilla is a much less realistic character than Batman, but Batman works on that level too. IMO this would be an over the top story with Batman doing amazing, physics defying moves and using lots of gadgets.

But there's no good way you can put Sam Spade into Godzilla's world or vice versa without making it obvious parody.

That's the thing with Bugs and Leatherface, sure they can meet, but only by distorting one character or the other to fit the world they're both in.

That is really the whole point. It seems that once the crossover is over, the characters seem to completely forget about what has transpired and will go on living normally. Take various Marvel vs DC crossovers for example, like Superman vs Spider-Man. They say that when the two universes cross over, they temporarily fuse and create another universe entirely. The two worlds then seperate, and like I said, just go on as normal.

Then take things like Playstation Allstars. All the characters live in different universes at different times, yet can still meet up. Then some crossovers like JLA vs Avengers actually do count as canon (sort of). It's confusing as hell, but quite facinating really.

#13 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well most slasher films seem to have their own version of physics. Not as wacky as a warner brothers short but still outside anything realistic.
Texas chainsaw is supposedly more serious than some other slasher franchises and there is nothing officially supernatural about Leatherface but one only needs to see the seven foot psycho sneak up on people, run around but never tire and shake off the effects of mortal wounds to let that idea go.
Bugs has been shown interacting with a more realistic world than his own several times. If the two were to meet it would be more along the lines of a meta joke wheren Bugs sees what his antics could do the human body with a villain just as stupid as any he's faced before. It might be a parody but the looney toons parody lots of things.
And any writers principal can and will get thrown out when someone either wants to make money or share thier weird idea with the world. eg Spider-man meets Jay Leno.

#14 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Alright, how about this one: Could Optimus Prime meet Bananaman?

Well, Bananaman has met Dennis the Menace (UK version), who has met Wallace and Gromit. Wallace and Gromit have met Shaun the Sheep, who has met Timmy the Sheep, who I'm pretty sure has met other British children's show characters, who have met Scooby-Doo, who has met Batman, who has met Spider-Man and several other Marvel heroes, who have met Ryu and other Street Fighter characters, who have met Heihachi Mishima, who has met Raiden from Metal Gear Solid, who has met Solid Snake, who has met Optimus Prime. Phew, now that was a long one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users