#1 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

“Do we have a deal?”

A proper man lowers his right hand and curling his fingers around the small cup. He sips a bit of the strong liquor and puts the cup back down. He looks toward the older villain with assurance.

“Yes, we have a deal, Professor. But my knights and I will be looking forward to more of our success together.”

Armand pours Professor James Moriarty another glass. They clink their cups together and takes a sip at the same time.

“Good, Armand. We will discuss more in the near future.”

The two smile toward another as villains do and take their leave amongst each other.

ENGLAND
It has been years after since they defeated Moriarty. He fakes his death and nearly was successful again if a certain Englishman wasn’t there to stop him with his doctor. Quatermain still pondered the events of Professor M. He hears a knock at the door as he rocks in his chair, in the darkness of his room. Being brought back to life is still taking an emotional effect on him. How? Why? Africa never lets him die, but nonetheless there has to be a reason why he’s still around at his old age. Opening the door is his protégé, Tom Sawyer. “Hey, old man.” Said the young American Agent. Allen Quatermain looks over his right shoulder and looking toward Sawyer. “I know I’m old but you don’t have to rub it in my face, lad. What is it?” Tom takes a few steps inside and responding to his father figure. “Moriarty, he’s still alive.”

When he said that, his fingers curled in to his palms, the fists of anger that he couldn’t kill him the first time. Allen, knows it eats at the younger but now older Sawyer. “It’s been years, lad. Don’t beat yourself up. Look at me, I’m pushing eighty five years old and The British Government still wants me move and do things like I’m that damn detective.” Sawyers head popped up quickly to look at Quatermain. “That’s what I forgot. The ah….British Government is coming here to see us. All of us.” Allen sighs and gets up walking out of the room, Tom follows his teacher to the main living room of The Leagues mansion. “About time you got him, chum.” Skinner stated to Tom. “Skinner if you don’t shut up….” Tom replied. Allen looks toward The Captain. “You’re getting up there in my age, Captain.” Nemo, with his hands behind him, he turns around and with such a serious look as usual. “sixty one is not that old, old friend.” Allen, patted Captain Nemo on the shoulder after saying their hellos. Walking in is a curvy, addictive woman and has not aged. She slides her index finger across her bottom lip to wipe off the evidence of just having a meal of man’s blood that was trying to mug her on the way to the meeting. “Well well well, boys. You all look….nice.” Tom looks at Skinner as Allen looks at Nemo, the four men looks toward their woman teammate. “So ah, how have you been?” Asked Sawyer and Skinner nudges Tom. “Well, I’m wiping my makeup off right now.”

“Oh, relax I had my fill for tonight, boys. Where is the other?” Mina Harker asks. Allen responds to her “None of us know. Maybe he had another relapse.” Skinner nudges his head and stating. “Or not.” Walking in to the room is Dr. Jekyll. “Actually yes. Reason why I am late is because I had to find new clothes. So, yes I had a relapse I suppose.” They all chuckle and greet each other after being only a few years apart. About 30mintues pass and walks in is the advisor to the queen of England. “God save the queen.” He stated and they League keeps silent. He straightens his jacket and continues. “Your country is need of your help again. Actually, three.” Allen, steps forward as the leader and places his hands in his pants pockets. “Three of what?” The advisor replies to Allen and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. “Countries. England, Mexico, and the United States.”
Sawyer steps forward in shock. “The states?! What business do the U.S have with Mexico and England?” The advisor slides his hand inside his jacket and taking out a note. “As you all know, Moriarty is still alive. This is the reason for this meeting. But, he has allied himself with a secret society of sorts called the Knights of Aragon. We overheard their deal.” Skinner responds to the advisor “Well well chop chop, out with it.” The advisor to the queen states. “The leader of the Knight of Aragon, Armand made a deal with Moriarty that if the professor helps him destroy the United States that the Professor can have as many weapons and make as many weapons as he chooses to rule over England and dethrone the queen. They want world domination.”

“You are both given the task to find them.” He gives Quatermain the two photos. “No no and no.” stated the old adventurer. “Mr. Quatermain he will be beneficial to your mission.” Allen replies to the advisor. “Why does he need to join us? Why can’t he go after this himself?” Allen asked. “Because he was sir. We had him going after only Moriarty but since Armand and his knights got involved it got a bit too big for him. Find, Mr. Holmes.”

A FEW DAYS LATER
“This is ridiculous.” Sawyer sighs after rolling his eyes, as they walk to the house of Dr. Watson. “Okay old man, I’ll bite. Why do you hate Sherlock so much?” Quatermain chuckles before responding. “Well, I don’t hate the lad, boy. I just dislike his attitude. He’s an Englishman version of yourself.” Tom, stopped in his tracks for about 2 seconds. “Oh.” That’s all Sawyer said in response to Allen. Quatermain knocks on the door five times and answers is Mrs. Watson. “Yes, can I help you?” Allen smiles politely and responding. “Yes, I’m very ill and my son thought I should see a doctor and we were suggested by a Mr. Mycroft Holmes .” She smiles widely and lets the two inside. “Come on in and I’ll get my husband right away.” They wait for a little bit and coming down the stairs with his cane is Dr. Watson. “Hello, gentlemen. You say you know Holmes?” Tom in his British voice responds. “Yes. Mycroft said you can help my father.” Watson, folds his arms and stating “How do you know Mycroft?” Allen responded. “His brother, Sherlock.” Watson’s face begins to frown a bit as he slowly lowers his arms at his sides. “W…what? How long ago?” Tom shrugs his shoulders. “Oh, about a month ago.” Watson nods his head as he raises his eyebrows. “Oh really?” He extends his small handgun toward the two League members. “Whoa whoa whoa!” Tom stated as he extends his hands up. “Oh, now your suddenly American.” stated Watson and Allen responds. “Listen, lad. We mean no harm. I just need to speak to Sherlock, it’s important.” Watson shakes his head. “Well, hate to break it to you, but Sherlock is dead.”

“No, I’m not.” The three of them looks around looking for the voice. All of sudden, Tom tackles the doctor in the waistline, forcing him to drop his gun. The both of them wrestle on the floor and Sherlock gets up from the chair and walking toward the scene. He takes of his mask and Allen looks toward the detective. “You look like a clown.” Sherlock chuckles. “You look like an old clown.” Holmes replied to Allen. Sherlock kick Watson lightly. “Will you get up already and give these fine gentlemen some tea?” Watson continues to roll and wrestle with Sawyer as he yells at Holmes. “You are supposed to be helping me!” Allen and Sherlock look at each other and then toward the two who keeps wrestling. “Come on, lad.” Allen gets Sawyer off of Watson while Sherlock helps the doctor off the ground. “Now what business do you have with us?”

“No, just you. Moriarty, we defeated him before with the help of…” Sherlock interrupted Quatermain. “Mina, Skinner, Hide, and Nemo. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Tom whispers to Allen. “Now see why you can’t stand this guy.” Sherlock places a pipe in his mouth and begins to smoke. “On the contrary I know of the League. Yes. I actually followed you both here. From Nemo’s amazing Nautilus on the English shores. Thing is I don’t work for the Queen, I actually just love the thrill of beat up badguys.” Allen with a slight smiles responds. “Well this will be right up your ally, lad. Moriarty has allied himself with The Knight of Aragon. They plan is to destroy the United States and take over Britain. Armand, is the Knights leader. Help us not just save Britain, but the world.”
Sherlock, slowly take the pipe out of his mouth and puffing out the last smoke. He looks toward Watson. “Wanna go on a trip with me?” Watson sighs and pats Sherlock on the shoulder. “Yeah, who else can keep you in check.” Sherlock nods to Quatermine and Sawyer. “We’re in.”

They make it to the London shores and Watson’s mouth is open in aw from the huge looking sword that is actually a ship. They all step inside and Sherlock meets the rest of the team. “Welcome to the team, Mr. Holmes.” Skinner stated as he shakes the detectives hand. “Alright, welcome Sherlock Holmes and his partner, Dr. John Watson. We’ll be heading to Mexico next. Let’s get ready. Nemo did you alert him?” The captain nods his head. “Yes he will be waiting for us on the shores of his country.”

MEXICO CALIFORNIA A FEW DAYS LATER
“I need you to be safe, I cannot let you come with me on this mission. Both of you.” Said de la Vega. Elena his wife, presses her lips to his in such a loving passion. Their son, Joaquin makes a nasty face. “Yuck!” The lads face looks up in aw. “Mama, Papa look!” The Nautilus raises from under the sea and the family looks in surprise at it. “Amazing.” Stated Vega. The League walks out to greet Vega and his family. “Greetings, Mr. Vega. I am Captain Nemo. This is Allen Quatermine, Tom Sawyer, Mina Harker, Rodney Skinner, Dr. Henry Jekyll, Sherock Holmes, and his partner Dr. John Watson. We’re the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and we’d be honored if you join us in a quest.” Vega holds his wife around her shoulders as his other hand is rested on his sons shoulder. “And what kind of quest, captain? To save The United States and California?” Allen Quatermain steps forward, taking charge. “No, lad. As what I told our new recruits Holmes and Watson. To save the world.”

Sherlock adds on to what Allen said. “We know you have been having a bad problem with Armand. He’s aligned himself with a very intelligent criminal mastermind, James Moriarty. I was after him but he somehow survived the fall as I did, but now that Armand and Moriarty are helping each other, it’s been a bit of a rougher ride for me.” Allen looks toward Vega. “We get Moriarty you get Armand. What do you say?” de la Vega looks at his wife and son. His kisses his son’s forehead and stating to him. “You have to be the man of the house now. Take care of your mother.” The boy nods his head as his look is saddened. Vega kisses his wife once more. “Keep our boy safe.” He hugs his family. “I love you, son. Elena dearest, I love you.” Vega picks up his bag that has his Zorro equipment in it. “You planned on going anyway.” Said Elena. She smiled as Vega looks over his left shoulder. “That is why I love you so much, always wanting to do the greater good.” Vega smiles at his wife and son and walks inside the Nautilus.

LATER THE NIGHT
THE New League of Extraordinary Gentlemen begin to discuss plans to take down Moriarty and Armand.

Moriarty looks out the window of his high mansion in the snowy mountains. Armand walks through his door and begins to question his partner in ruler ship. “I don’t understand, Why rebuild the place were the League first defeated you.” James smiles at the statement and with a small chuckle he responds. “Because I want them to come. Everything will be different. It looks the same on the outside, but different in the inside. The knights with their powers they won’t get to us. But if they do, we will have a surprise for them.”

The villainous duo smiles at one another.

Zorro sheathes his sword and stands next to Holmes. They all look at Zorro as the Nautilus door is opening. “What? Am I the only one with a superhero costume? You all need new fashion.” Stated Vega. “You all know the mission. Sawyer, Watson, and myself and stay over there on the hill in sniping range. Skinner, Holmes, and Zorro use the element of surprise of find Armand and Moriarty. Hide, Mina, and Nemo keep their path clean as much as you can. If they had our powers before, they might again. Lets get to work, League.” Allen stated the mission and now the battle to save the world is on.

It’s The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs Moriarty and Armand with 30 of Armand’s Knights with The League’s powers, 5 Flaming armored Knights, and 15 regular knights.)

10 Hide Knights of Aragon
10 Mina Knights of Aragon
10 Skinner Knights Aragon
5 Flaming Armored Knights of Aragon
15 Regular Knight of Aragon

Sawyer, Watson, and Allen (On top of a hill in sniping range to snipe through windows of the mansion)

Skinner, Holmes, and Zorro (To use the element of surprise to get pass the Knights but will fight if need to. Mission is to find Moriarty and Armand and stop them)

Hide, Mina, and Nemo(with 70 of his men) (Mission is to fight the knights of Aragon to keep Skinner, Holmes, and Zorro’s path clean)

(The League as has of their usual equipment and those carrying guns have silver bullets also. And anything else they need to face the 30 knights with Weaknesses of Mina, Skinner, and Hide.)

(I made the Moriarty from The League of Extraordinary Gentemen and Sherlock Holmes Game of Showers the same Moriarty because I thought it would be more interesting that way. Professor M is young Moriarty while the one in Game of Shadows is the old Moriarty which makes them the same in this story when he was young he did all of that stuff in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and in Game of Shadows he’s of course got smarter with age and stayed low from the League and all of that stuff in the Game of Shadows movie he did too. I hope I explained that well enough. Lol. This might be an ark depending on the votes and if you, the CBUBer’s like it because I have some ideas for this story. Sorry for any typos and hope you all enjoy the read.)

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTELMEN (Minus Dorian Gray)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

VS

Posted Image
(with 50 of his knights)
Posted Image

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Learn More About
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Read more about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics - Wildstorm Imprint Links: Wikipedia Entry - The League Archive.org - Annotations The League Foundation

Professor Moriarty
Read more about Professor Moriarty at Wikipedia
Official Site: Arthur Conan Doyle Links: Wikipedia International Hero Sherlock Holmes Wiki

#3 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Sorry the pics are so big. I tried resizing them but it didn't work. :(

#4 The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

My headcanon theory is that the Moriarty from "A Game of Shadows" IS the Moriarty from the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" movie. In "Game of Shadows", Moriarty mentions a doctor in his employ that can reconstruct faces. And we know that Sherlock survived the fall from the cliff. My theory is that Moriarty also survived the fall from the cliff, and changed his face so he'd look like Richard Roxburgh instead of looking like Jared Harris.

#5 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Mad Hatter.

#6 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

If I could describe this story in one word it would be 'cooooooool'.
This new and improved league can definately pull this off.

#7 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thanks a lot Xenerak!!!!!! I'm currently thinking of others fro Put in the league and various villains too.

#8 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

To let everyone know my internet is still out. I did this story at work. :)

#9 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Good match. Moriarty is going to be defeated just like last time he took on the league.

#10 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hah! Fun match up and it's great to see Zorro.

I'm assuming this is a descendant since the original operated about 1820 and would be really old at this time :D

The league should stomp their opposition but I'm going to research them a little before voting to be sure.

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Excellent setup and Team 2 wins. LOL did you guys miss the people on Team 2? This battle could go either way. Team One has to play it really smart in order to win and not get slaughtered. Team 2 has the power, stealth, and speed with there army among other things to win.

#12 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

The setup is very good, though in places the formatting is a bit odd and it didn't really flow that well to me.

I didn't notice any particular spelling or grammar mistakes.

All in all, I'm giving this a B.

For the match itself, there aren't given any particular detail about how long the knights have had their powers, which makes it a bit hard to judge how well they will use them.
All in all, I'm leaning towards the League, Mina has a fairly high experience advantage over the knights, and the league has the numerical advantage, even though Nemos men doesn't have any particular powers.

#13 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Good match. Moriarty is going to be defeated just like last time he took on the league.

Thanks, Mercenaryblade. :)

#14 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hah! Fun match up and it's great to see Zorro.

I'm assuming this is a descendant since the original operated about 1820 and would be really old at this time

The league should stomp their opposition but I'm going to research them a little before voting to be sure.

Yes, a descendant I thought of putting in Zorro cause he's rarely used. Like he will have a match of his own in this story. :)

#15 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Excellent setup and Team 2 wins. LOL did you guys miss the people on Team 2? This battle could go either way. Team One has to play it really smart in order to win and not get slaughtered. Team 2 has the power, stealth, and speed with there army among other things to win.

Thanks, bigballerju! Exactly, The League is being put to the test. Though they do have the weapons and weaknesses they need against the 30 who are powered up. So you're right sir, it can go either way.

#16 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

The setup is very good, though in places the formatting is a bit odd and it didn't really flow that well to me.

I didn't notice any particular spelling or grammar mistakes.

All in all, I'm giving this a B.

For the match itself, there aren't given any particular detail about how long the knights have had their powers, which makes it a bit hard to judge how well they will use them.
All in all, I'm leaning towards the League, Mina has a fairly high experience advantage over the knights, and the league has the numerical advantage, even though Nemos men doesn't have any particular powers.

The Knights have their poweers forever like in the League movie. They need to be dealt with for good. The League has the weaknesses of the 30 who are powered up. So, it can go either way. It'll just be harder for the league. Thanks for your opinion, kainboa!

#17 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Amazing set-up and a wekk deserved A from me. I will have to give this to the League but it won't be easy. The knights will sure help because for one Moriarty is a genius and with that powered up Knights, they will be placed strategically in way that the League will have to fight with intellect but they can pull it off.

#18 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Amazing set-up and a wekk deserved A from me. I will have to give this to the League but it won't be easy. The knights will sure help because for one Moriarty is a genius and with that powered up Knights, they will be placed strategically in way that the League will have to fight with intellect but they can pull it off.

Thanks a lot, Boratz. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the read!

#19 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Love it! Never seen Downy Jr. Sherlock movies and I don't know who Armand or these knights are though. But Zorro is an outstanding addition to the Leauge.

#20 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Love it! Never seen Downy Jr. Sherlock movies and I don't know who Armand or these knights are though. But Zorro is an outstanding addition to the Leauge.

Thank you, leroypowell3! The Downy Jr. Sherlock is just bad***. Both are gerat films to watch. Armand is the leader of the Knights of Aragon in the Legend of Zorro the sequel that came out in 2005 starring Antonio Banderas! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gentlemen, Holmes, Zorro, Moriarty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users