Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo Smash Bros, Playstation Allstars, what's next?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

How about a Valve brawler? They don't have many 1st party properties, but they agreed to put Pyro from TF2 in Sonic and Allstars, so maybe Sega might return the favour and include some Sega characters. I've seen this awesome topic on gamesradar giving some other ideas for brawlers...

http://www.gamesrada...nchise-fighter/

#22 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've heard about another new fighter called Blizzard Allstars, and by the gameplay and character roster, it shows that a crossover game can be good even without a huge amount of franchises meeting up.

#23 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've heard of all the games you mentioned

doesn't make them popular or even "cult." Just because you know a game and enjoy a game doesn't automatically make it a cult game. Asking for someone from Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey to be in a Microsoft Brawl game is like me saying "OMG Jack from Madworld should be in the next Smash." It's a pipedream at best.

My horizons are expanded, but you gotta be realistic here. No one at Microsoft is going "oh shit gotta make a Brawl like game with the guy from Ninenty-Nine Nights!" Simply put Microsoft just doesn't have enough first party characters of to pull this off. At least Sony has a handful of million sellers to pull up the slack in guys like Kratos and Nathan Drake and a deeper history to fall back on. If Microsoft did this it'll be "3rd Party All stars feat. Master Chief."

Heh. I know they're a long shot, but I think they'd be better choices than that Blue Dragon kid. It's probably not gonna happen, but I think the Tales series is fairly popular. They've brought over quite a few of them. Unfortunately, I think the only one that ever reached Platinum/Greatest Hits status was Symphonia, back on the Gamecube.

#24 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Developer vs. developer games could be pretty awesome. They should do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users