Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo Smash Bros, Playstation Allstars, what's next?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Which company is gonna make another crossover brawler?

Which ones would you like to see brawl it out?

If Microsoft (probably the most likely choice) made a brawler, which 3rd party characters would probably make an appearance?

#2 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

For the one you'd like to see, it doesn't have to be a videogame company. Could be a film company, a book company, or whatever.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Capcom All Out War!!! With Dante, Asura, Ryu, Akuma, Mega Man, Power Stone guys, some Resident Evil monsters, Strider, Ghouls and Ghost monsters and the whole Darkstalkers crowd going at it in a Asura style fighting game.

#4 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Microsoft needs to get in on this. Master Chief vs. Commander Shepard vs. Marcus Fenix. Hell yeah!

#5 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Eventually there will only be one gigantic crossover game and all of the video game companies will collaborate to make it.
Master Chief vs Skorpion vs the Dragonborn vs etc.

#6 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Eventually there will only be one gigantic crossover game and all of the video game companies will collaborate to make it.
Master Chief vs Skorpion vs the Dragonborn vs etc.

When I was a kid, the perfect dream is to see all my favourite characters together in one place fighting it out. I then realised it's impossible due to *vulgarity*ing copyright laws, but the closest thing to that dream is CBUB, and that's why I'm here now. But God how much I still want to see Super Mario vs Basil Brush for real.

#7 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'd love to see Microsoft or Valve try to make a crossover game. If Microsoft, it'd be a good (and only) chance to see Kameo vs Marcus Felix or Gordon Freeman vs Chell vs Heavy.

#8 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Oh god if Microsoft even ATTEMPTED this it would be the biggest farce in the industry. I mean you got Chief, Arbiter, Marcus and... Fable Dude? Banjo-Kazooie? Sheppard isn't even an exclusive anymore (though his status of being one "at one point" lends creedence to him being on the roster as would a Big Daddy have been except, well, you know.)

I just... I just don't know if you can make a Microsoft "Brawl" game where one third of the characters would even be first party. I mean what would be in it? A viva pinata? Kameo? the kid from blue dragon? Good god.

Personally if we're going "brawl style" it's sega. The only answer is Sega. They have the roster that is deep enough to make this work with the right mix of varrying character styles.

Otherwise the dream game is what Treach described; take the MVC3 engine, jettison marvel, make it ALL Capcom, have a roster of like 40 characters, proceed to shut me up and take my money.

#9 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

the kid from blue dragon?

I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the 360 exclusive JRPG characters, but he would be last on the list. Or perhaps, not even on the list?

#10 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Oh god if Microsoft even ATTEMPTED this it would be the biggest farce in the industry. I mean you got Chief, Arbiter, Marcus and... Fable Dude? Banjo-Kazooie? Sheppard isn't even an exclusive anymore (though his status of being one "at one point" lends creedence to him being on the roster as would a Big Daddy have been except, well, you know.)

I just... I just don't know if you can make a Microsoft "Brawl" game where one third of the characters would even be first party. I mean what would be in it? A viva pinata? Kameo? the kid from blue dragon? Good god.

Personally if we're going "brawl style" it's sega. The only answer is Sega. They have the roster that is deep enough to make this work with the right mix of varrying character styles.

Otherwise the dream game is what Treach described; take the MVC3 engine, jettison marvel, make it ALL Capcom, have a roster of like 40 characters, proceed to shut me up and take my money.

Microsoft actually have quite a few franchises in their possession. But most are kind of cult favourites. But like how Nintendo did by including cult favs like Ice Climbers and Pit, Microsoft might improve sales of the more obscure games.

A Disney brawler would be quite cool. Have like 30 classic Disney and Pixar stars, and then have 3 DLC packs including characters from Marvel, Star Wars and Square-Enix.

#11 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Microsoft actually have quite a few franchises in their possession. But most are kind of cult favourites. But like how Nintendo did by including cult favs like Ice Climbers and Pit, Microsoft might improve sales of the more obscure games.

Such cult classics as Too Human, Crackdown and Bullet Witch! /sarcasm

#12 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

More like Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Lost Odyssey. ;)

#13 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

There's a lot they could use, really.

#14 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

If the Playstation can use the Big Daddy, I'm pretty sure Microsoft can use Shepard. Maybe throw in some Kinectimals in there?

#15 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

More like Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Lost Odyssey.

Thanks for furthering my point? There's "cult" and then there's "unknown."

#16 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've never heard of any of that crap.

#17 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for furthering my point? There's "cult" and then there's "unknown."

...You've heard of Blue Dragon, but not Lost Odyssey? And damn you guys are lame, if the only JRPGs you play are Final Fantasy. Expand your horizons! :)

#18 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm pretty certain the Tales games have a fairly large cult following, also. They've been bringing the games over, since the PS1 days. Not to mention, the Tales of the Abyss remake on the 3DS and Tales of Graces f on the PS3 sold well enough for them to be bringing over Tales of Xillia, sometime next year. I need a PS3...

#19 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

When I first saw Snake in Smash Bros, I was wondering why he didn't have any guns to fight with. Then PSABR came along and half the cast were armed with guns and such. Perhaps if they made Microsoft Allstars they might up the game and include blood and visual dismemberings. It wouldn't really matter, since most Microsoft characters are from quite violent games anyway.

#20 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

...You've heard of Blue Dragon, but not Lost Odyssey? And damn you guys are lame, if the only JRPGs you play are Final Fantasy. Expand your horizons!

I've heard of all the games you mentioned

doesn't make them popular or even "cult." Just because you know a game and enjoy a game doesn't automatically make it a cult game. Asking for someone from Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey to be in a Microsoft Brawl game is like me saying "OMG Jack from Madworld should be in the next Smash." It's a pipedream at best.

My horizons are expanded, but you gotta be realistic here. No one at Microsoft is going "oh shit gotta make a Brawl like game with the guy from Ninenty-Nine Nights!" Simply put Microsoft just doesn't have enough first party characters of to pull this off. At least Sony has a handful of million sellers to pull up the slack in guys like Kratos and Nathan Drake and a deeper history to fall back on. If Microsoft did this it'll be "3rd Party All stars feat. Master Chief."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users