3 replies to this topic

#1 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Things were looking up for Oswald in recent years. With the help of the persistant Disney folks, hemade his triumphant return to popularity. His first video game with (now) friendly rival Mickey has been largely successful. And now, he has been chosen to join the ranks of a select few to live in the Nexus of Realities: Khazan.

Currently, he is living with Mickey Mouse in the toon section of CBUB. He hasn't gotten his own house as of yet, but he's been working on it.

"So this is where you've been hanging out when you're not in adventures, huh." Oswald admired. gazing into the spacious residence. "I can see why."

"Oh, Minnie and I don't stay here all the time. But this place makes a swell vacation home," he admitted, taking a duster to get rid of some unwanted dust bunnies on a table"As I've said before, you're welcome to stay for as long as you need to be. When you've found a house, you can move out of this old dump in no time."

"Saaaay... I thought it was a free place. Why dodn't they just assign a house for me?"

Mickey looked over with a tint of guilt. "Our section is part of an experiment. They're trying to see if they can market the insurance industry as some of the other sections. We have to be more careful with damaging property now... ever since that Woody Woodpecker incident that trashed the city, we have to be more careful about what we destroy..."

Before Mickey could say anything, a figure crashed through a wall, ending up smashing thetable to smithereens.

"Bluto! I told you and Popeye to do your fights elsewhere," he groaned. "You're costing me money!"

"This big oaf ws asking for it!" Popeye entered through the wall, landing yet another punch at Bluto, sending through another wall out of the house, with the sailor in hot pursuit.

"Sigh. You should go talk to Flintheart about that. I'm a bit busy right know." With a mutter under his breath, Mickey made his way out of the building...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oswald was not that pleased with that development, making his way to the expansive mansion of Flintheart. A ringing of the bell garnished nothing. Nor did multiple presses of the button by the increasing impatient rabbit.

"Read the sign for pete's sakes lad!" That came from a megaphone attached to a wall.

"What sign?" A mechanical finger moved out from a hole in the wall to point at the carpet next to the door. It read 'Knock, don't use the bell.'

"Then why do you have a bell in the first place?" he complained, leaping up and pushing his head inside the megaphone.

"Who says you need to know?" The megaphone spoke even louder, knocking Oswald out of the porch and into a bush.

Grumbling, the rabbit stomped to the door and knocked on the door. He was met almost immediately with a duck figure. "Much better. That bell gives me such an awful headache. Now what do you want?"

Oswald rolled his eyes at the comment about the bell as he spoke. "Yeah, I've got a problem with your insurance policy for toons..."

"Say no further. Ye must be new here," he replied almost prophetically.

"Yeah, so what?" Oswald, asked, not too impressed.

"You've yet to see the benefits of my new policies. I'll let you come in for now."

Leading Oswald forward, he took the rabbit into the living room. Even the lucky rabbit was impressed with the business duck's collection of riches. He even say a sign that pointed to a lake full of riches. Eventually, the two sat down at a couch.

"Now, you probably know how much damage cartoons like us make, right?" He gave Oswald a glass of wine, to which he refused.

"Yeah, it's what we do. Heck, it was my thing during my heydey. Yup, those were the days," he spoke fondly.

"Aye, but it comes with a price. For everytime messes get cleaned up, they get destroyed all over again. And this kind of destruction often spills over to the other sections of our fair city, the ones that can't restore their damages as easily. Just recently, we had a terrible incident involving Woody Woodpecker. The members were discussing what to do about it when I thought of a brilliant plan. Why not charge people with an insurance policy. Toons will have to pay a sum for the destructions they wroth. Those that don't are slapped with a huge sum." He gave Oswald a slap of his own as he said this, who returned with an unfriendly stare.

"Anyways, toons pay me to protect their fortunes and I clean up their messes. It's enough of an incentive not to cause as much damage to the city as before.

"But slapstick is what many of us do best," Oswald objected. "Some of the folks here lived their lives on such comedy. The likes of Tom, Jerry, and the Looney Tunes wouldn't be the same without it. Sure it's not as popular, but we can't discriminate against them.

"Your opinion not mine. And I'm sure that most residents outside of here will agree on my stance." Standing up, he took his bottle away. "Now what you know the details, it's best that ye be off now."

"Hey... but I'm not done talking..." But the duck had a fairly strong grip as well as a good kick, sending Oswald right through a fire hydrant.

"I suggest you get get some of my insurance to take care of that hydrant lad. That'll cost ye a huge sum." And with a loud slam of the door, he walked away. All things were going according to plan. It wouldn't be long until he became the richest being in CBUB, and he was the perpetrator of those events...

"That no good rascal." He managed to break out of the hydrant, causing it to spray water into the air. "That two-timing duck must have planned this out. And I'm gonna find out how...

Will Oswald figure out how to bust Flintheart? He could go ask other CBUB residents for information and a bit of help too.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Learn More About
Oswald The Lucky Rabbit
Read more about Oswald The Lucky Rabbit at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney Links: Wikipedia Toonopedia Disney Wiki

Flintheart Glomgold
Read more about Flintheart Glomgold at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney Links: Wikipedia Disney Wiki Villains Wiki

#3 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Take two. Hopefully more matches to come.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

A match repost so soon, pat?

Aw well, as I stated the first time, I don't think Oswald's smart enough to bust Glomgold on his own. If Oswald can enilst the help of someone that's used to dealing with him, though, he stands a good chance.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Match Final Results
No User Ratings on this match received!
SCORE
Oswald The Lucky Rabbit: 9
Flintheart Glomgold: 6